Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Aquaman #43 Discussion/Spoilers

I have to say that I really liked this issue. The art seemed better than what we got on the last issue, especially with the faces. But there were still some bad ones here and there. We got a good amount of knowledge about the other Atlantis that is poisoning Atlantis. Also I liked how they stuck with the Azarello/Chiang Poseidon, as well as him being the one that gave Aquaman these new powers were an added touch. I would've liked to see more of what Garth and the others had in that fight though.

But we all knew who the real villain was the whole time. I knew Bunn would not do the First Marriage of DC dirty like this.

Incredible Member

Enjoyable bombastic issue. I dig the art.

I hope Team Ico got credit for that monster design though...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    I knew Bunn would not do the First Marriage of DC dirty like this.
    I'm glad that it turned out way it did.
    And it makes sense how Charybdis and King Shark are on such team tasked with killing Aquaman.

Always Rakzo

Yeah, that wasn't Mera as expected.

This is turning out better than I anticipated, I enjoy some of the aspects of worldbuilding and connection of mythos like Poseidon.

Fantastic Member

Yup called it I knew that wasn't mera

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't Mera as expected.

This is turning out better than I anticipated, I enjoy some of the aspects of worldbuilding and connection of mythos like Poseidon.
    Yeah, the world building is amazing on this right now.

I loved with Johns did with building up Atlantis, and what Parker did with expanding it, and Bunn building on this.
    I love what is going on right now with everything.

I really hope they build with Garth.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ocean Master now.

And I liked Poseidon this issue.

Fantastic Member

Called it. I knew that wasn't Mera.

I still am not totally sold on this book. But I'm not surprised a Greek deity pretended like something didn't happen if itbwasnt immediately affecting them. I'm also happy they didn't go with any Poseidon worship since Arthur and him have never had any positive relationship.

Still don't like the art.

All-New Member

She's back, and looks amazing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So did fake Mera turn out to be Siren? Or something else? Not getting mine until the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by siegeperilous02 View Post
    so did fake mera turn out to be siren? Or something else? Not getting mine until the end of the week.
    YUP. Everyone called it, since the preview.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    YUP. Everyone called it, since the preview.
    Haha nice. I was disappointed she didn't appear in the Johns run, glad to see she's back.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Haha nice. I was disappointed she didn't appear in the Johns run, glad to see she's back.
    I'm glad she is the main antagonist here. I honestly feel like some people may have been losing hope that it was her.

I can see an Aquaman movie revolving around the different places within Atlantis.
    This honestly with another Atlantis invading the Earth can be a movie. And a pretty damn good one at that.

I haven't been reading the CBR forums as much as I used to, so I didn't benefit from all of your good calls. I really thought Bunn was doing a big disservice to the previous runs, in terms of Mera foremost.

The multiple reveals in this issue really alleviated my misgivings about this new run. I confess, though, that I am still trying to get used to McCarthy's style on this title. Thus far, it has been very difficult.

Really enjoyed this issue, and not just from the the reveal that it was siren all along(though still really glad that was the reveal).

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Really enjoyed this issue, and not just from the the reveal that it was siren all along(though still really glad that was the reveal).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    I haven't been reading the CBR forums as much as I used to, so I didn't benefit from all of your good calls. I really thought Bunn was doing a big disservice to the previous runs, in terms of Mera foremost.

The multiple reveals in this issue really alleviated my misgivings about this new run. I confess, though, that I am still trying to get used to McCarthy's style on this title. Thus far, it has been very difficult.
    That reveal have everyone a collective sigh of relief