Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Well, if you wouldn't have them as terrorists who attack and kill regular humans then I wouldn't have such a problem with the idea. But I still think that they should be kept in the grey area, and be more of an antagonistic force instead of true villains. After all that's one of the good things about X-Men, even some of their greatest villains are sympathetic and aren't evil for the sake of being evil. Like Magneto, who always thought that him getting rid of humans was best for the mutants.

So if the students would form a new Brotherhood that tries to save mutants from the X-Men I could read that. They would actually have a pretty good point for being mistrustful of X-Men who haven't done the greatest job when it comes to protecting their youth. As long as you don't have all of the kids going out to hunt X-Men in order to kill them I'd be fine with it. I could never see them becoming cold blooded killers even if there was another event like the bus explosion. It just would be too big of a departure from their past characterization to have them become a bunch of psychos.
    Actually, one of them killing, say a Purifier, to save another mutant, or a teammate, would be interesting for the team dynamics. I remember wanting to see Marvel deal with the emotional, and social, stress Hellion's damn near killing of Omega Sentinel would caused him, and those close to him....but then we got Age of X. AoX was cool, but was still just a distraction from actually dealing with the issues these characters were actually going thru.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    You could fill a roster of 7 fairley easily if you think about it.

Hellion-for obvious reasons.
    Pixie/Nightmare-imagine of the reforming of the world/terrigan mists brough about Pixie's alter ego Nightmare from Age of X? That would be fun.
    Hope Summers-she's a solider wanting too fight.
    Surge-obvious reasons
    Mercury- Cessily's always had some anger in her
    Rockslide- Someone has to prevent the team from going off the deep end. Santo is here to save their sanity
    Anole-Victor's has a bit of an inner mean streak too

The best/easiest way of doing it would be to have them be a homage to the Brotherhood in X-men Evo cartoon. Antagonistc as times yes, but not evil. They're more out to survive the the chaos, and if they help some mutants/people along the way so be it.
    I didn't think of Hope Summers, but you bringing her up does make a lot of sense. Seeing Pixie able to switch between Nightmare for offense, and a more twisted personality, and her default form, similar to Illyana, would be pretty cool.

If Hellion joined/formed this group, I feel that Mercury and Rockslide would have to join him; they're like his sister and brother. It's a shame writers have forgotten about his bro-sis relationship with Cessily.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    You could fill a roster of 7 fairley easily if you think about it.

Hellion-for obvious reasons.
    Pixie/Nightmare-imagine of the reforming of the world/terrigan mists brough about Pixie's alter ego Nightmare from Age of X? That would be fun.
    Hope Summers-she's a solider wanting too fight.
    Surge-obvious reasons
    Mercury- Cessily's always had some anger in her
    Rockslide- Someone has to prevent the team from going off the deep end. Santo is here to save their sanity
    Anole-Victor's has a bit of an inner mean streak too

The best/easiest way of doing it would be to have them be a homage to the Brotherhood in X-men Evo cartoon. Antagonistc as times yes, but not evil. They're more out to survive the the chaos, and if they help some mutants/people along the way so be it.
    Now that's an idea I could certainly see as a plausible way to go about making the x-teens the New Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic]
    I didn't think of Hope Summers, but you bringing her up does make a lot of sense. Seeing Pixie able to switch between Nightmare for offense, and a more twisted personality, and her default form, similar to Illyana, would be pretty cool.

If Hellion joined/formed this group, I feel that Mercury and Rockslide would have to join him; they're like his sister and brother. It's a shame writers have forgotten about his bro-sis relationship with Cessily.
    Indeed. Their sibling bond was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Now that's an idea I could certainly see as a plausible way to go about making the x-teens the New Brotherhood.
    Like I said it would be the easiest way to do things. Have them occupy one of Julian's parent's old vacation homes. Have Anole try to set up his own company to fund them, Pixie being kinda of a mix of personaloites but still fun.

Rockslide being the one of them pushing to do more heoric things, maybe Surge campaigning the surivial part, Hope the fighting back, and then Julian there to control the chaos.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

honestly, I can see something like a new "bus incident" causing SOME of the more "hot-headed" kids (Hellion, Surge, etc) to rebel in some way, and end up accidentally crossing a line that makes the X-men go after them with the intent to "stop them" rather then "save them".

the other kids, who are less likely to rebel on their own based on the incident (Armor, Anole, etc), would end up turning after the X-men take action against their friends.

I'm all for HWSA's idea of a new brotherhood to contrast the ANXM.

From all the crap that happened, there should be a splintering of the group, especially when it comes to teens. And them going the X:Evo route would be a great homage and the easiest way to do so.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Very cool idea for a new title. I'd be interested in checking an All-New BoM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Hope and the Lights.
    Plenty of people would love to see them get their asses kicked by the X-Men 2-3 times a year.
    And throw in the Hellfire kids for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Bazinga's C-Men View Post
    Hope and the Lights.
    Plenty of people would love to see them get their asses kicked by the X-Men 2-3 times a year.
    And throw in the Hellfire kids for good measure.
    Geez, why so much hate for hope and the lights?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Probably her personality or how they all became so irrelevant after the event they were supposed to be apart of kicked them out. But that's editorial.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    As AJPyro put it:
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Probably her personality or how they all became so irrelevant after the event they were supposed to be apart of kicked them out. But that's editorial.
    It's kind of hard to care about or like characters that are so one dimensional. I don't personally hate them (well, maybe just Hope)and actually like some of them (Zero and Primal) but I can see why few people would care if they turned into villains all of a sudden. They were completely abandoned by everyone from other characters to editorial once AvX was over and done with. The event that they were supposed to be a big part of (before Avengers stormed in and stole that X-Men story due to Marvel wanting to promote them because the movie was coming out at the time) never came about so all the build up was for nothing.

It's clear that they were supposed to serve bigger part in the original story before it was replaced with that awful, messy crap known as AvX. And since the whole purpose for the Lights was gone they were just kind of left to hang around with no real purpose for their existence. And outside of Oya they haven't even done anything since then.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Actually, one of them killing, say a Purifier, to save another mutant, or a teammate, would be interesting for the team dynamics. I remember wanting to see Marvel deal with the emotional, and social, stress Hellion's damn near killing of Omega Sentinel would caused him, and those close to him....but then we got Age of X. AoX was cool, but was still just a distraction from actually dealing with the issues these characters were actually going thru.

That could be interesting for a story.

It really is a shame.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 08-27-2015 at 02:31 AM.