Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Secret Wars: Secret Love, #1

Marguerite Bennett, Katie Cook, Michel Fiffe, Felipe Smith, Jeremy Whitley, Gurihiru and Kris Anka's "Secret Wars: Secret Love" #1 is a comics romance anthology set in Battleworld.

Full review here.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This was really, really, really, really, really, really good. There wasn't a single story I didn't love.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    This was really, really, really, really, really, really good. There wasn't a single story I didn't love.
    lol I know: I saw the cover and said "oh god". Then I said "how much do you want to bet this is as good as all the other SW titles that I thought might be a dud and came
    away pleasantly surprised and entertained". Glad I picked this up.

Amazing Member

I want Lucy to be canon O.O those two were adorable

The weird thing about Secret Love is that love can exist among this chaos of Battleworld. People kiss while demons devour Limbo's New York City. Mephisto makes his first appearance in Battleworld in Limbo. A girl loves Robbie Reyes unbeknownst to her, Robbie is staving off sickening torture if he loses a race, so jealousy over Ms Marvel crushing on Robbie is sort of irrelevant in that sort of emotional stranglehold. Another New York, and there is Misty Knight and Iron Fist who got married and had a kid, still finding it awkward going on structured dates but perfectly comfortable after beating a Dinosaur to death. Somewhere, Namor is Speeds lover, MJ is Gwen Stacy's lover, and a Thor is used as a date partner for a forest-wild female animal totem, in light hearted disco settings. There is also a tiny insect world of super heroic costumed bugs living out Valentine's Day encounters, which is one I can believe, because who sees them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrost View Post
    I want Lucy to be canon O.O those two were adorable
    Lucy and Danielle were great together as playmates, and this was a scene we missed out on in the 616 when Fist and Misty broke up before any of this could take place.

All-New Member

I'm a massive Iron Fist fan, so this was always a must-buy for me. But I didn't expect it to be as good as it was, which was a very pleasant surprise.