Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Storm;1550734]They ran when the horn started, they might have assumed when the horn stopped it was a mistake or something. Either way they need to address how Morgan who was 5 mins ahead of them can be running around the compound for half hour before Rick and co even show up.

Rick and company still need to get around a horde of walkers. They either have to go around them or take them out. I don't know why people wouldn't get this

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest81 View Post
    Rick and company still need to get around a horde of walkers. They either have to go around them or take them out. I don't know why people wouldn't get this
    That's what I assumed too; Morgan was in front of the herd, Rick & Co. were behind it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Morgan is pissing me off.

You cannot just beat them and let them leave because they come back with more intel, why are you such an idiot.

Also, how comes Morgan got back for a large portion of the assault but Rick and Michonne are still miles out, they weren't that far apart.

Carol once again proving to be one of the best members of their group, but now Alexandria knows she's a master infiltrator.

LOVED this episode use of the cooking timer to show you how quickly this took place.
    The impression is Morgan let that group go - but it is one man against like half a dozen. Yes, it showed he could beat them all Kung Fu style but trying to get a group to leave without fighting - especially if you are solo - makes sense. If you fight a group - no matter how bad ass you are you can also get hurt. Best to avoid it if you can.

I am not defending the story choice - some things about this episode were clunky. When Tara brought that slash victim into the hospital - that whole scene felt badly acted or directed - there is an urgency of a real battle outside and she takes time to do a monologue on the nature of bravery as does Eugene. Tara actually has military training - I feel in real life there would have been a more direct response - drop the victim off - head out into the fight quick.

The other scene that felt clunky is re-enactment from the prison battle of Carl approaching a potential prisoner and shooting him. I liked the ambiguity of the first occurrence. The second time with the Wolf felt staged to redeem Carl in some way. I would have found it more compelling if Carl went up to the moaning Wolf and executed him in cold blood. That would be closer to the Carl character from the main source.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guest81 View Post
    I don't recall them being behind them, they bolted through the woods and they can outrun walkers. But as I said before, walkers seems to be the reason for everyone except Morgan. If Morgan was out of this episode, then it wouldn't even be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    You mean Eugene and the priest. Eugene appears to contribute nothing except idle chatter. Unless his new venture is to be a motivational speaker: "Don't be a coward."
    I suppose but I barely noticed Eugene's scenes in this episode, he was off to the side in the 'hospital' being semi-productive instead of cowering in some corner like a little bitch, which is usually his default. I get that he was cowering in the hospital but he was also trying to help save that woman's life too so he gets a pass today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    The impression is Morgan let that group go - but it is one man against like half a dozen. Yes, it showed he could beat them all Kung Fu style but trying to get a group to leave without fighting - especially if you are solo - makes sense. If you fight a group - no matter how bad ass you are you can also get hurt. Best to avoid it if you can.

I am not defending the story choice - some things about this episode were clunky. When Tara brought that slash victim into the hospital - that whole scene felt badly acted or directed - there is an urgency of a real battle outside and she takes time to do a monologue on the nature of bravery as does Eugene. Tara actually has military training - I feel in real life there would have been a more direct response - drop the victim off - head out into the fight quick.

The other scene that felt clunky is re-enactment from the prison battle of Carl approaching a potential prisoner and shooting him. I liked the ambiguity of the first occurrence. The second time with the Wolf felt staged to redeem Carl in some way. I would have found it more compelling if Carl went up to the moaning Wolf and executed him in cold blood. That would be closer to the Carl character from the main source.
    I'm kind of surprised no one is discussing Rick's love interest frenzy killing that woman.

Did anyone catch what the group members were saying to Morgan? It seemed like they knew him.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm kind of surprised no one is discussing Rick's love interest frenzy killing that woman.
    I was quite happy with that scene, as I half expected Jessie to freeze up like every other worthless Alexandrian, and watch her (brat) son get murdered.

Did anyone catch what the group members were saying to Morgan? It seemed like they knew him.
    Didn't catch every word, but you're right, they did act like they knew him. Presumably because the two Wolves he let live last season reported back about the bald ninja that left them locked in a car...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Yeah, I figured it was obvious that Morgan was on the correct side of the herd/terrain to easily get back to down quickly, but the others weren't. Not a big enough deal to waste brain power on.

Yeah, I thought Jessie's son was a goner, but she was awesome. I think those guys new Morgan because of the other two guys he left in the car like mentioned above. I guess the no killing versus needing to debate is going to be Morgan's character arc this season. It seems predictable it will bite him in the ass and get him or someone else killed, but I hope it's not as obvious as all that. Still, this season is off to a great start.

It feels weird if Morgan is going to make this about his humanity, how can he save his humanity by saving those who have none and are intent on murdering him. Keeping his humanity would be him convincing Rick to take more people in, a few seasons ago there was an episode i THINK that Morgan was also in where they passed a guy on the road and didn't stop, then on the way back they passed him getting eaten by walkers, humanity would be making them stop and pick up that guy.

Morgan and the priest need to be tied together holding some rocks and thrown into the ocean, all they create is problems. I'm surprised the priest is even still there after he tried to turn everyone against Rick's group even after they saved his useless good for nothing ass.
    I remember that episode you're talking about, I don't remember if Morgan was in it though. But if he was, then that was before he became "zen-like" and stuff.
    I hope this episode has taught him that sometimes there is no other choice but to kill. When letting go of the five comes back and bites on the ass (and it will), hopefully he will learn that lesson even more concretely. But I still think his unwilling to kill on sight is valuable to have in the group, as they are slowly becoming like the people that have tormented them since this apocalypse. They need someone to remind them of their humanity.

