Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not everyone is using head shots. In Fear the Walking Dead , they shot one guy repeatedly as we saw til someone shot him in the head. We have to remember , there is no Zombies or films about them in the Walking Dead universe. They have no clue til they learn what puts down walkers/biters/infected .
    You'd think that, eventually, they'd run out of places to shoot a zombie.

Amazing how anyone who's not a main character has survived past week 2, really, given how stupid they are.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post

Them using the wrong turtle doesn;t bother me, while it is interesting to know. But her eating the turtle raw did get on my nerves. How is she alive right now?
    Yeah that was a knock there. Its a wonder she didn't get violently sick after that. They should have taken the minutes to show Enid sitting by a small fire eating the turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You'd think that, eventually, they'd run out of places to shoot a zombie.

Amazing how anyone who's not a main character has survived past week 2, really, given how stupid they are.
    They are people who don't know things honestly. Its like the Alexandria people. They reacted scared and had no real clue how to handle the Wolves. If Carol wasn't there they would have had the entire placed burned to the ground. After this I believe Rick will likely tell them all "Now do you people get it ? Now do you see what needs to be done ? You either SURVIVE...or you DIE."

The 1st real Alexandria citizen who seems to be snapping into what Rick wants ....Jessie Anderson. She is becoming who he pushed her to be as we see. It will be kinda cool to see her killing walkers beside him when he returns to the community next week .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Tara doesn't have military training. She was in a police academy. Police training and military training are pretty different
    Not if they get trained in Isreal like sum of the cadets in the south.

Carol truly is amazing. The sooner Alexandria sees that and learns from her, the better. Jessie's got the hang of it, why can't her son? Enid may be a survivor, but her chances are probably better inside than out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wonder who's gonna open up the door to the armory and get shot?
    I thought it was going to be Morgan. Heck, I thought Morgan was going to end up killed by that Wolf at the end. I thought they might do some kind of fake-out where they build up Morgan's return just to kill him off quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also, Jessie really stepped up this episode and showed that she is a survivor, unlike the other Alexandrians. Hopefully her teen son doesn't do something stupid, like make her feel bad for killing that crazy wolf lady. The only Alexandrians who look like they have what it takes to survive are Jessie and Aaron.
    I think Dr. Denise will get there. I'm glad they are addressing the doctor issue, and it's not going to be easy, but she's willing to try and push through those panic attacks (and remember to get the body's head whenever she loses one). Aaron is one of the better Alexandrians, but he still messed up pretty badly here. The question now is, how good are the Wolves going to have to be to get this close again? And they only have one gun.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Not if they get trained in Isreal like sum of the cadets in the south.
    Well yeah, Israel is full of badasses.

BANNED

I think Carol has become my favorite. Used to be Michonne, but they haven't done much with her (despite my wishes). Carol has become something completely believable (to me, at least) given what she's been through.

Morgan's annoying me. He might believe in redemption, but that is an individual journey most times. The people attacking Alexandria are working on pack mentality; a lot harder to "reason" with.

I was afraid when Carol was disguised as a Wolf she'd end up getting accidentally killed by an Alexandrian.

I liked all the call-backs to previous episodes: Aaron seeing his pictures where what drew the Wolves there, Gabriel trying to make up for claiming Rick's group was bad, Morgan seeing Wolves he didn't kill last season.

The Walking Dead was down in episode #2 (falling 16% in total viewers) with 12.2 million viewers. The show also had a tough Sunday as the NFL and MLB Championship game was airing against it.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/walking-...lb-1201588539/

Its expected that the DVR ratings will likely be huge again. Last week's show surged to near 20 million viewers after the DVR viewership came in. Also the fact that getting 12+ million viewers against the NFL and MLB is pretty damn good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah that was a knock there. Its a wonder she didn't get violently sick after that. They should have taken the minutes to show Enid sitting by a small fire eating the turtle.

They are people who don't know things honestly. Its like the Alexandria people. They reacted scared and had no real clue how to handle the Wolves. If Carol wasn't there they would have had the entire placed burned to the ground. After this I believe Rick will likely tell them all "Now do you people get it ? Now do you see what needs to be done ? You either SURVIVE...or you DIE."

The 1st real Alexandria citizen who seems to be snapping into what Rick wants ....Jessie Anderson. She is becoming who he pushed her to be as we see. It will be kinda cool to see her killing walkers beside him when he returns to the community next week .
    I'm expecting Deanna to let Rick's group carry weapons freely after this.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm expecting Deanna to let Rick's group carry weapons freely after this.
    Your gonna see Carol and others be leading classes on teaching firearms to those who survived. A number of people won't be happy. Rick's still gonna be fighting some who believe he's led this to the doors of Alexandria. Spencer likely won't fall in as Ron won't. Since he obviously knows his mother wants Rick.

Mighty Member

The Wolves are the perfect bad guys

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Worse ones yet, IMO, unless we get some insight into them. Like, three of them were so busy hacking up dead bodies, they got themselves killed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Worse ones yet, IMO, unless we get some insight into them. Like, three of them were so busy hacking up dead bodies, they got themselves killed.
    I think the insight we got from them is what the one told Morgan last year. The Wolves believe everything has went back to primal stuff. There is no "humanity" anymore. They wanna kill the men , torture , kill and rape the women and run like a pack of...wolves. Its how the one tells Morgan that humanity is falling back to that again.

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Tara doesn't have military training. She was in a police academy. Police training and military training are pretty different
    I thought she was national guard but my point still stands - there is an active combat situation going on and they chose to use her to do a heroic monologue. It came off as a clunky scene. Also, Eugene is a smart guy - he is supposed to make stuff like the Professor from Gilligan's Island but he is shown as being almost useless on the show.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 10-20-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The Wolves remind me too much of the Reavers from Firefly................cartoonish bad guys with no redeeming qualities that you can waste without an existential crisis. The best bad guys are the ones that are realistic and you can sympathize with - "I am stealing food from you to save my people. I am bad because I am selfish and also willing to go to extremes but at home I am a good guy".

Morgan's Jedi Knight philosophising about not killing falls flat when faced with "people" like the Wolves. So far all the bad guys in The Walking Dead are just extreme. I would love realistic bad guys who act like robber barons/pirates but operate using logical human motivations.

I am surprised that there are no human anti-zombie crusaders that roam the countryside eliminating them the way Morgan was doing it in his town. One of my favorite post apocalyptic movies is "Reign of Fire" - a guilty pleasure - and the bad guys in that movie are also the good guys - the human remnants of the military that go from human settlement to settlement to get supplies and gang press kids into the unit to fight the dragons (with high casualty rates).

That kind of bad guy is both realistic and sympathetic. I can see a military unit roll up to Alexandria and at first is welcomed but they force Carl and Ron and the teenagers into their unit so they can go out and kill zombies - the leader is charismatic but also kind of crazy kind of like Ahab in Moby Dick - obsessed with killing zombies but not caring how he does it or who dies doing it.
    Last edited by Jack Flag; 10-20-2015 at 10:36 PM.