Page 1 of 135 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Default 13/14 Football

Welp, just like with every transfer window, the old is ushered out, and the new is brought in.

There's plenty in the world of football (slash soccer, slash calcio, slash whatevs) for us to talk about.

Yesterday, Real Madrid put on an emphatic display against Bayern Munich to put them into the Champions League final for the first time in 12 years, while today, Atlético Madrid put three into Mark Schwarzer's net to ensure that they'll have a place along side their crosstown rivals.

Since we still have the Europa League, the Champions League, the World Cup; several mercati and everything else in-between to discuss, we might as well do it here.

Let's get the ball rolling (literally) here with this thread.

Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

BANNED

Ugh what a choke job. I think we switched too more offense way too quickly. I also have to wonder if Hazard and Terry where fit enough. Matic being cup tied has been a real pain in the a**. Also goddamn how pathetic does one have to be to get carded for time wasting on a PK. Dont want Costa a bully, a traitor and a douche, not that I am big on loyalty but switching to Spain when ur only connection is working there for a few years rubs me wrong.

Well done to Atletico, they were the better side on the night. I don't think Chelsea need many more players to move on from here, Matic already looks the key to our midfield, and we have enough fast transition players, Courtois will be a great keeper, and most of the players are the right age, it's upfront where we need new blood.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

With the new Nike advert out, I'm finally starting to get excited by the World Cup. Here's an interesting article about humidity and weather conditions in Brazil, it makes interesting reading for Argentina, Germany, and Italy fans especially.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27187741
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Forget all that and lets get to the real business

Van Gaal? Klopp? Giardiola maybe?

Come on people this is a football forum so lets all talk about the Greatest Club in The World!

BANNED

lol greatest by what metric? Based purely on Stats I think Real Madrid is the greatest.

I'd be interested to know what people's team of the season in the BPL so far has been. Mine:

Manonne
    Coleman - Koscielny - Cahill - Baines
    Hazard - Yaya Toure - Ramsey - Gerrard
    Suarez - Sturridge

Manager of the Season has to go to Tony Pulis.

With a couple of games left to play it's that as it stands. I'm torn on adding Lallana to the team or not, but this is what it looks like at the moment. On a side not, just think where Arsenal (the team that I support) would be if Ramsey & Ozil had remained fully fit. Probably still fourth, but y'know... I can always dream.

BANNED

I wonder what the odds were that Bayern and Chelsea would both be soundly beaten on their own pitch...

Simeone taking the piss out of Mourinho and running down the side of the pitch may just be the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 05-01-2014 at 04:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post

Come on people this is a football forum so lets all talk about the Greatest Club in The World!
    Nah, I think you should entrust it to Giggs. Welsh Guardiola, after all.

(in all seriousness I think Van Gaal will get it)

I woke up hoping the thread would be here, thanks Beetle!

Glad I missed watching the match and I agree with Clarkie, we really just need to replace the forwards the rest of the team is sound.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Glad I missed watching the match and I agree with Clarkie, we really just need to replace the forwards the rest of the team is sound.
    Do you reckon Lukaku could do the job for you next season or do you think Mourinho will be trying to bring in Costa?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Do you reckon Lukaku could do the job for you next season or do you think Mourinho will be trying to bring in Costa?
    I think he will try to bring in Costa. I like Lukaku, and he is built like Drogba, but I think he is done with Chelsea (ala Sturridge), the team will flog him to Everton for as much as they can get.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post

Nah, Van Gaal WAS a contender for managing the greatest team, but he's elected to chase the Man Utd job instead.

Frank De Boer is now favourite for the greatest club.

Fantastic Member

Well the trend this season does seem to be for new starts at the end of the season.

I'm interested to see what Mourinho does about Courtois in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Well the trend this season does seem to be for new starts at the end of the season.

I'm interested to see what Mourinho does about Courtois in the summer.
    Depends what Cech's fitness is like. Mourinho is not one to accept he made a mistake, hence the fact that Lukaku will be leaving Chelsea in the Summer despite having been better than any of the other Chelsea strikers.

Courtois may suffer the same fate. And I don't think he'd care.