Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Depends what Cech's fitness is like. Mourinho is not one to accept he made a mistake, hence the fact that Lukaku will be leaving Chelsea in the Summer despite having been better than any of the other Chelsea strikers.

Courtois may suffer the same fate. And I don't think he'd care.
    Courtois was out on loan well before Mourinho even came back, and that sort of decision isn't his to make alone. At the moment the rumour is Courtois will be back next season.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Nah, I think you should entrust it to Giggs. Welsh Guardiola, after all.

(in all seriousness I think Van Gaal will get it)
    there are already rumours of a possible clash between Rooney-Giggs and Van Gaal over captaincy, coaching, methods etc.

I still think there's a further twist to come in the Premier League title race, Palace-Liverpool and Man City - Everton are sticky games.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    there are already rumours of a possible clash between Rooney-Giggs and Van Gaal over captaincy, coaching, methods etc.
    Captain's armband will be a big decision next season. And Van Gaal coming in would certainly see it go to RVP after a year of Moyes pretty clearly showing favouritism to Rooney.

I still think there's a further twist to come in the Premier League title race, Palace-Liverpool and Man City - Everton are sticky games.
    I'm almost convinced Everton will play like shite on purpose if they think it'll prevent Liverpool from getting their hands on the trophy.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

This thread just put a huge stupid grin on my face. Didn't expect to see a football thread on CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    I'd be interested to know what people's team of the season in the BPL so far has been. Mine:

Manonne
    Coleman - Koscielny - Cahill - Baines
    Hazard - Yaya Toure - Ramsey - Gerrard
    Suarez - Sturridge

Manager of the Season has to go to Tony Pulis.

With a couple of games left to play it's that as it stands. I'm torn on adding Lallana to the team or not, but this is what it looks like at the moment. On a side not, just think where Arsenal (the team that I support) would be if Ramsey & Ozil had remained fully fit. Probably still fourth, but y'know... I can always dream.
    That looks like a solid list. Think I might be put Silva in ahead of Gerrard though but I might be a tad biased. Shame for your lot that Ramsey got injured when he did because he has had an immense season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    This thread just put a huge stupid grin on my face. Didn't expect to see a football thread on CBR.

That looks like a solid list. Think I might be put Silva in ahead of Gerrard though but I might be a tad biased. Shame for your lot that Ramsey got injured when he did because he has had an immense season.
    It's been around for a good while. And I'd be tempted to put Silva in too.

And I'd be tempted to put Silva in too.
    Me too, he makes Man City tick. Ramsey has been out for too long to make my team of the season. I pretty much agree with the PFA.

Fantastic Member

There have been a few stand out managers this season, Brendan Rodgers for how far he's taken Liverpool this season, Tony Pulis for the 'Great Escape' at Palace and who made it look easy in the process and Steve Bruce who's also had a remarkable season at Hull keeping them up (yes I know mathematically they can still go down) and making it to the FA Cup final. And honorable mentions as well to Roberto Martinez for his work at Everton, Uwe Rosler for what he did at both Brentford and Wigan so far this season and Russ Wilcox who went his first 28 games at Scunthorpe unbeaten.

It's been around for a good while. And I'd be tempted to put Silva in too.
    Never really checked out the community section so I guess thats how I missed it. Yeah, Silva is a massive player for my beloved Blues. I find it almost impossible to separate him and Yaya as our most influential.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    There have been a few stand out managers this season, Brendan Rodgers for how far he's taken Liverpool this season, Tony Pulis for the 'Great Escape' at Palace and who made it look easy in the process and Steve Bruce who's also had a remarkable season at Hull keeping them up (yes I know mathematically they can still go down) and making it to the FA Cup final. And honorable mentions as well to Roberto Martinez for his work at Everton, Uwe Rosler for what he did at both Brentford and Wigan so far this season and Russ Wilcox who went his first 28 games at Scunthorpe unbeaten.
    As much as it pains me, I think I would have to back Pulis as Manager of the Year, he has basically performed miracles. I hope Rosler gets Wigan up.

BANNED

Me too, he makes Man City tick. Ramsey has been out for too long to make my team of the season. I pretty much agree with the PFA.
    Silva's played only three or so more games in the Premier League this season than Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    The impressive thing about Pulis at Palace to me is that he hasn't kept them up playing like Stoke, they've actually played some decent football.

Never really checked out the community section so I guess thats how I missed it. Yeah, Silva is a massive player for my beloved Blues. I find it almost impossible to separate him and Yaya as our most influential.
    I think you're actually the first City fan we have here.

So, signings of the season?

After a slow starts and think Fernandinho has been great for City. I don't think its a coincidence that Yaya has had his best season whilst playing alongside him.

Wilfried Bony at Swansea has also impressed me. I think he is at 16 league goals now this season which aint bad, especially for a club who have struggled a little plus I think he has had an injury.

I think you're actually the first City fan we have here.
    Oh, I feel all special now.

Silva's played only three or so more games in the Premier League this season than Ramsey.
    Really, well I shan't include him either then.

BANNED

Bony is such a weird player to me. Every time I see him play, he looks awful on the ball, but he still keeps scoring.

Not sure about best all season but best Jan transfer is definitely Matic, though. Guy's a beast.

Bony is such a weird player to me. Every time I see him play, he looks awful on the ball, but he still keeps scoring.

Not sure about best all season but best Jan transfer is definitely Matic, though. Guy's a beast.
    I agree on both counts, slightly tempered by the fact Chelsea were re-signing Matic, though Hindsight etc.

Fantastic Member

Best signing in terms of how much they cost, Flamini at Arsenal. Can't beat a free transfer who can slot straight into the first team. Best loan move would have to be Lukaku at Everton. But overall the best bit of business done this season was Liverpool's board ignoring the fact that Suarez DID have a release clause in his contract and Arsenal's forty million and one pound offer actually DID trigger it and basically ignoring it.

So, signings of the season?

After a slow starts and think Fernandinho has been great for City. I don't think its a coincidence that Yaya has had his best season whilst playing alongside him.

Wilfried Bony at Swansea has also impressed me. I think he is at 16 league goals now this season which aint bad, especially for a club who have struggled a little plus I think he has had an injury.
    I'm biased, but despite how bad a season Spurs have had (which is weird to say, considering they can still equal their record points haul), Christian Eriksen has been IMMENSE. And he's still getting better all the time.