Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Superman #43

Before "Truth": Superman's very existence is threatened, and Lois Lane must make the toughest choice of her life!

Full preview here.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Finally, after months of waiting, we know why Lois did what she did and... that's all? It was obvious from Yang's first issue what her reasons might have been. In recent interviews, there was talk of multifaceted motives, in this issue I haven't seen anything like that. I don't see any complexity except that in the consequences.
    While I'm liking "Truth" and the new status quo, I find that "Before Truth" is a waste of time.

Yeah, that was...underwhelming.

'Lois did it because...reasons.'

spoilers:

...and, somehow, Thunderbolt Ross - sorry, General Lane - was either really close by and able to get to the site very quickly, was given some form of heads up by Lois and got to the site very quickly, somehow traced (via military resources) Lois' transmission (which became viral in minutes, with no one bothering with any fact-checking), or maybe he had been tracking the leak from within from which Hordr had pulled the 6 year old torture footage
    end of spoilers

Also, Lois was
    spoilers:
    very tactile with the face holding etc, especially considering their earlier point about both being in relationships
    end of spoilers

And then, after being betrayed by Betty, Hulk leapt away as Thunderbolt Ross threatened to blow him up.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Yeah, that was...underwhelming.

'Lois did it because...reasons.'

spoilers:

...and, somehow, Thunderbolt Ross - sorry, General Lane - was either really close by and able to get to the site very quickly, was given some form of heads up by Lois and got to the site very quickly, somehow traced (via military resources) Lois' transmission (which became viral in minutes, with no one bothering with any fact-checking), or maybe he had been tracking the leak from within from which Hordr had pulled the 6 year old torture footage
    end of spoilers
    The story wasn't executed very well. Also, spoilers:
    Lois reveals Superman's identity by putting on the net a pic of Clark wearing the Superman costume under his clothes. What kind of revelation it is? The people reactions should be like: Who is this guy with glasses? Why is he dressed as Superman?
    end of spoilers
    Wtf.

Also, Lois was
    spoilers:
    very tactile with the face holding etc, especially considering their earlier point about both being in relationships
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It doesn't happen very often to have Superman naked in your bed.
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

I have talked more deeply about this already but let's just say that I'm not buying the whole forced romantic relationship between Lois and Clark considering that they're barely friends in this continuity nor the attempts to make Lois sympathetic when her actions say the opposite. Characterization can be pretty clunky.

Story-wise is not so bad and JRJR's work looks better everytime.

I know when a lot of you get this and read the issue their will probably be a lot more people defending the book, but my god do I regret buying this issue. Bad villain, boring story, JRJR is actually the best part of the book and doesn't that just say it all.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I have talked more deeply about this already but let's just say that I'm not buying the whole forced romantic relationship between Lois and Clark considering that they're barely friends in this continuity nor the attempts to make Lois sympathetic when her actions say the opposite. Characterization can be pretty clunky.

Story-wise is not so bad and JRJR's work looks better everytime.
    Taking this to the discussion thread.