Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am all for the addition of New Mutants to the team and LOVE Doug and Warlock being on it, but the removal of Quicksilver is going to be awful.
    Someone please ease my brain because I can hardly stand the thought.
    Looks like Pietro is gonna get the Rahne treatment.
    'No PAD, we don't want these second and third-tier characters we don't appreciate. I can't imagine why you even would. Aren't they all just crappy losers, ha ha. Go ahead and use them. Spread them on toast, like jam. No one cares.'
    Six months later.
    'Oh, and we're taking this character for our brilliantly original new team Stabby McSchnikt-bub, because everyone on the team has to have knives or claws, and she has claws, so clearly she's a perfect characterization match for this assassination team.'
    Six months later.
    'Oh, we're done screwing up this character, she's now pregnant with a wolf-god-baby and has severe PTSD because we put a relatively gentle Christian onto a wetworks hit-squad, you can have her back now, if you still want her...'

I doubt Pietro will actually come back pregnant with a wolf-baby** (!!), but the fickle creative who just saw DoFP and / or the Flash trailers and suddenly realized that speedsters like Pietro can be cool will lose interest as quickly as they developed it, and he'll go back on the broken toys pile, possibly with a bionic leg or blind or something suitably cruel that PAD will have to fix.

**Although my respect for Marvel's ability to be whacky and wild would go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'No PAD, we don't want these second and third-tier characters we don't appreciate. I can't imagine why you even would. Aren't they all just crappy losers, ha ha. Go ahead and use them. Spread them on toast, like jam. No one cares.'
    Six months later.
    'Oh, and we're taking this character for our brilliantly original new team Stabby McSchnikt-bub, because everyone on the team has to have knives or claws, and she has claws, so clearly she's a perfect characterization match for this assassination team.'
    Six months later.
    'Oh, we're done screwing up this character, she's now pregnant with a wolf-god-baby and has severe PTSD because we put a relatively gentle Christian onto a wetworks hit-squad, you can have her back now, if you still want her...'

I doubt Pietro will actually come back pregnant with a wolf-baby** (!!), but the fickle creative who just saw DoFP and / or the Flash trailers and suddenly realized that speedsters like Pietro can be cool will lose interest as quickly as they developed it, and he'll go back on the broken toys pile, possibly with a bionic leg or blind or something suitably cruel that PAD will have to fix.

You...I freaking adore you. Oh god, that was a brilliant post.
    It made me sad and laugh at the same time. <3
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Six months later.
    Six months later.

I think do to the Avengers film Pietro will be gone from the x-books other then for crossovers for a very long time. If they actually manage to turn around his popularity among comic buyers is a different question, but it will be a long time to come before we see Pietro as a regular on the x-books again.

Stabby McSchnikt-bub
    This is possibly my new favorite term.

I'll really miss Quicksilver in this book -- I love his snarkyness.

Six months later.
    Six months later.

Two different situations brah.

One situation is a writer borrowing a character cause he has a story to tell, then giving her back after said story is done

The other is a character going to a different book solely because he is gonna be in a movie. its not because an avenger writer has a story to tell or something.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 06-08-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I hope there's a quicksilver centred story coming up soon. Maybe the one teased with Fatale etc. all of his appearances have been great, but there hasn't been enough of them.
    If it doesn't happen by issue 13 or 14 it isn't likely to happen unless Fatale and her gang are somehow involved in Axis which is possible I guess, not that I think its likely.

A lot of storyline potential in between characters for this crossover, but I do think the biggest storyline potential of this crossover comes from a certain reunion.

Ultimate Member

Pietro probably would leave if Wanda came back, playing devils advocate though who knows maybe Alex and Lorna will have a friendly meeting as well, I'd hate to think that PAD would make Alex look bad to give his own characters a boost...and you have to wonder if Pietro does then ever return to this version of X-Factor if it'll last long enough for that to happen...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    its not because an avenger writer has a story to tell or something.
    Pretty much ever, it seems. Sigh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Two different situations brah.

One situation is a writer borrowing a character cause he has a story to tell, then giving her back after said story is done

The other is a character going to a different book solely because he is gonna be in a movie. its not because an avenger writer has a story to tell or something.
    Not exactly.

In the first situation, a character was swiped for little reason and then handed back in a very damaged state. Hell, Wolfsbane could have pretty easily been removed from X-Force entirely with little impact on the plot. Worst of all, she was the only character in the series on lockdown. When all was said and done, the writers left Rahne in a very damaged position for virtually no story reward, and PAD was left with the cleanup.

As for Quicky, I suspect PAD knew it was coming. I'd bet 10 bucks Quicky's spying gets 'resolved' with him leaving the team in the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    As for Quicky, I suspect PAD knew it was coming. I'd bet 10 bucks Quicky's spying gets 'resolved' with him leaving the team in the arc.
    Thanks to Brevoort's forumsprings account we know PAD knew it was coming from the start.

I've been loving All-new X-factor, and I can't wait to see what craziness PAD's putting this wildcard group of heroes working together, Georgia as a supporting cast, Snow as a grey character, and this new villain.

Plus excited to see what happens during the crossover with the Avengers which is probably Axis, and I hope it will bring some interesting characters to team when the change up happens. I'm also excited to see Spiderman 2099 show up in this series, because it will be a lot of weird fun.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.