Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

Fantastic Member

Good a time as any for old and new faces to reiterate which team they support, I'm a Bolton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    There have been a few stand out managers this season, Brendan Rodgers for how far he's taken Liverpool this season, Tony Pulis for the 'Great Escape' at Palace and who made it look easy in the process and Steve Bruce who's also had a remarkable season at Hull keeping them up (yes I know mathematically they can still go down) and making it to the FA Cup final. And honorable mentions as well to Roberto Martinez for his work at Everton, Uwe Rosler for what he did at both Brentford and Wigan so far this season and Russ Wilcox who went his first 28 games at Scunthorpe unbeaten.
    Steven Pressley as well for handling the shite situation at Coventry while class and getting a team made up of kids and journeymen to play good football, while missing out on the play offs because of their points deduction. In Scotland Jackie McNamara and Derek McInnes by a country mile.

Good a time as any for old and new faces to reiterate which team they support, I'm a Bolton fan.
    The club with the fourth highest amount of debt in the world if something I overheard on Radio 4 is right.

Myself, it's the Mighty Partick Thistle.

Chelsea

KTBFFH
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

I don't think I've been particularly subtle about my Tottenham love.

Fantastic Member

And when you consider we're not spending any money on players it makes you wonder where it's going. Last I heard we were 160 million in debt and 150 million of it was owed to our owner Eddie Davies. At the start of last season we were 90 million in debt and owed 80 million of it to Eddie. I personally haven't noticed an investment of seventy million plus in Bolton and I haven't seen any evidence of such a drastic fiscal leak at Bolton that would cause this, so I would love to know where these figures are coming from and if they're accurate, why.

The 160 million was the figure mentioned on Radio 4 and indeed, only a few months ago this was announced which made Phil Garside not worried by it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25711189

That's an extraordinary amount of debt and it makes you wonder what QPR's books look like?

I'm a Chelsea fan.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    The 160 million was the figure mentioned on Radio 4 and indeed, only a few months ago this was announced which made Phil Garside not worried by it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25711189

That's an extraordinary amount of debt and it makes you wonder what QPR's books look like?
    Makes u wonder what they are spending that money on. Certainly not winning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Makes u wonder what they are spending that money on. Certainly not winning.
    Player wages and the lining of 'Arry's pockets, off the top of my head.

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

I support one team per league.

AC Milan is my main team.

Followed by:

Borussia Dortmund

FC Porto

Arsenal
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Pharah x Mercy

Also, even if I am a Milan fan, I tend to watch and pay a lot of attention to Serie A. Speaking of which, I am gutted Juventus is out of the Europa League. I was counting on them to win for the sake of rebuilding the Italian coefficient, but they're out, and Benfica is in.

There's always next year I suppose.

BANNED

Know if there's any truth to rumours about Balotelli leaving Milan in the summer?

Pharah x Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Know if there's any truth to rumours about Balotelli leaving Milan in the summer?
    It depends, really. I think there is some truth to those rumors, but I think a lot of the hearsay is generated in order to gain hits for sites.

If we can't get into the Champions League within the next two years, then I think he will be gone.

But for now, I think he's staying put, especially considering that Milan has quite a significant sum of money from the current Champions League campaign due to the way the money from television revenue is distributed in Italy. Since we were the last Italian team standing, we'll make more money than the other Italian teams (and maybe the other teams in the competition) so therefore, Balotelli won't have to be sold to "balance the books".

If anyone is going this summer, it'll most likely be Ignazio Abate, our right back who also happens to be an international.

But Balo's been a Milanista since he was a kid, and this is his dream club, and the club has been remarkably patient with him (even if the media has been really hard on him at times). So I don't see him leaving anytime soon. Or at least I'm hoping.