Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    ....and that's EXACTLY what the Superman title needs for once. It would be nice to see the Superman title contend with Action as who has the better book. Action has been trumping Superman since Pak and Kuder took over.
    Yeah, and lay of the crossovers for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Virile Agitur View Post
    if they're changing up for porter, i'm good.
    Yeah. Porter's pretty cool. I just hope he can meet deadlines without requiring a fill-in artist ... that was one of the best things about JR Jr

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yeah, and lay of the crossovers for a while.
    Agreed 100%. Crossovers seem to have been going on nonstop at DC since the New Krypton story back in what, '08? It's cross-over; burn out city for me. I wouldn't mind if the stories had a payoff or are any good but they are borderline forgettable before the status quo changes. I'm a loyal Supes reader, but if it continues I'll resort to 100% TPB and wait for stories to come out in collections. It'll be less of a headache and money that way. Hell, I wouldn't mind one-shots here and there. Action Comics #40 with Bizarro was an amazing one-shot issue. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    Agreed 100%. Crossovers seem to have been going on nonstop at DC since the New Krypton story back in what, '08? It's cross-over; burn out city for me. I wouldn't mind if the stories had a payoff or are any good but they are borderline forgettable before the status quo changes. I'm a loyal Supes reader, but if it continues I'll resort to 100% TPB and wait for stories to come out in collections. It'll be less of a headache and money that way. Hell, I wouldn't mind one-shots here and there. Action Comics #40 with Bizarro was an amazing one-shot issue. Loved it.
    I think that's what Superman needs right now. One-shot issue like that Bizarro issue is what is needed. Those are fun.

BANNED

It's a pity if true. I went looking for Romita's past art and I liked what I saw. I was hoping he'd eventually find his style for Supes.

I'm not sorry to see him go. While I feel like he's been getting better with art duties on Superman, he doesn't seem to get Superman as a character. So the less creative input he has, the better Superman will be. I've never been a fan of his kind of loose and exaggerated style. Though he did do some nice work with Superman here and there. I feel like his women have improved. He drew a pretty great Wonder Woman and Lois Lane.

Nah. I never liked his style.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I read Superman #43 last night, and no disrespect meant, but he needs to be off this book. His art style gets more "blockier" the more time passes.

BANNED

good riddance.

his art is very subpar and he didn't even liked superman

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I read Superman #43 last night, and no disrespect meant, but he needs to be off this book. His art style gets more "blockier" the more time passes.
    Not to pile on JRJR , but I feel I've garnered a disdain for his art. When he came on the book, I gave him a fair shot. As time went on, moods reading the Superman title started getting worse and worse and I pegged it at JRJR'S art. Sometimes I can't fathom what fans have seen in his art to make him a big name to begin with, but that's the beauty of it. Art is all subjective but man, there is no in between with JRJR. You either love him or despise him. I follow the latter and that's no disrespect to him. He's simply not my cup of tea.

I'll welcome Porter on with open arms.

Fantastic Member

I've really enjoyed Romita's art on the title -- it's distinct, a little "period" looking, and in all I think it's been a joy. But I'm not so in love with it I wouldn't take another artist. I hope we can actually lock one down for a sustained run with a writer, because that interplay takes a while to grow and produce really great, in-sync work.

I really like Porter, but I'm sad to lose him on Justice League 3001, which is probably my favorite DC title right now. The real strength there is in Giffen's writing, but Porter's art has defined the book visually.

I'm super glad, if nothing else, it's someone a bit more cartoony (but still super detailed) like Porter, rather than a realistic, house-style artist.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If true, Porter on Superman is a good news. But Yang has to improve his writing or join Jr.Jr.

BANNED

The thing is that Romita draws a great 'jeans and T' Supes:

http://www.newsarama.com/24898-super...1-preview.html

Great Lois, Jimmy and Clark:

http://insidepulse.com/2015/07/28/su...2-superman-53/

But he can't draw a good suited up Supes. He makes him look disproportionate and weird most of the time. But I think his style has great synergy with Yang's writing and I'll be sad if he goes.

IMO his artwork has went downhill the past 10 or 15 years. i agree that its become blockier. his work on Avengers during the Bendis run was especially bad. he used to be really great. just look at his early X-Men stuff.