Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2014

Thread: 13/14 Football

Extraordinary Member

Entered mine, Dusty D.

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

I just joined.

This is my second time doing this, so no virgin jokes here.

Though this is my first time joining a private league. Hope it all goes well.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

How do I find the league to sign up in?

edit

Never mind I figured it out, thank you beetlebum for mentioning it is a private league
    Last edited by Mari; 07-24-2014 at 03:44 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It would seem like Mangala to City is all but a done deal. A video was released, apparently hacked, but has since been removed. His message to the fans,
    "I am here to help the team win titles, the league, the cup and the Champions League," he says. "I am ambitious and this is why I am here."

Really don't know what to make of the deal. If the £30mil + fee is accurate then he is definitely a risk. That said, Vinny really needs a top quality partner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    And the tradition of Barca and Madrid waving their dicks at each other over summer continues. Last season it was Neymar and Bale, this season Suarez and Rodriguez. Who will it be next year... (I'm presuming Barca will find some way to weasel out of the fact they're supposed to be banned from transfers)
    The only thing more impressive is them wiggling out of signing defenders.

Fantastic Member

Gaff's dream team is in. With a million to spare.

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    The only thing more impressive is them wiggling out of signing defenders.

But in all seriousness, it is an odd thing how they go all out on attackers but do the bare minimum when it comes to defenders.

(Though I should really be quiet tho as Milan does the exact same thing. See our recent purchases in the past few transfer windows for detail.)
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post

But in all seriousness, it is an odd thing how they go all out on attackers but do the bare minimum when it comes to defenders.

(Though I should really be quiet tho as Milan does the exact same thing. See our recent purchases in the past few transfer windows for detail.)
    Yes They spent 20 million + taxes on a 30 year old defender....LOL

Anyway A Legend Returns, Drogba back to Chelsea. May Arsenal Cry Out In Fear.

It may only be pre-season I'm willing to put money down that Big Sam is gone before the winter holidays. West Ham looks dreadful.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    It may only be pre-season I'm willing to put money down that Big Sam is gone before the winter holidays. West Ham looks dreadful.
    Another hefty injury to Carroll/Sicknote will probably not help his cause.

BANNED

Anyway, in recent transfer news, Liverpool's bid for Remy falls through, but they continue their bid to rename their club Scousehampton by signing Dejan Lovren for about £20m.

Speaking of, the Summer Sales continue down in Southampton (Everyone must go!) with Arsenal signing Callum Chambers for about £16m (I think 11 with add-ons), a day or so after signing David Ospina from Nice for about £3m. Rodriguez and Schneiderlin have also been rumoured to leave.

It's really sad seeing a club getting torn apart like that. I'd hate to be a Southampton fan who renewed his season ticket right when the board were trying to assure everyone they'd hold onto their best players.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 07-28-2014 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

Scousehampton? really?

so witty

Some excellent additions to the Arsenal transfer window in the past week. Chambers and Ospina? Excellent. Will be interesting to watch Chambers play next season for sure. However, yeah, I'd hate to be a Southampton fan. To have one good season in the BPL and then Chambers, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Schneiderlin (rumoured), Rodriguez (rumoured) leave? Still, their replacements should be interesting to see to say the least. It's going to be a completely different team next season for sure.

Also, here's a question for fellow Arsenal fans. Would you be happy if the Window ended now, or Wenger didn't bring in a DM/extra Striker? Plus, who'd be your ideal choice for a ST to compete with Giroud?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Also, here's a question for fellow Arsenal fans. Would you be happy if the Window ended now, or Wenger didn't bring in a DM/extra Striker? Plus, who'd be your ideal choice for a ST to compete with Giroud?
    Reportedly we're only in for a DM and then another CB if Verm leaves. I'm fine with that, but I'd like to know we were keeping our eyes open if any good strikers became available in the last month. I do think we need that DM though- Arteta's been huge for us and the Ramsey-Arteta partnership was mostly solid and then hit once Ramsey was out injured, but Mikel's not as quick as he used to be, whilst Flamini's a squad player.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Scousehampton? really?

so witty

I'm not judging, we've been raiding their academy for years.