Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait, wasn't this the Kitty Pryde pose back in Claremont's X-men?

I haven't really read much of Bendis' run. Can someone give me an synopsis of what happen? What was good about it and what was bad about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    My sentiments around this is mixed. I don't know any Lemire work but I know he is good rated and, at least I could remember, every time x-men changes your title, great stories happens.
    I'm a huge fan of Lemire. His creator-owned work is always absolutely fantastic.

That said, he's a little more hit-or-miss with his work-for-hire. His Animal Man run was terrific, his Green Arrow was rock solid, and, so far, All-New Hawkeye has also been quite good (it just suffers due to having to follow Fraction/Aja's run). However, I thought his run on Justice League United was kind of crap and his run on Justice League Dark was really, really mediocre.

Cause for concern since, looking at that track record, it seems he's better on solo books than on team books. The one exception was Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE, which was a lot of fun and was basically a team book.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I'm hoping he writes her better than Bendis, because in his hands she was an insanely annoying character. For me, she's probably the weakest link in the title. It'll probably be her that either breaks or makes the title and whether I'll keep picking it up past #1.
    I don't ge comments like this. Do you like the x-men at all? I say this cause not counting get jeen, cause I prefer real jean, but the rest of the team is good. Why would she break the title for you we have iceman night crawler storm and colossus. That's X gold. To each their own but I'm psyched. Besides this is the flagship any Xian should get this above the rest. This and uncanny are the mains
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    I haven't really read much of Bendis' run. Can someone give me an synopsis of what happen? What was good about it and what was bad about it?
    05 were convinced by Beast to come forward in time and stop Cyclops from committing genocide. Naturally this leads to lots of learning about their future selves, how things turned out and so forth. After the initial story wave blows over, they join Cyke at his new Xavier school (but are still mostly isolated in "O5" arcs). After that the "main" story largely takes a backseat - The reason they were brought forward, the reasons they cant get sent back (which was discovered in an earlier arc and still isn't explained) all that stuff. After that its mostly continued facing the future, people learning lessons, gaining experience, growing, all that stuff. At one point Tyke also broke off for a solo.

On a deeper level, the series itself was one step down from a Jean solo. Half of the series was hers, half was the other 4 members and extras. Obviously a set up to bring a Jean back, without actually bringing Jean back, and a clean slate for them to start with on the character (not unlike Old Man Logan one can assume). Naturally opinions vary to person to person, but it appears to have gotten audiences to accept an "alternate" and she was undoubtedly the strongest part of the series.

The banter was usually well done, though often at the expense of a more intense story, or the pacing of the story. It had the tone of half light hearted quips, and half dramatics. Due to the slow pace of story movement, it could be a little annoying week to week, but read quite well as a whole. Altogether it creates a solid, entertaining product that most could enjoy, but also prevented itself from being something truly excellent.

In the end it boils down to bringing old classic characters back, and watching them grow within this unique setting. Its mostly all character, rather than actual crisis.

All-New Member

At first glance, I thought Jean Grey joined the Thundercats

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    05 were convinced by Beast to come forward in time and stop Cyclops from committing genocide. Naturally this leads to lots of learning about their future selves, how things turned out and so forth. After the initial story wave blows over, they join Cyke at his new Xavier school (but are still mostly isolated in "O5" arcs). After that the "main" story largely takes a backseat - The reason they were brought forward, the reasons they cant get sent back (which was discovered in an earlier arc and still isn't explained) all that stuff. After that its mostly continued facing the future, people learning lessons, gaining experience, growing, all that stuff. At one point Tyke also broke off for a solo.

On a deeper level, the series itself was one step down from a Jean solo. Half of the series was hers, half was the other 4 members and extras. Obviously a set up to bring a Jean back, without actually bringing Jean back, and a clean slate for them to start with on the character (not unlike Old Man Logan one can assume). Naturally opinions vary to person to person, but it appears to have gotten audiences to accept an "alternate" and she was undoubtedly the strongest part of the series.

The banter was usually well done, though often at the expense of a more intense story, or the pacing of the story. It had the tone of half light hearted quips, and half dramatics. Due to the slow pace of story movement, it could be a little annoying week to week, but read quite well as a whole. Altogether it creates a solid, entertaining product that most could enjoy, but also prevented itself from being something truly excellent.

In the end it boils down to bringing old classic characters back, and watching them grow within this unique setting. Its mostly all character, rather than actual crisis.
    I read some of the O5 stuff and it seemed fine. Did they ever explain how the the O5 being there hasn't messed up the timeline? That was the one thing I was hoping they would touch on. Are they from an alternate timeline? I heard all the stuff about Ice-Man and Kitty Pride hooking up with Star-Lord. It sounds like there wasn't any significant story progression for them, which is unfortunate.

How many times have we heard this refrain regarding various mutants?

"She's sort of, in many ways, developing into the embodiment of Xavier's dream. I think she'll be the heart of this X-Men team."

I'm so confused does she have kyphosis, lordosis or scoliosis?

Did they ever explain how the the O5 being there hasn't messed up the timeline? That was the one thing I was hoping they would touch on.
    I have a feeling we'll never get a definite answer or will we ever get any any deeper development into how this effects the space time continuum. Esp since Marvel is destroying everything. Though when young Scott died for a brief second his older self ceased to exist.

Also her fingers are hyperextended it doesn't look like she's pressing against a wall. It looks like she's making imaginary wings? Or is it some sort of chorea. I suppose given Ramos history at least her jaw is attached.

BANNED

Liking the cover a lot, but every time I feel like I get used to the new costume, it changes. hmmm

Not sure I like the green part of the gloves.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

While I'm looking forward to the book, I have no idea what to expect from Lemire, as I haven't read any of his stuff. The reviews tend to vary, with the team books being less well thought of. I guess I'll just see how I like it come October.

As for Ramos, I like his work overall. He just needs to reign himself in a little bit and not go too nuts with his layouts and so forth.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I read some of the O5 stuff and it seemed fine. Did they ever explain how the the O5 being there hasn't messed up the timeline? That was the one thing I was hoping they would touch on. Are they from an alternate timeline? I heard all the stuff about Ice-Man and Kitty Pride hooking up with Star-Lord. It sounds like there wasn't any significant story progression for them, which is unfortunate.
    The power of Bendis: where continuity bends to his will.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Nice enough homage cover. I just wish she had another costume. I don't know what it is about this one but something about it makes me not like it.