Super Moderator

Default "Batman v Superman's" Henry Cavill Weighs in on Superman's Love Life

When asked whether he sees Superman with Wonder Woman or Lois Lane, Cavill revealed that the answer isn't quite as simple as it appears.

Full article here.

Plus, Gal Gadot is hotter than Amy Adams. So theres that.....

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    Plus, Gal Gadot is hotter than Amy Adams. So theres that.....
    In your opinion. Adams does it for me.

Anyway... I think most people would agree that Superman belongs with Lois.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    In your opinion. Adams does it for me
    I can only agree to that.

Interesting answer from Cavill and pretty much why i think that Lois is a better choice.

People saying Lois grounds Superman completely invalidates all that the Kents did. Lois isn't his only tie to humanity, he was grounded before he met her. He has plenty of other friends too. He was raised human since he was a baby, he didn't show up on Earth as a 27 year old. He is pretty much human and saying he can't act like one is insulting to him as a character. This isn't against the pairing, but saying Lois is solely responsible for Superman connecting with humanity is a complete misunderstanding of the Superman story. Superman's tie to humanity is humanity. He exists for everybody.

Although this is the Man of Steel movie universe where the Kents were useless. Worst Jonathan Kent ever. I thought the movie was alright, but that version of Jonathan was sooooo bad.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    although this is the Man of Steel movie universe
    Yes it is, and that's what we are talking about here, not the comics.

Superman sure has a thing for Ls: Lana, Lori, Lois ...

I like Bruce and Diana better anyway.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lois and Clark. Superman loves Lois Lane.
    I kind of liked Bruce and Diana because of the DCAU, but there's probably no real push for it.
    If you really want to go bold, Bruce and Clark!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Yes it is, and that's what we are talking about here, not the comics.
    Even so, the point applies. Superman's ties to humanity is humanity as a whole, not just Lois. Even though this version of Lois is better than the comics version. Lois is a good character, but even if she were my favourite of all; I wouldn't be completely overestimating her input.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If you really want to go bold, Bruce and Clark!
    OTP.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

He belongs with Diana. Amy Adams is overrated and annoying, and she is nothing like the iconic Lois Lane.

Astonishing Member

People saying Lois grounds Superman completely invalidates all that the Kents did. Lois isn't his only tie to humanity, he was grounded before he met her. He has plenty of other friends too. He was raised human since he was a baby, he didn't show up on Earth as a 27 year old. He is pretty much human and saying he can't act like one is insulting to him as a character. This isn't against the pairing, but saying Lois is solely responsible for Superman connecting with humanity is a complete misunderstanding of the Superman story. Superman's tie to humanity is humanity. He exists for everybody.

Although this is the Man of Steel movie universe where the Kents were useless. Worst Jonathan Kent ever. I thought the movie was alright, but that version of Jonathan was sooooo bad.
    I don't think Lois is "solely responsible for Superman connecting to humanity," but I also don't think she "invalidates all the Kents did." She is the personal connection and continuation of Clark's connection to humanity, especially in the MoS universe where Clark doesn't have many close ties.

As for Diana, she's too much for Bruce to handle; even Clark with super-speed can barely keep up with her.

I should have prefaced my earlier post with:

If the original trinity had to be coupled, I'd choose Diana/Bruce. But I'd prefer that to not happen and they all walk on their own with their own characters/romances away from each other.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I should have prefaced my earlier post with:

If the original trinity had to be coupled, I'd choose Diana/Bruce. But I'd prefer that to not happen and they all walk on their own with their own characters/romances away from each other.
    The Nolan movies had Bruce pining after Rachel, even though she moved on. The Burton films had him going through a love interest each film.
    For me, the Nolan movies had the better idea..this insane mission he is on doesn't really allow a lot of personal relationships.
    Superman, though, it is Clark and Lois all the way. One of the best things about MOS was doing away with the whole 'Lois doesn't know Clark is Superman.' That was a fresh and interesting idea, and it had her figuring it out before he even put the suit on and presenting himself to the world.

Astonishing Member

Total agreement