Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
Not liking this book as much as I was hoping to. Pacing seems slow, there's been zero progress on the mystery since the first issue and we haven't learned anything new yet we couldn't have guessed after the first issue. Guy's voice seems a little off to me but I'm not quite sure what's rubbing me the wrong way. And I wish the alien lanterns got a little more face time.

I don't think it's a bad book, it's just off to a dull start.
This is a different take than your regular Green Lantern Corps series. So it may not be your kind of book. I wouldn't say that there's "zero" progress on the mystery. There's just lots of places for the Green Lantern Corps to explore and learn. And we should be able to learn more about Relic's universe from a different perspective later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
I have a good feeling that the events in this story will reverse Oa's destruction, and possibly Xanshi's. If the tptb want to remove Xanshi from John's record, this would be the time to do it.
I hope this is true. Cullen Bunn answered on some interesting questions on reddit. The ongoing series is desired to last around 14 issues. I don't know if that's considered a mini or not though. He says that he needs at least a year to tell the story.