Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

Man, Benfica are just so strong in the europa league. Did you see that post I made about Heat conditions in the World Cup Beetles? Gives me a glimmer of Hope that England might get out of that group, just a glimmer mind you.

Here's the Nike advert that got me excited, I'll admit my two favourite things are two David Luiz's and modern London street kid's accents in a World Cup advert -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XviR7esUvo
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Here's the Nike advert that got me excited, I'll admit my two favourite things are two David Luiz's and modern London street kid's accents in a World Cup advert -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XviR7esUvo
    "Zlatan thinks that Zlatan should take it." It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Man, Benfica are just so strong in the europa league. Did you see that post I made about Heat conditions in the World Cup Beetles? Gives me a glimmer of Hope that England might get out of that group, just a glimmer mind you.
    The extent of my expectations for England will be met if Roy manages to go three games without starting Gerrard and Lampard together.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    "Zlatan thinks that Zlatan should take it." It's great.

The extent of my expectations for England will be met if Roy manages to go three games without starting Gerrard and Lampard together.
    Hahahahha! As far as the advert goes, I think the excitement goes back to this, Denilson is ridiculous, wasted potential at Betis though, also Sergio Mendes music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=munMGzeqCQE
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Anyone want to play the Sky Sports "select your own England squad "game? It's a bit out of date (I think Townsend's been ruled out) but gives you all the ability to be an armchair critic from the comfort of your own computer.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 05-01-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has questioned midfielder Eden Hazard's commitment during matches.
    Mourinho suggested that the Belgian should have tracked Juanfran in the build-up to Adrian Lopez's equaliser in the 3-1 defeat by Atletico Madrid.
    Hazard, 23, has claimed that the Blues are only set up to counter-attack.
    "When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team," said Mourinho.
    "He's not mentally ready to look to his left-back and leave his life for him.
    "Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had with the first goal.
    "If you see Atletico's first goal, you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal."

So is that Hazard following Mata out the door?

Fantastic Member

Newcastle fans are planning a walkout during Saturday's game against Cardiff in protest over the club's management.
    It is set to take place in the 69th minute and comes after the worst losing run since 1986-87 that has seen them slip from European contention to a possible finish outside the top 10.

Interesting to see if the whole stadium empties.

Fantastic Member

Ok picked my squad from the options available -

Hart, Foster, Green - Not a fan of taking three goalkeepers. I would always take a risk and take just two.

Baines, Cahill, Dawson, Davies, Flanagan, Jagielka, Jones, Shaw, Stones

Barkley, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Oxlade-chamberlain, Wilshere, Sterling

Rooney, Sturridge, Lambert, Crouch - I'm still a big fan of Crouch playing for England.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has questioned midfielder Eden Hazard's commitment during matches.
    Mourinho suggested that the Belgian should have tracked Juanfran in the build-up to Adrian Lopez's equaliser in the 3-1 defeat by Atletico Madrid.
    "When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team," said Mourinho.
    "Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had with the first goal.
    "If you see Atletico's first goal, you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal."

This is why I think Mourinho is a classic English gaffer. He will use whatever tactics to win, he likes players that give of themselves on both sides of the ball, and he wants players that can play beyond their comfort zone. He is almost anti-European.

Man U's chant "we are Man U and we play like we want"? Jose's mantra all day long.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm sure there will be plenty of takers! Nah, I know Jose can alienate players but I can't see Hazard leaving.

BANNED

Newcastle fans are planning a walkout during Saturday's game against Cardiff in protest over the club's management.
    It is set to take place in the 69th minute and comes after the worst losing run since 1986-87 that has seen them slip from European contention to a possible finish outside the top 10.

Interesting to see if the whole stadium empties.
    I came here to post that, actually. Has Alan not re-registered yet? Was curious what he'd have to say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty of takers! Nah, I know Jose can alienate players but I can't see Hazard leaving.
    Sold the club's best player for two seasons in a row and now trying to piss off his current best player. Jose Mourinho everyone.

Fantastic Member

I've not seen Alan yet.

I almost get the feeling that Mourinho isn't enjoying it at Chelsea and kind of wishes he could get out. Seems determined to be as problematic as possible.

BANNED

Ok picked my squad from the options available -

Hart, Foster, Green - Not a fan of taking three goalkeepers. I would always take a risk and take just two.

Baines, Cahill, Dawson, Davies, Flanagan, Jagielka, Jones, Shaw, Stones

Barkley, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Oxlade-chamberlain, Wilshere, Sterling

Rooney, Sturridge, Lambert, Crouch - I'm still a big fan of Crouch playing for England.
    That's a lot of defenders. Something I noticed from the selection though is that England are spoiled for choice regarding left-backs with Cole, Baines, Shaw & Gibbs, but right-back options look god-awful.

Presuming your starting XI would be something like Hart-Baines-Cahill-Jagielka-Jones/Flanagan-Gerrard-Henderson-Ox-Sterling-Rooney/Sturridge-Crouch?

BANNED

I've not seen Alan yet.

I almost get the feeling that Mourinho isn't enjoying it at Chelsea and kind of wishes he could get out. Seems determined to be as problematic as possible.
    I've had that impression for a while, that he's just sort of stirring up all kinds of **** just to get some enjoyment out of the job.

Fantastic Member

Well I was thinking that there was one or two that could move into midfield roles if needed. Truth tell my team would probably be one or two players different if I wasn't limited to Sky's choices. But my first team from my picked squad would be

Hart
    Stones Cahill Jagielka Baines
    Sterling Gerrard Barkley Lallana
    Rooney Sturridge

I was having a good goalkeeper debate with mates in the pub about do you play your best goalkeeper or the one in the best current form?