Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He jumped out of the way. All you see is him getting into stance and jumping.
    Idk, I saw it pretty differently. The first picture is the dodge. The second picture is Clark getting hit.
    Attachment 26785
    Attachment 26786

The destruction of the cars, the buildings it passed, and the speed it was going at, say otherwise. Now you are just plain reaching here. You see the barrage slowly coming and it destroying cars as it is coming towards them. Then there is the fact that Superman is a good distance away from them as it was coming.
    It took a while, that's how it is.
    I don't think that is the best way to judge the clip. We can't see the bullets we can only see the seconds after the effects of the bullets. So car windows breaking and smoke and concrete dust is the after effect. The bullets already hit the ground and the smoke gets higher as the seconds increase. It is important to know that in each three scenes, following Clark flying into the house, there is a black four-door car with a pretty large trunk and a campaign colored van that get hit in both frames. Each from three different perspectives, each not showing any previous damage. Truth is, it the same scene shot three different ways and you can't base the time frame of the attack on them because it resets after each showing.

Besides the fact that none of them have ever given any impression that they can, never even hinting to that level of speed.
    If you don't pause when Faora attacks you won't know what she did. If you don't pause it when Zod and Clark are fighting than you can't comprehended it. And I'm not taking about when she's playing around but when she's showing off her speed attacks. Or when Clark and Zod are really going at it I've mentioned those scences in a previous post.

While she was attacking soldiers they still had the time to unleash that many bullets as it was. Fact to the matter is; she wasn't moving anywhere near as fast as those bullets. CBPH's move so fast that they appear like blurs to normal people all the time. Batman moved faster than a person could blink.
    Abmccray got it right. CBPH-Ringer is about right.
    It's because she allowed it. When she chose to jump she wanted to be away from the volley of fire and she was and not once did she get hit. She was toying with them just like she did Clark and Colonel Hardy throughout the movie.

To move faster than a blink is to move 300 to 400 milliseconds of 1000 milliseconds, 1/3 of a second. With a feat like that shouldn't he be able to dodge a bullet without aim dodging?

If Faora is a Ringer, than she would need to be a bullet timer, Cassander Cain is consider a Ringer.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

best store front.jpg First Scene

storedifferent2.jpg Second Scene

realview.jpg Third Scene

Note the the two cars are untouched in the beginning of each scene. You could also look at the time marks.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    One adjustment I want to make here is that she didn't "just flash charge."

She was doing complex, precise, movements during those charges (ie. grabbing), and was able to grab Clark OUT of his flash charge. So she has some good reaction in there somewhere, that puts her somewhere in the CBPH/ringer range of "I don't know."

The iffy part is spotting Clark/Zod, who actually embraced their powers MORE towards the end, those feats (as they technically -should- have them and have the excuse of having no real reason to show them at the end of the movie).
    Not only did she grab Clark of out his flash charge but dodge it too. She also did a continuous motion from blitz to attack.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Idk, I saw it pretty differently. The first picture is the dodge. The second picture is Clark getting hit.
    Attachment 26785
    Attachment 26786

I don't think that is the best way to judge the clip. We can't see the bullets we can only see the seconds after the effects of the bullets. So car windows breaking and smoke and concrete dust is the after effect. The bullets already hit the ground and the smoke gets higher as the seconds increase. It is important to know that in each three scenes, following Clark flying into the house, there is a black four-door car with a pretty large trunk and a campaign colored van that get hit in both frames. Each from three different perspectives, each not showing any previous damage. Truth is, it the same scene shot three different ways and you can't base the time frame of the attack on them because it resets after each showing.
    Yet according to you; that is somehow evidence of bullet timing even though you just said it was hard to judge their speed? Supes never dodged it. You can try to deny it all you want, but that is how it is. The fact that he gets hit further shows he is no bullet timer.

Then there are many seconds going by before the barrage comes to them, and you clearly see it moving at a slow speed even after Faora moves out of the way.

If you don't pause when Faora attacks you won't know what she did.
    Except I have absolutely no problem seeing her attacks.

If you don't pause it when Zod and Clark are fighting than you can't comprehended it.
    Uh...yes I can? I can't really seehow you couldn't.

And I'm not taking about when she's playing around but when she's showing off her speed attacks.
    You mean when she was basically charging at him from a different area in the diner? Or later when Clark is fighting both of them and he didn't have too much trouble reacting to her?

Or when Clark and Zod are really going at it I've mentioned those scences in a previous post.
    Again; they aren't going anywhere near bullet timing speed. That is basically CBPH-Ringer right there. Batman can move his hands faster than it takes a normal human to blink.

They aren't moving that fast by comic book standards.

It's because she allowed it. When she chose to jump she wanted to be away from the volley of fire and she was and not once did she get hit. She was toying with them just like she did Clark and Colonel Hardy throughout the movie.
    The fact that she doesn't, nor ever displays any type of bullet timing level reactions afterwards, drives the point that not only didn't she need to dodge them, but she couldn't even if she tried.

To move faster than a blink is to move 300 to 400 milliseconds of 1000 milliseconds, 1/3 of a second. With a feat like that shouldn't he be able to dodge a bullet without aim dodging?
    Nope. A bullet starts moving at speeds above the speed of sound. And bullets are a thing that can harm him.

If Faora is a Ringer, than she would need to be a bullet timer, Cassander Cain is consider a Ringer.
    In terms of strength and the like; she is a ringer. Speed like hers is Superhuman. Her mover; Shiva, is pretty much the poster girl for a Ringer. She is faster than Batman, but slower than a bullet timer like her daughter. That is how fast Faora would be at best. And that is being generous in itself.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    best store front.jpg First Scene

storedifferent2.jpg Second Scene

realview.jpg Third Scene

Note the the two cars are untouched in the beginning of each scene. You could also look at the time marks.

Not only did she grab Clark of out his flash charge but dodge it too. She also did a continuous motion from blitz to attack.
    Wasn't much of a "flash charge" as he made it pretty obvious he was going to charge her. Combined that with the first time he smashed right into her after she sent him into a vault, and she didn't dodge many of his attacks.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

Ringer means above peak human without being a metahuman. It is not a speed category. Cass is a ringer and a bullet timer. Shiva is a ringer and not a bullet timer. Fisk is a ringer for strength and durability, but not for speed.