Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BATGIRL #43 Preview/Discussion

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/21/excl...ew-batgirl-34/

Well, there's the love triangle Tarr was talking about.

Everybody digs Babs

Astonishing Member

She's got a thing for guys with the suffix -wing!

I'm pretty stoked on getting a slightly dialed back Luke, and even more Batman Beyond winks with this Foxtek start-up. He should make a fairly strong supporting character for Babs and I'm glad he found a home here.

Plus this issue starts with an actual tigermurder. I mean Velvet Tiger. How cool is that? What's next, Lady Viper?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

God, I love this series so much.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    She's got a thing for guys with the suffix -wing!

I'm pretty stoked on getting a slightly dialed back Luke, and even more Batman Beyond winks with this Foxtek start-up. He should make a fairly strong supporting character for Babs and I'm glad he found a home here.

Plus this issue starts with an actual tigermurder. I mean Velvet Tiger. How cool is that? What's next, Lady Viper?
    YES, PLEASE! LADY VIPER!

Also stoked to have Luke on a supporting role here, I honestly never cared much for his ongoing or his role as Batwing but he works perfectly as a supporting character on this book and a love interest for Babs. Even better if Tiffany joins the cast as well.

And wouldn't this love triangle actually be a quartet if Liam the cop is still in the picture?

Ultimate Member

I hope that this doesn't turn out to be insufferably annoying like most love triangles in fiction tend to be. Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://comicbook.com/2015/08/21/excl...ew-batgirl-34/

Well, there's the love triangle Tarr was talking about.

Are you sure? Because you may want to read the tagline for #45: "a familiar face from her past returns…and he’s got a lot to say about their future together!"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that sounds a lot like Dick Grayson. Considering he's coming back to Gotham in Grayson #12 next month. Plus, if #45 is Alysia's wedding, that would be a perfect timing for Mr. Grayson to run into the church saying BARBARA JOAN GORDON, WILL YOU MARRY ME?! But maybe that's just me.

Looks good. Glad this title is moving on from Bat-Gordon and doing its own thing again...I like when titles operate in their own little corner and do whatever they want.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Looks good. Glad this title is moving on from Bat-Gordon and doing its own thing again...I like when titles operate in their own little corner and do whatever they want.

Yeah, i agree. I kinda hoped that after convergence every title would sorta have the option to be set in it's own continuity, and i think it would work a little better for Team Batgirl if they had that creative freedom. While i'm ok with the whole Gordon=Batman story on it's own, i really would have preferred to see the real Batman coming to Burnside. I really want to see how Mr. Stewart and Mr. Fletcher write Bruce Wayne, and how Babs Tarr would draw him as both Bruce and as Batman.
    As a huge fan of Batgirl, i've always seen Jim Gordon as "the dad" rather than the superhero, even if he technically is a superhero without a mask in his role as the commissioner.
    I remember this episode Holiday Knights from The New Batman Adventures, which starts with Barbara being out shopping for christmas gifts, and she looks at a tie and says "It's perfect, dad will love it" and it's scenes like that that always made me feel like this is a family story. Bruce's story is always about the people around him being a surrogate family, but Barbara still has her father. From her perspective it's a huge *facepalm moment that her dad is now Batman, if you ask me.

So... Qadir is jealous? Interesting twist. I hope he won't hold a grudge super-villain style on Babs.

Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Batgirl #43

Tech genius Luke Fox has brought his startup to Burnside, and he seems to be hiring all of Barbara's friends...but not her! Unfortunately, someone else is setting up shop in Burnside as well...the mysterious Velvet Tiger!

Full preview here.

Always Rakzo

Beautiful!

This was certainly one of the best chapters in a while, several sub-plots being developed and that art! Simply stunning.

This was great! Babs Tarr outdid herself on this one, the fight sequence with the tiger looked amazing. Also, that Batgirl look for Frankie!

Supporting cast was really well used here, too. Looking forward to see more of Luke.

And damn, Velvet Tiger! Babs Tarr's redesign was fantastic and she's the perfect villain for this run, so excited to see where it goes.

Fantastic issue! I wish I didn't have to wait a month for the next part

That poor tiger...

Couple of standout panels from this issue, I keep on loving the tiger scenes!