Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I sell books I've upgraded in lots, never individually.
    You just have to expect to take a loss, but something is better than nothing.
    I pass a few post offices, so not hard to swing by. I pack them up while watching a show, so I'm not wasting time there.
    I'd rather get something back than just sit on duplicate material that's taking up space. Space I could fill with something else, something different.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I've tried to sell lots of tpbs to no avail. Instead, if a friend has expressed interest in comics, I'll give the books to them. I recently sent a buddy the entire Y tpb set. I should follow up to see if he's actually read them...

Mighty Member

I've had pretty good luck selling off things like sets of vertigo trades when the deluxes are released. Most off the time I will make enough cover the cost of the deluxes (for example i sold my scalped trades for ~ 60 and the deluxes will end up costing me ~ 75). I'll be doing the same with sweetooth here soon. trying to sell a bunch of random trades usually isn't worth it though.
    Last edited by awayne83; 08-27-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Incredible Member

I basically just sell them to used bookstores since I don't have patience for somebody to buy them off Ebay which could take forever, the same with floppies but if it's something real sentimental then I keep both floppies issues and Tpb's or Hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I've tried to sell lots of tpbs to no avail. Instead, if a friend has expressed interest in comics, I'll give the books to them. I recently sent a buddy the entire Y tpb set. I should follow up to see if he's actually read them...
    Wow...if not, get them back. I'll buy them. (if you're in the US) lol

Fantastic Member

I dump unwanted trades and trades or single issues I'm upgrading before pulling triggers on higher end items or upgrades. I've gotten out of single issue trade auctions and just put together lots.

I sell single issues on eBay or Atomic Avenue. Collected editions, if they don't sell and I'm ready to clear them out, go to the library. There aren't any used book stores around here any more, unfortunately.

I would only keep single issues that I am super-sentimental about, like the first comics I got as a kid, something like that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

When I upgrade, I usually sell my old stuff and do alright. Something is better than nothing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

I finally decided to go full OHC and Omnibus only. And just sold most of my trades and hardcovers, around 80 of them.
    What I get in return will go right back to the upgrades.