Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Nathan Fillion Would Like to Play Booster Gold... or Ambush Bug

Asked what hero he'd like to bring to life next, the "Firefly" alum pitched two of DC Comics more humorous do-gooders.

Full article here.

That's a movie that I'd watch in a heartbeat.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Nathan Fillion as Booster Gold? I'm actually shocked I never thought of that before because that would be some perfect casting.

Maybe Alan Tudyk for Blue Beetle or Skeets ?

Please no.

Is DC still using booster gold in their new 50 whatever thingie?

Nathan Fillon does not have the body for playing a Booster Gold anymore.

Incredible Member

Adam Baldwin did voice Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern in the JLU episode , "The Once and Future Thing." where John Stewert ,due to a disruption in the time stream briefly shifted to Hal Jordan for about a minute. Honestly, if Fillon was to play anyone in MCU my top choice would be Richard Rider, Nova. I know we'd probably have Sam Alexander foisted on us, but I wouldn't mind Fillon playing Rider in a mentor role to Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Nathan Fillon does not have the body for playing a Booster Gold anymore.
    Yeah, but between now and any possible BG movie he could diet and exercise. His current physical shape's nothing to be concerned about.

I can see it personality-wise, but Booster's attitude and his faults seem very attributable to his youth. Not sure what it would say about a Booster Gold who still acted that way at Fillion's age.

BANNED

I just don't get the weird collective hard-on geekdom seems to have for Fillion. He's a one-note, C-grade actor who has a small bit of charisma.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I just don't get the weird collective hard-on geekdom seems to have for Fillion. He's a one-note, C-grade actor who has a small bit of charisma.
    Heretic! You stand there while I get some tar and feathers!

Seriously, I like Fillion and I think he could have done a great Booster (Captain Hammer with more brains and style). However, he's probably a few years past the role now.

You do realize you've just described every actor/actress that geekdom holds dear...

Fantastic Member

I'd say the same of Firefly and by extension Whedon.

BANNED

Yeah, the same here. He was on a failed not so great cult TV show, and a failed not so great movie based on said TV show.
    But, man, for a while they wanted to play every goddam super-hero besides Wonder Woman..and if someone suggested him for WW, I wouldn't have been surprised.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You do realize you've just described every actor/actress that geekdom holds dear...
    It reminds me of the fans wanting all these wrestlers to play all their favorite characters.
    Surprisingly, Batista did a great job with Drax, and The Rock has too much charisma to fail with Black Adam.
    But, Triple H as Thor..yeah, okay. Sorry that didn't work out for you, Dawg.