I like Morgan and don't agree with him being offed along with the priest. The priest is on a whole other level of idiocy, he needs to die... horribly.

Also, Jessie really stepped up this episode and showed that she is a survivor, unlike the other Alexandrians. Hopefully her teen son doesn't do something stupid, like make her feel bad for killing that crazy wolf lady. The only Alexandrians who look like they have what it takes to survive are Jessie and Aaron.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-19-2015 at 11:44 AM.

Currently MagSeven

Tara doesn't have military training. She was in a police academy. Police training and military training are pretty different

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Didn't catch every word, but you're right, they did act like they knew him. Presumably because the two Wolves he let live last season reported back about the bald ninja that left them locked in a car...?
    The last guy he killed was the same Wolf he let live from last season.

Thought it was a great episode.

But not pertaining to anything in particular. My choice for bes weapon against walkers. Ice Ax, three killing points, light, easy to handle.

Morgan is pissing me off.

You cannot just beat them and let them leave because they come back with more intel, why are you such an idiot.
    Let's remember the story arc here.
    Last time we saw him he was a crazy maniac and Rick gave him a chance and now he is fine.
    So i think he is seeing other people go through what he went through.
    He is hoping that people will come down from their freak outs like he has.

Also, how comes Morgan got back for a large portion of the assault but Rick and Michonne are still miles out, they weren't that far apart.
    After the horn stopped they must've decided to go back and only Morgan was sent to figure out what happened.
    They still have a zombie herd to push somewhere .

Carol once again proving to be one of the best members of their group, but now Alexandria knows she's a master infiltrator.

LOVED this episode use of the cooking timer to show you how quickly this took place.
    Bat-Carol is being awesome.

The couple things that did bother me are.

1. Now i understand why actual teenagers are not used all the time to play teenagers. I didnt recognize who Ron or Enid were for several minutes because they dont look like they did last season. They both grew up.

2. That was a redfoot tortoise. Those are native to South America, that thing would've been probably dead during the winter. It doesnt take a lot of research to find the native tortoise of Georgia is the gopher tortoise. Unless there is some rule that you cant use them for tv.

3. Enid ate the tortoise raw? That chick should already be dead from disease.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 10-19-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Incredible Member

Interesting point of view from Rosita to Spencer. Personally I thought it's far better to have something to live for, then to have something worth dying for in that world. It'll be a amusing dialog.

Rosita facing a random Wolf. Rosita: I'm willing to die for this place. Random Wolf: That fantastic! Since I'm here to kill you.

I know it more of a combat mindset of having nothing to lose. But the majority of the best survivors on this show are driven by something to live for. Example Rick. His purpose is to protect his family. Yes, he is willing to die for them, but what keep Rick going is their safety. He isn't letting anyone or anything stop him from doing so. It's why Rick tops Abraham who is portray as a natural leader, but has lost his major mission in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Let's remember the story arc here.
    Last time we saw him he was a crazy maniac and Rick gave him a chance and now he is fine.
    So i think he is seeing other people go through what he went through.
    He is hoping that people will come down from their freak outs like he has.
    Agree, Morgan went thru his own madness and has conquer his darkness. Pretty sure Morgan has spilled his fair share of blood during that time. He along with others see Rick descending on his own journal of crazy. Morgan doesn't wish that kinda of hell on anyone. He's trying his best to bring Rick back from going to loony town. But he should learn by now that some folks can change while other can't. He let the wolves go once and the same one came back and spill more blood. He let them go again with a gun, plus no shown indication of them willing to change their ways... Morgan need to learn and find a balance. So neither of these two are fit to lead this town.

Which leads to this bitter sweet option.

Carol as Mayor of Alexandria.

It's bitter cause it's so much fun watching her fly under everyone radar.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Tara doesn't have military training. She was in a police academy. Police training and military training are pretty different
    And wasn't smart enough to make head shots until the Gov came around, to set the women folk straight

*cough*

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I just don't get how he can be such an idiot considering what happened to his wife and son, Carol lost her daughter and her husband and she turned into a freaking badass, Morgan lost his wife and son and basically turned into Carl from season 2. He's going to get someone killed by sparing those people, especially now one of them has a gun.
    Morgan has returned as a Jedi Knight. And Jedi's don't believe in killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    You mean Eugene and the priest. Eugene appears to contribute nothing except idle chatter. Unless his new venture is to be a motivational speaker: "Don't be a coward."
    Eugene's element is basically he is someone who doesn't believe he's brave. Its not til he's in the situation and forced to do it does he come through. He saved the group last season with the fire truck. Then he saved Tara. At some point I think Tara will tell him , your not a coward at all. You just don't believe in yourself like you should.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Thanks , you beat me to this. She also didn't make it through the police academy. She dropped out as she told the Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And wasn't smart enough to make head shots until the Gov came around, to set the women folk straight

*cough*
    Not everyone is using head shots. In Fear the Walking Dead , they shot one guy repeatedly as we saw til someone shot him in the head. We have to remember , there is no Zombies or films about them in the Walking Dead universe. They have no clue til they learn what puts down walkers/biters/infected .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I finally found out why I recognized the JSS girl. She was in Too Many Cooks!
    0.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    2. That was a redfoot tortoise. Those are native to South America, that thing would've been probably dead during the winter. It doesnt take a lot of research to find the native tortoise of Georgia is the gopher tortoise. Unless there is some rule that you cant use them for tv.

3. Enid ate the tortoise raw? That chick should already be dead from disease.
    Them using the wrong turtle doesn;t bother me, while it is interesting to know. But her eating the turtle raw did get on my nerves. How is she alive right now?
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 10-19-2015 at 06:53 PM.