Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Your 5 most-anticipated ANAD titles

Anyone care to share which All-New All-Different titles they look forward to the most? Haven't seen any threads like that yet!

Rank or just list the five titles that you are looking forward to the most this October and explain why! Heck, I'll start:

Extraordinary X-Men
    I'm a lifelong X-Men fan, and even though I think most of us can agree that Marvel's been rough on them the last decade or so and especially as of late, I think this title has the most potential out of the three. Not everyone is a fan of Humberto Ramos, but personally I've always enjoyed his stuff, especially on Spider-Man. And I haven't read a single book by Jeff Lemire that I've disliked, so there is a lot of hope here! And that team lineup looks awesome, nay, extraordinary!

Karnak
    It's really hard for me to pass up on anything these days that has "Warren Ellis" on the cover. This is the only Inhumanity book that I'm really looking forward too, especially since Karnak has always been my favorite Inhuman and I can see Warren Ellis really expanding his character over an arc or two. "The flaw in all things"... super intriguing premise!

Daredevil
    Daredevil has been and always will be my favorite superhero, and I'm excited for ANAD Daredevil on two levels: (1) Mark Waid's run was fantastic, but I'm really happy to go back to the Miller/Bendis/Brubaker Brooding-devil, and (2) Charles Soule is not only a talented writer, but getting an actual attorney on the Man w/o Fear is going to be really fun!

Old Man Logan
    Lemire and Sorrentino, the Saviors of New 52 Green Arrow, united again? On one of my favorite alternate universe characters ever? What isn't to love?

Hercules
    This was the highlight of my day when they announced this title. I seriously thought we would never see Hercules again, but he's back and in great hands!
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm actually quite looking forward to more than a few of the new books. The five most looked forward to...hm...
    Exceptional X-Men...Lemire writing an X book is more than enough to make me interested in this one, but I love the team as well.
    Ultimates...Capt Marvel, Spectrum, Rocafort...GALACTUS...definitely in on this one.
    A-Force...She-Hulk, Dazzler, Nico
    All New Avengers...I have long wanted Songbird to become an Avenger and seeing her on this team made me smile. I like the idea of Sunspot using his vast wealth to bankroll a team. (just wish there was a different artist.)
    Captain Marvel. Love Carol. Cant wait to read this new chapter.

ULTIMATES: Ewing is really killing it lately and I'm a fan of every character there plus curious to see who the new galactus is and what his role might be
    CAPTAIN MARVEL:This is basically S.W.O.R.D. but with carol who has been growing more and more as a character
    LOKI: The ending and subsequent set up in issue 17 just left me wanting more and im hoping something amazing will continue to happen here
    UNCANNY AVENGERS:This is gonna be a really funny book and the premise and characters are something I trust in the hands of the right creative team...i think they are in good hands here
    ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS: Tony in new cooler armor without having to read two other Tony books, plus Miles and Khamala make this an awesome team and I'm a fan of vision and this story will probably be very informative for how the new earth will function so ill give it an arc or two

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

This is hard!!

#1 All-New Inhumans
    Crystal, need I say more?!

#2 Extraordinary X-Men
    My three favorite X-Men: Iceman, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, and several other favorites as well! Looks like a great creative team!

#3 Scarlet Witch
    One of my favorite characters, very excited about her first solo book. I can't wait to see what they have in store!

#4 New Avengers
    Songbird's Avengers Forever "prophecy" finally fulfilled, plus Hawkeye, Sunspot, and Wiccan... and Squirrel Girl?! Definitely my favorite cast of the Avengers titles.

#5 Vision
    I've always had an affinity for characters that offer an outsider perspective on humanity, and I hope this title will explore Vision's character in more depth than we've seen in the past.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

In Order!

1.) Scarlet Witch - James Robinson (W)

It is Scarlet Witch in her Own Solo Written by a writer by all accounts has loved her for his whole life and gives credance to Canon History!

NO Need I say More!!!

2.) Uncanny Avengers Vol. 3 - Gerry Duggan (W), Ryan Stegman (A)

The Continued Adventures of My Favorite Avengers Team since 2012 by a Writer, Gerry Duggan, who is giving more and more great details on where he wants to take this franchise and honor what Rick R. has Done before him!

Also, Rogue is the Official Leader/Commander of the Unity Team! :-)

3.) A-Force - G. Willow Wilson (W), Jorge Molina (A)

The BEST Book out of the Tie-Ins to the Secret Wars Event Continues in all of its Ground Breaking into the New Age of Marvel!!! =D

4.) All-New Inhumans - Charles Soule and James Asmus (W), Stefano Caselli (A)

Crystal of the Inhumans Leading a Team.......Enough Said!!! ;-)

5.) All-New, All-Different Avengers - Mark Waid (W), Mahmud Asrar and Adam Kubert (A)

The Flag-Ship of the New Marvel Era with one of the Most Unique Teams ever Assembled!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-25-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

1. Uncanny Inhumans
    I've always been an enormous Inhumans fan, and this is going to be an absolutely epic dream come true!

2. Invincible Iron Man
    Between the creative team and what we've seen so far, this is one I can't wait have in my hands!

