Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I think the creative team hasdone a great job with what they were given. He can get the costume back but his current Direction is the first one that has really felt like he is creating his own world. Teen Titans is a team book, Bludhaven is in the shadow of Gotham, and DC won't do two Batman.

No. And fans shouldn't want Nightwing back, certainly not yet. They have too many Nightwings as it is right now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-25-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Since DC has stopped 'batgirling' books, can I please get Nightwing back.
    I hear that!

Not anytime soon I hope.

Spectacular Member

Go nuts chum

https://www.comixology.com/search?search=Nightwing

Why? What in the world was great about nightwing that you are not getting with grayson?

Incredible Member

Have him. But I'm keeping Grayson. Ok, Dick isn't in the fingerstripes (~laments~), but he's also not in anyone's shadow. He's got a fun, intriguing story, his own cast, a situation that no one else in the DCU has... and ass jokes for the perverts ~cough~.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    What if...even when he does come back to super-heroing, it's not as "Nightwing"... ?
    You mean...like as Robin?

Since the FLASHPOINT reboot completely reworked the histories of all the Robins, a LEGENDS OF THE BOY WONDER title that builds the New 52 history of the Robin character as it evolved from Dick Grayson to Jason Todd to Tim Drake to Damian Wayne just might be cool.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Batgirling was the best thing to happen to the books since they hired Morrison, and yeah Dick hasn't even been properly Batgirled in a long while.

You do have a Nightwing book. It just happens to have a different title. Did people forget that Nightwing was part of the Teen Titans for years before he was in Bludhaven?

Nah, no bloody thanks. I'm still enjoying my Grayson too much to even think of reverting Dick back to Nightwing.....

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    I'm sorry, but the New 52 Nightwing was quite poor. Snyder's lackies just don't seem to be able to carry a book on their own. Grayson has been fantastic, regardless of numbers. Judging by the drop, we can assume they can squeeze at least another year out of it, maybe more, before reverting to some semblance of a familiar status quo. If the Grayson team sticks around, I'm there, regardless of the title of the book. If not, I'm out.

Hopefully DC doesn't blow this, like they did with Lemire's Green Arrow. Otherwise, we'll see more talent leaving to sign exclusive Marvel contracts.
    What happened with Green Arrow was not DC's fault. They had to change creative teams because Sorrentino signed an exclusive deal with Marvel, and Lemire did not want to do the book without him. So he ended up leaving.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No way, Grayson is the best book DC has right now. It's the best thing to happen to the character IMO since the Wolfman Titan days, barring the brief Dick!Bats period by Morrison.

Incredible Member

7/15 dropped to just under 34k. I just wished people stopped acting like Grayson was some runaway hit.
    The books drop in numbers can also be balanced out by the price increase. The quality of Nightwing did not warrant a 3.99 price tag. To be honest with you I bought it every month hoping it woukd get better. The quality of Grayson can ask for 3.99 and people are paying. I would also like to point out that half of the NU52 Nightwing run was carried by crossovers with Batman. Grayson is doing the numbers it's doing without out any of that so far.

Astonishing Member

The first thing the Nightwing book did was try to convince the reader Bludhaven was like Gotham but DARKER but it was actually Gotham for babies. It wasn't until Slade turned it into a smoldering crater that it lived up to being more dangerous than Gotham.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory