Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Football

BANNED

Fulham and Cardiff relegated.

Looks like I picked a good day to start paying attention to the football again.

Champiooooooons!
    Bring forth the pies!

Result of the day yesterday was Hamilton's 10-2 battering of Morton as they tried to gain promotion but Dundee did enough to get first place. Hamilton now go into the playoff against one of five possible teams.

Also, Bristol Rovers dropped out of the English Football League for the first time in their history. This is quite devastating for the area where I live, not to mention the club which has been clinging on for a few years now in what's seemed like a terminal decline. They won't be guaranteed to come right back up either if Luton's example is anything to go by.

I hope the Gas do come straight back up. Decent club with a good bunch of fans and Bristol is always a good away day. It seems weird that teams like Bristol Rovers and Luton are spending time in the Conference but Crawley are hovering about in League 1.

Good to see Guiseley in the Conference North playoff final too, after beating North Ferriby over 2 legs. I used to watch them as a youth and went to see them at Wembley in '92. Back then they could have been promoted to Conference level but the ground was deemed unfit so it'd be nice to see the club get the chance to compete at that level.

Also... Champioooooons!
    Bring forth the pies!

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Default The City is Ours

MILAN HA VINTO CONTRO I LADRI!!!

Made my weekend. After not being able to pull off a win against Inter for three years, we finally, finally won.

It's a great way to start the week, and it gives me a glimmer of hope that we can eventually turn things around.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Spireite View Post
    I hope the Gas do come straight back up. Decent club with a good bunch of fans and Bristol is always a good away day. It seems weird that teams like Bristol Rovers and Luton are spending time in the Conference but Crawley are hovering about in League 1.
    Crawley spent a vast amount of money to get where they are now. Back in the Conference they were paying Championship wages to players. As for the decline of Rovers it was a long process overseen by a series of bad managers (step forward Mark Mcghee and others who spunked what money they had on poor players) and the directors fucking up crucial decisions left,right and centre as they seemed more interested in developing the ground to take advantage of rising property prices on the Gloucester Road than actually investing in the team on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Crawley spent a vast amount of money to get where they are now. Back in the Conference they were paying Championship wages to players. As for the decline of Rovers it was a long process overseen by a series of bad managers (step forward Mark Mcghee and others who spunked what money they had on poor players) and the directors fucking up crucial decisions left,right and centre as they seemed more interested in developing the ground to take advantage of rising property prices on the Gloucester Road than actually investing in the team on the pitch.
    Can't imagine it'll be too long before Crawley end up going back down a division or two. Can't see their attendances making it feasible for them to keep spending the way they have been doing. At some point they'll have to learn to live within their means or end up in administration, bankrolled or no. Shame to see what has happened to Rovers. Wish them all the best in the Conference next season, although it's a bugger of a league to get out of.
    Bring forth the pies!

BANNED

Migrant workers dying at a rate of of more than one a day in Qatar.

Qatari officials have stepped up inspections of working conditions and recently gave strong indications that they are prepared to reform labour laws, but it remains unclear whether they will go as far as scrapping an exit-visa system which prevents workers leaving Qatar without the permission of their employer. There are many examples of migrant workers being effectively held to ransom because their employer refuses to allow them to leave, with French footballer Zahir Belounis being a high-profile example.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Saturdays result against Everton have got me dreaming of another title. Still work to be done but we're so close you can almost smell it. Was a horrible game to watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    MILAN HA VINTO CONTRO I LADRI!!!

Made my weekend. After not being able to pull off a win against Inter for three years, we finally, finally won.

It's a great way to start the week, and it gives me a glimmer of hope that we can eventually turn things around.
    Not that I am a fan but when I realised that Mario and Nige were involved it put a smile on my face.

BANNED

My god. I actually switched off when it was 3-0.

I just don't know what to say about that.

BANNED

I kept pinching myself though I was dreaming.

Astonishing Member

Whats up,everybody?

My team is Benfica.
    I am quite happy with this year performance of the team (They won the Portuguese League and are currently in three (!) finals including the Europa League Final.

I feel terrible for Liverpool. They still have a chance but will require a lot of luck.

I have followed Liverpool ever since 2009, when they were playing in Singapore the same time I was there

BANNED

I do feel bad for ur guys slightly well more Gerrard.