Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I hate Negan's guts!!!!!

BANNED

I knew the non reveal was coming but what worries me about is that we'll all be spoiled as to who it is that died long before next season airs. People will be watching to see who is around and filming during the various episodes. There is only a limited amount of flashback stuff the can do to throw off the watchers so eventually it will be obvious who died by simply noting who isn't around filming. And no matter how hard one tries to avoid finding out it will get out and most will probably hear who it is.

That said my money all season has been on Abraham and this episode even made it more likely for me. It won't be a woman because the show would be worried about domestic violence outrage. It won't be Rick or Carl because they are the unkillables given their roles in the comic. That leaves Abraham, Glenn, Darryl, and Eugene. All season they've been telegraphing Abraham. He found a reason to live a few episodes back and he talked about a future with Sasha tonight. Thats like the kiss of death.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 04-04-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

This was dumb.

A lot of the episode felt like filler, just a whole lot of nothing happened until the end when even more nothing happened. Why is it Game of Thrones can pop a guy's head open like a grape but TWD wimps out not just on the gore but on who they're killing. So yeah, this was dumb.

That said, JDM as Negan was cool. The debut of that character hinges on a cliffhanger though, which kinda spoils it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I hate Negan's guts!!!!!
    Now, now...I'm sure he's just a misunderstood former car salesman...

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I knew the non reveal was coming but what worries me about is that we'll all be spoiled as to who it is that died long before next season airs. People will be watching to see who is around and filming during the various episodes. There is only a limited amount of flashback stuff the can do to throw off the watchers so eventually it will be obvious who died by simply noting who isn't around filming. And no matter how hard one tries to avoid finding out it will get out and most will probably hear who it is
    This is my major gripe with the cliffhanger as well. It should have been resolved in a post-credits scene.

I knew the non reveal was coming but what worries me about is that we'll all be spoiled as to who it is that died long before next season airs.
    I can't see them making the play they did without having a plan for this aspect of what they were doing.

Incredible Member

That said my money all season has been on Abraham and this episode even made it more likely for me. It won't be a woman because the show would be worried about domestic violence outrage. It won't be Rick or Carl because they are the unkillables given their roles in the comic. That leaves Abraham, Glenn, Darryl, and Eugene. All season they've been telegraphing Abraham. He found a reason to live a few episodes back and he talked about a future with Sasha tonight. Thats like the kiss of death.
    I agree Abraham is highly likely, I think Eugene has a certain charm that keeps him around for a while longer, but I think you're leaving out Aaron. Wasn't he there too? But he's like the least important, so it'll probably be a more major character. And the reason it won't (indeed, CAN'T) be Rick or Carl is because they are already ruled out by Negan saying something like "If anyone moves, cut out the kid's other eye and feed it to his father" just before he started beating whoever the victim was.

Seeing Rick's feelings of Manifest Destiny come crashing down in one fell swoop was powerful. Literally not one word from him as he was driven to his knees- wow. I just wonder why in that moment of defeat no one said "Please, you can have everything but this woman is pregnant and she's in trouble and she needs to get to a doctor, THAT'S ALL WE'RE TRYING TO DO!" It might have at least been worth a try seeing as how the Saviors claim that they're not really the bad guys. Probably wouldn't have worked, but still.

I can almost picture an aftermath of this in which Darryl says something to Negan like "All right, I'll work for you, but you gotta let me and that Dwight guy over there settle our differences and I mean to the death because me and him just aren't gonna work out!"

One final creepy thought- if Maggie miscarries and the baby is still inside her, will it become an unborn zombie and try to eat her from the inside or just bite her and make her turn as well and just cause the most unbelievably messed up thing that's ever happened on the show?

I don't usually chime in on Walking Dead threads but there was a lot of food for thought tonight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I can't see them making the play they did without having a plan for this aspect of what they were doing.
    Thats why I expect some flashbacks in the first episode or two. It keeps the dead person around a bit longer so it will be less obvious to those watching the filming. However given the show usually has at least the first half season filmed if not more by the time the first episode airs I worry that they can't flashback enough to not give it away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    but I think you're leaving out Aaron. Wasn't he there too?
    Did completely forget about him as he is so minor a character. If they kill him it would be a huge let down after all the anticipation.

