Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Wonder Woman Lunchbox Deemed Too Violent for School

A school sent a letter to a student's parents requesting she no longer bring her Wonder Woman lunchbox to school as it violates the school dress code.

Full article here.

The school says you can't show characters that solve problems with violence? So any US President lunchbox would also be a problem?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So basically, kids can't have any items with any characters on them. What is this world coming too?
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

By this definition, what isn't violent?

Even Mario and Spongebob are violent by these criteria.

Would they ban a lunchbox that had the Army or Marines logo on it? They solve problems through violence.

BANNED

Is the policy over restrictive bordering on ludicrously Draconian? Yes. But, as stated, does the lunchbox violate the policy? It appears so.

So does this cool ban all their history text books then? Those things are full of people who solve problems through violence lol.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

So I guess the days of super-hero Valentines Day cards are over.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Disgusting and terrifying.

Ah America. Where in the name of an unattainable level of safety and stopping non-existent threats, children can no longer have fun and be imaginative. If this place cares as much for children as it claims, maybe stop taking away everything from them that makes it bearable to be a child in the first place.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-26-2015 at 08:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I was expecting a lunch box with wonder woman with a sword fighting a villain or something. Not a picture of her smiling, and another of her running while also smiling. I understand the school's concerns though.

Fantastic Member

Once again, school policy fails at critical thinking. No surprise there.

Still, I hope this is the most asinine thing I see this week.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Spectacular Member

Aside from it being a stretch to call a lunch box a dress item, I think it's great that a little girl likes Wonder Woman enough to have a WW lunch box. It means we still have kids who can look to the skies, and that she already knows that women can be super too.

Characters that solve all their problems with violence, eh? So I'm assuming that a United States lunchbox, particularly of the pro-military variety, would really be offensive; what entity is more apt at solving its problems with violence than the good old USA?

Being civilized is all well and good, but it all could be taken away unless you have the strength to defend those lofty ideals. There is a fine line between being civilized and being a helpless coward. Many people can't make the distinction.

BANNED

While it does reek of gross generalization of the 'superhero', true as it may be. I don't get the logic behind this ban on non-violent depictions of 'violent characters', like whats the harm?

I'll file this one under "Ridiculous".
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.