Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What should happen in the future with Ghost Rider and related characters?

While Ghost Rider has had a bumpy past, it continues to be one of Marvel's oldest concepts - albeit with a bit of mantle passing. Ghost Rider has traditionally been a motorcycle riding, vengeance dealing character in the form of Johnny Blaze and Daniel Ketch. Briefly in the 90's there was a similar character Vengeance.

And more recently there has been a female version (Alejandra I believe? I missed those stories) and the most recent Ghost Rider, Robbie Reyes, who tends to prefer a car over a motorcycle.

After Secret Wars' Ghost Racers, which features pretty much all of the GR characters, where does the Ghost Rider franchise need to go to be successful and entertaining?

Options as I see them are:
    Back to basics with Johnny or Danny (or both)
    One of the newer GR's
    All of them (a book featuring all or most of the characters who have been GR)
    New GR - start from scratch and make a new character
    Or I suppose GR could get shelved and left in limbo (it has happened in the past)

I personally wouldn't mind options 1 or 3 - back to basics or all the characters appearing. I would like to see someone take the reigns who can handle solid myth-building and design an interestingly complex world (hopefully built on the already existing mythos, though only to an extent).

I personally like all the GR's and wouldn't mind any of them appearing (though I'm not familiar with the female version, I still need to read those).
    Last edited by TheSontaran; 08-26-2015 at 02:26 PM.