3. Karnak
    I see the flaw in all things... and so far this book looks to be FLAWLESS!!

4. Extraordinary X-Men
    This book looks like it's going to be... well extraordinary! I have very high hopes that it will deliver!

5. All New Inhumans
    Crystal is back! Plus the NuHumans and Gorgon! Sign me up!!!

Honorable mentions:
    A-Force, Uncanny Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Sam Wilson: Captain America, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D., Howard the Duck, Spider-Man 2099, and of course Squirrel Girl!
    Last edited by redrunner97; 08-26-2015 at 09:01 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Extraordinary X-Men.

Magik and Jeen are on it.

Uncanny X-men.

Magneto continues his killing spree.

Ms Marvel.

She is so adorably awesome, or is it awesomely adorable ?.

Uncanny Avengers.

Deadpool financing an Avengers team, im going to pay to see that.

Squirrel Girl.

Not everything has to be gloom and doom, is it ?.

extraordinary x-men

classic x-men saving who they can from the deadly terrigene mists

uncanny x-men

with many x-men missing, magneto forms the brotherhood for vengeance --- and the RETURN OF ARCHANGELL!!!

deadpool and cable

even though this is a mini, it stars two of marvel's best characters written by veteran fabian nicieza

ultimates

truly the most-powerful super team in existence after secret war

old man logan

lemire and sorrentino are going to be a great creative combination

New Avengers - some of my favorite characters, one of my favorite writers, and I like the setup with AIM and all. It seems to me that Sunspot, though he is new to the Avengers fold, seems to actually get what it should be about, too.
    Mighty Thor - been enjoying Aaron's work in the Thor corner of things for a while, see no why that should stop now. Also, Loki is in there now
    Extraordinary X-Men - got some of my favorite mutant character, especially Nightcrawler, and also have always enjoyed Jeff Lemire.
    Doctor Strange -loooooove Bachalo, like the magical side of Marvel, and this just sounds really interesting.
    Squadron Supereme - I was a big big fan of The Authority, and this is giving me the same sort of vibe, it's really got me interested.

Honorable mentions: A-Force, Ultimates, All-New All-Different Avengers, Old Man Logan, Karnak

1. Extraodinary X-Men (Colossus, and as long as he is not jobbed all the time or makes whales with legs, I will be buying this)

2. Squadron Supreme (I have always liked every version of the team, Squadron Sinister included. I am sort of an SS historian, and hoping the creative team uses the mash-up of different versions to it's potential)

3. Not really sure for 3, 4, and 5. I am certain I will be picking up at least 8 or so titles from the start, but nothing else has really jumped out at me. The Spider-Man with PP will be on my list, I suppose.

1. New Avengers
    2. Contest of Champions
    3. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
    4. Scarlet Witch because the synopsis looks promsing
    5. Ultimates

Honestly though, they'd probably shift once each first issue ships and we see the real deal.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Definitively very interested:

Karnak: Warren Ellis, that's all.
    New Avengers: Great to see Hickman's fantastic idea won't go to waste.
    The Vision: Incredibly interesting concept, with potential to be the deepest and most compelling book in the MU.

Cautiously optimistic:

Uncanny X-men: Mystique and Sabretooth being there makes me cringe, but the rest of the cast is interesting enough and Bunn sure knows how to write Magneto.

Spider-Man 2099: PAD is the man, and I've enjoying his take on Secret Wars for the most part.

1. Ms. Marvel: I'm with Kamala for as long as I can.

2. All New Wolverine/All New X-men V2: Mostly for Laura/x23. Though which one is going to be the definer for her characterization remains to be seen.

3. Bunn's UXM: I wanna see Mags be Mags.

4. Lemire's Extraordinary X-men: For Lemire. And I guess Storm.

5. Ewing's Ultimates: Ewing did not steer me wrong in Loki.

Honorable Mentions
    Miles Morales Spiderman: I am cautious of Bendis. While I want Miles growth, Bendis ANXM and UXM have rubbed me the wrong way.
    PAD's SM2099: As long as PAD is here, I am there.
    Spiderverse: Maybe. The SW series is not that interesting.
    Thompson Venom
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

1 - Extraordinary X-Men: Jean Grey! Bobby! Storm! Flagship X-Men book! I don't have to say anything else
    2 - Ultimates: Carol Danvers and America Chavez are two characters that I love, and I would like to know more about Monica and Black Panther too
    3 - New Avengers: Wiccan and Hulkling, and Squirrel Girl! This NEEDS to be good, please.
    4 - Captain Marvel: I'm excited to see Carol writted by Agent Carter writers
    5 - Scarlet Witch: Is just awesome that Wanda finally have a solo book. Love the design too.

1. Ultimates: Ewing brought his favorite Mighty Avengers plus two upcoming movie stars to the A game! Also some random mystery girl from some comics series cobbled together just for selling its per-drawn set of covers.

2. New Avengers: Every issue, one of the team is going to die! Also featuring diet Squirrel Girl for some reason, Deadpool is disappointed.

3. Karnak: Warren Ellis writing his least favorite genre - superhero! Which means his best! Six issues limited run guaranteed!

4. Uncanny Avengers: Will relaunched in a year as Zany Avengers!

5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: As long as it keeps the brisk pace and television suspense of Squadron Sinister, it can become the perfect point of TV synergy invasion!