Still say Abraham for another reason. Denise took his death from the comic meaning its his turn now to take someone elses since thats how the show does things.

I do now though think *comic spoiler about something that is at least two or three seasons away*spoilers:
    Glenn's head might end up on a post in a few seasons if not sooner. While I've read the comic to current date it all sorta blurs for me from this point on as I've only read them once and there were soooooo many new characters I forget who died in what way and even to a large extent who is still alive of the main cast outside Rick, Andrea, Michonne, Maggie, and Carl. If you chose to read this and haven't read the comic then the big climax of an issue about six months ago was a new group of human wacko's who kidnap and behead a bunch of characters and put their heads on posts.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 04-04-2016 at 03:20 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    As much as I would have liked to know who met Lucille tonight, I have no problem with how they ended the season. They've been building up (almost painfully) how good Alexandria/Rick & co. are this half of the season, and it was satisfying to see it slowly crumble apart in the season finale and inevitably leave them humbled and helpless. That's why I don't mind the wait, that's exactly how it should have ended as far as I'm concerned. If we knew, next season would've opened with a whimpering post-killing skulk back home. Now that helpless feeling is going to last until the fall until we see who bit it. Works for me.

Now, if they don't reveal who it is in the first episode next season? Then I'll be pissed.
    On Talking Dead Cohan (Maggie) claims that a lot of Negan's scenes were filmed separate than when they filmed and she has no clue who will die til they return next season. Morgan (Negan) claims the actors were up almost all night , had basically been through hell through a hard filming. They then basically told him how solid they thought he was. He really felt that was pretty awesome of this cast to do that.

"I felt like I been auditioning for the role for months..." - Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Bazinga's C-Men View Post
    Now, now...I'm sure he's just a misunderstood former car salesman...
    I'm guessing ex-military in the TV series.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    As much as I would have liked to know who met Lucille tonight, I have no problem with how they ended the season. They've been building up (almost painfully) how good Alexandria/Rick & co. are this half of the season, and it was satisfying to see it slowly crumble apart in the season finale and inevitably leave them humbled and helpless. That's why I don't mind the wait, that's exactly how it should have ended as far as I'm concerned. If we knew, next season would've opened with a whimpering post-killing skulk back home. Now that helpless feeling is going to last until the fall until we see who bit it. Works for me.

Now, if they don't reveal who it is in the first episode next season? Then I'll be pissed.

Yep. This is pretty much my take on it.

I, too, will be pissed if they don't do the reveal in the season premiere. I'm sure it will be in the opening scene.

I'm guessing everything related to upcoming filming and press releases, etc will be VERY tightly held to the chest so to speak. No spoilers from anyone on set, fewer cameras behind the scenes, etc.

EDIT

Question for anyone:

Where was Jesus during all this? Back at Hilltop, presumably?
    Last edited by hulahulk; 04-04-2016 at 06:41 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    This was dumb.

A lot of the episode felt like filler, just a whole lot of nothing happened until the end when even more nothing happened. Why is it Game of Thrones can pop a guy's head open like a grape but TWD wimps out not just on the gore but on who they're killing. So yeah, this was dumb.
    AMC is not HBO, simple as that. I can't recall what movie it was but they show edited versions of the movies broadcast on AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    That said, JDM as Negan was cool. The debut of that character hinges on a cliffhanger though, which kinda spoils it a bit.
    I should have known they wouldn't reveal who it was going to be. I'm leaning towards Abraham also. The filming will have to be really guarded on this because it could be leaked out this summer. If they film a lot indoors they could swing it but they do a lot of location shooting in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm guessing ex-military in the TV series.
    He feels like ex-mob to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Well, in the characters' defense, they didn't know how many people were in Negan's group. They really had to check all routes, since they weren't familiar with them.

I do agree about all the commercials. A 60 minute slot gives us 42-44 minutes of show. Seems like a 90 minute slot gives us even less.
    They had all those commercials so they could free up the ending of them so we could get the Negan scene with no breaks in it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics