Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    They hyped up Ethan Embry's character in publicity and then kill him off in the first episode.

I like the addition of Heath.

Morgan may eventually turn on Rick. I like how he saw through Carol's harmless act. I wonder if he was trained by a character from the comics who has been cast but I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I won't post who.

The black and white made it hard to see how many walkers were gathered in the quarry. (Which could be why they filmed it that way)
    Well on Talking Dead , Greg N. claimed this was the biggest amount of extras the show has ever used. That it was a record setting deal as far as extras go for the show thus far . This is something he hinted about weeks ago during the pre-show before Fear the Walking Dead. I do think he used some CGI as well to show the massive quarry pit of walkers.

As he joked about the end of the show , "Well some dude came by and blew his horn , claiming we done blew the entire budget on all the extras. So that is why we ended it that way."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Nicotero likes the face bite gag

He did it in The Mist and some other films along with TWD

What is pretty funny is Ethan Embry is the 2nd guy from That Thing You Do to be cast in a zombie TV series the last 2 years. Last year Tom Everett Scott was cast in Z Nation as the lead character for awhile. Embry told on Talking Dead that he had auditioned for several roles in the series the past couple years and they settled on this one for him. He wouldn't say because he felt it would be wrong to have people question the acting choices that was made.

Anyhow I brought up in the Walking Dead Review thread I do (and have finished season #5 ...all 5 seasons done in 8 months) the Alexandria people are very badly sheltered. It speaks volumes that Enid is more able to go outside and exist without as much fear as they would. Carter (Embry) summed up how these people have never been able to handle anything like what Rick has. As Rick Grimes has said , these people just don't know what they are in and how they can survive. He doubts he can show them. Morgan believes he can do it by showing his leadership.

Its oddly working now for Nicholas and I believe that Rick as the tough father will influence Ron and perhaps Sam. He built Carl from a scared child to someone who can wield a machine gun and shoot down a herd of zombies with no fear. If anything they have that right guy , its just ...does Rick have the patience ?

(here is my Walking Dead Review thread )

http://community.comicbookresources....ng+Dead+Review
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extremely slow episode.
    A couple cool character moments that can build on later on but the rest was a lot time being eaten up on nothing.

A couple of things that bugged me was a weird continuity error about clearing that tractor place. How back is the Flashback taking place? Cause in the flashback discovering the tractor store they said they were going to clear it on their way back at night. But when the dry run goes south the place is still not clear. So this flash back took place THE same day as the dry run? But the others could not have happened THE say day, right. They didnt build a wall on the same day.

Talking about the wall, that whole scene with the zombie attack was so weird. So the Alexandria people were so scared that they didnt just run away? The hell? One of two people freezing, ok, but the whole group was goofy.

The last thing was how much they went on about noise drawing them off and the two vehicles in front are not making any sort of noise? The hell? That whole scene with Abraham did not need to exist. The zombies were walking off? Honk the horn. come on, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Extremely slow episode.
    A couple cool character moments that can build on later on but the rest was a lot time being eaten up on nothing.

A couple of things that bugged me was a weird continuity error about clearing that tractor place. How back is the Flashback taking place? Cause in the flashback discovering the tractor store they said they were going to clear it on their way back at night. But when the dry run goes south the place is still not clear. So this flash back took place THE same day as the dry run? But the others could not have happened THE say day, right. They didnt build a wall on the same day.
    It was the same day that Rick went to show them the pit and why they had to do this. In fact if you key his speech from the start of the episode and at the end , they are the same speech he starts to pump them up for this. For what is happening. They were gonna do a practice run of A-Z as Carter yells , but Rick knows once that semi truck falls. Its GO TIME. They gotta go now or that pit of walkers will be coming. Its why he told Carter there is no time , they have to do it now.

Talking about the wall, that whole scene with the zombie attack was so weird. So the Alexandria people were so scared that they didnt just run away? The hell? One of two people freezing, ok, but the whole group was goofy.
    A lot of them have never seen a walker or been outside. Deanna said the Army took them there from the very start. So they have never had to live in that fear. Its why Rick tells Morgan the people have been so sheltered they have no clue what is out there.

The last thing was how much they went on about noise drawing them off and the two vehicles in front are not making any sort of noise? The hell? That whole scene with Abraham did not need to exist. The zombies were walking off? Honk the horn. come on, man.
    I believe even Sasha was like...WTF are you doing ? The guys along the woods can take those spare walkers out. Abraham showed he's....not really as sane as we'd believe .

Lennie James is now a cast member? Ah, cool. PleasestayaliveMorgan!

Why do I love Eugene all of a sudden? Dude gets the best lines.

I like how Rick and Morgan were basically meeting for the first time. They may as well forget each other's history (although Morgan should never forget the injustice Michonne did to him). Great character moments. Loved Maggie telling Tara she's one of the most important people in the world to her. Glenn and Nicholas was pretty good too. And Carter had a very valid response to Rick in general. Although it's a shame Rick ended up being right about him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    What is pretty funny is Ethan Embry is the 2nd guy from That Thing You Do to be cast in a zombie TV series the last 2 years.
    They need to remake That Thing You Do with zombies. Interesting Ethan Embry was on Once Upon A Time with Sonequa Martin-Green but they didn't interact at all here.

Abraham showed he's....not really as sane as we'd believe .
    He showed he's got about as much sanity in him as I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Eh, I think I'm sitting this season out. May binge watch the complete season at some point, though.
    You are not the only one. Ratings dip. The zombies on “The Walking Dead” may be starting to stagger.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...2fc_story.html

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I wonder if the ratings dip accounts for DVR or digital purchases/streaming options what with all the cord-cutting trends lately. You have AMC's website, iTunes, Amazon, regular DVR etc.

Pretty sure the DVR crowd will factor in the ratings after 3 days or so.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    You are not the only one. Ratings dip. The zombies on “The Walking Dead” may be starting to stagger.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...2fc_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    I wonder if the ratings dip accounts for DVR or digital purchases/streaming options what with all the cord-cutting trends lately. You have AMC's website, iTunes, Amazon, regular DVR etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Pretty sure the DVR crowd will factor in the ratings after 3 days or so.
    That is what the article linked brings up. That the DVR ratings haven't came in yet. Also a factor is this...the Walking Dead has been airing since August. The show is now a mass market bonanza and has been running for months already. Plus AMC is airing a weekly webisode series as well. This isn't counting the video games and more that has started.

If I'm AMC I worry about exhausting this franchise out. It happened with Law & Order and CSI after so long. Its happening with NCIS right now. In all , at some point you can exhaust the fans out from a very hot series. Of course with Walking Dead , this has been a golden goose. AMC executives are gushing over it proclaiming its not even halfway done as a series. So they are in this series for a long , long time it seems.

BANNED

yes the ratings were lower, but that was compared with last years premiere

compared to most any other show on cable right now, TWD still beats a lot of other shows out there

Well the DVR ratings came in and they were higher than last years. In total the Walking Dead did 19.5 million viewers. Still a damn good rating for this show.

Well the DVR ratings came in and they were higher than last years. In total the Walking Dead did 19.5 million viewers. Still a damn good rating for this show.

Yeah, I'm definitely not concerned about any decline.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Skip down....

-

-

- The Wolves were behind the attack and poor Carol has to see people she seemed to slowly bond with die. In the end Carol dawns the Wolves clothing and dresses as sorta like ...Snake Plissken. The ending where her and Morgan walk by each other , not pleased with what they had just done.

- Ron is stunned and realized his mother is turning dangerous like the man he hates...Rick Grimes. She brutally stabs a woman to death HARDCORE. I mean she unleashes her anger she had built for years living with Pete.

- Morgan making a few Wolves leave was a good touch. I'm sure that Rick is gonna likely return and soon demand that they track and kill the remaining Wolves. WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

- We learned what JSS stands for from Enid. Her note to Carl seems to echo this. He wants her to stay there but he can't.

Fantastic Member

Skip down....

-

-

- The Wolves were behind the attack and poor Carol has to see people she seemed to slowly bond with die. In the end Carol dawns the Wolves clothing and dresses as sorta like ...Snake Plissken. The ending where her and Morgan walk by each other , not pleased with what they had just done.

- Ron is stunned and realized his mother is turning dangerous like the man he hates...Rick Grimes. She brutally stabs a woman to death HARDCORE. I mean she unleashes her anger she had built for years living with Pete.

- Morgan making a few Wolves leave was a good touch. I'm sure that Rick is gonna likely return and soon demand that they track and kill the remaining Wolves. WIPE THEM OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

- We learned what JSS stands for from Enid. Her note to Carl seems to echo this. He wants her to stay there but he can't.
    Why are you recapping what we just saw? It's a pretty straight forward show...