Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

Ha!

'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Watch the language, please
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I guess we know where a lot of those recently released players like Joe Cole, Scott Parker and Rio Ferdinand will end up next season.
    Yup, coining big wages at QPR and lying on the treatment bench

Sigh....

Anyhow, the Champion's League final. Ronaldo. Great player, but didn't perform but did show himself up again, while Atheltico made a massive, and failed gamble to play Costa (horse placenta treatment obviously didn't work) but showed what a well organised, if somewhat dirty, side can do against a flair side, if somewhat prone to diving around at the slightest touch, in a big game. If only they'd defended better in the last few minutes of normal time.

BANNED

A somewhat disappointing CL final, but with it finally out of the way, we're ready for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Let's begin hyping it properly. First, every single goal from the last World Cup.
    I loved this one. I had forgotten about the sound of bees four years ago!

The season isn't quite over yet. Yesterday Rotherham won promotion to the English Championship in what was a far better game than Saturday's playoff. Today Burton take on Fleetwood Town in the League Two playoff final.

What was enormous was Hamilton beating Hibs on penalties in the SPL playoff which means Hibs are relegated with Hearts and fall into the Scottish Championship with Rangers, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and a lot of very good sides who are bloody hard to beat. Three of the best supported sides in Scotland are going to be in the second tier next year. It's going to be a brutal, brutal league next season.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    The season isn't quite over yet. Yesterday Rotherham won promotion to the English Championship in what was a far better game than Saturday's playoff. Today Burton take on Fleetwood Town in the League Two playoff final.

What was enormous was Hamilton beating Hibs on penalties in the SPL playoff which means Hibs are relegated with Hearts and fall into the Scottish Championship with Rangers, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and a lot of very good sides who are bloody hard to beat. Three of the best supported sides in Scotland are going to be in the second tier next year. It's going to be a brutal, brutal league next season.
    With at least 16 games live on BBC Alba according to rumours.

My addition to the World Cup links is The Guardian's series on 25 stunning World Cup moments. Bergkamp's classic linked above is on the list, as is Ally's Army in 1978, which brought us Archie Gemmell's wonderstrike against Holland.

Pochettino is the new Spurs manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27579306

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Sigh....

Anyhow, the Champion's League final. Ronaldo. Great player, but didn't perform but did show himself up again, while Atheltico made a massive, and failed gamble to play Costa (horse placenta treatment obviously didn't work) but showed what a well organised, if somewhat dirty, side can do against a flair side, if somewhat prone to diving around at the slightest touch, in a big game. If only they'd defended better in the last few minutes of normal time.
    They were tired and burning a sub on costa really hurt them. costa should have been an impact sub at most. Meanwhile Marcelo came on and totally changed the game Real was basically in All out assault mode from then on out.

Bale probably should have ended this early though he missed quite a few chances. And yes Ronaldo's celebration was over the top

Fantastic Member

Feel sorry for Southampton fans that after everything they've built and looking to the future suddenly everyone's leaving.

Fantastic Member

I've decided to actually enjoy England's participation after becoming annoyed at everyone's doom and gloom predictions. Even if we lose all three matches, hell, we're at the World Cup let's have a party.

By this I mean everyone at work and down the pub, they seem determined to be miserable and not enjoy England's part of it before it even happens.
    Last edited by mcgaffer; 05-27-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Feel sorry for Southampton fans that after everything they've built and looking to the future suddenly everyone's leaving.
    It's tough, but if they appoint well this summer they could still have a decent season. I'm no fan of Spurs but I'd really like to see Pochettino do well.

BANNED

Alright watched France play Norway & US play Azerbaijan.

France looked pretty good besides the part where they feel asleep for about half the first half. Gotta fix that.

As for the US, well I dont think we ever going to have that much attacking time. Seriously, will be defending a whole lot.