View Poll Results: Do you accept this teen Jean Grey?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

72 45.86%
  • No

85 54.14%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Really?
    - Scott and Emma: MIA
    - Kitty: She switch side and now she isn't even on earth
    - The O5: Schism isn't their problem
    - The NXS students: Schism isn't their problem

That only leave Magik from Scott' side of the schism.
    So, because Kitty decided to pursue romance, love, and marriage with Peter Quill you came to the conclusion that she "switched" sides? That's some pretty feeble logic...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-28-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Thought amendment(s).

BANNED

No I think the whole idea of the alternate timeline O5 is stupid as hell and I won't accept any of them, and I am mad as hell that X-23 is stuck hanging out with those losers. I'm also not happy with teenage Jean being on the same team as Magik, I don't need Jean being a panel hog on a team that has 3 of my favorite characters.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-28-2015 at 08:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    No I think the whole idea of the alternate timeline O5 is stupid as hell and I won't accept any of them, and I am mad as hell that X-23 is stuck hanging out with those losers. I'm also not happy with teenage Jean being on the same team as Magik, I don't need Jean being a panel hog on a team that has 3 of my favorite characters.
    There are plenty of other titles to pursue... No one is gonna blame you for not buying and or reading Extraordinary X-Men.

B.T.W., the Extraordinary X-Men team will consist of adult Iceman, teen Jean, Ororo, Peter, Kurt, Illyana, and "old ass" Logan -- who is your third? You only mentioned two.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-28-2015 at 08:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And this is why we are stuck with Adult Jean as a dead saint; after all, most of the alive X-men have turned into sociopaths.........................
    Emma and her cuckoos and Wuentin Wuire certainly have no qualms about reading minds. And thank god Jeen doesn't either. She has saved the day more than once precisely because she wants to know everything. Besides being a saint got her older counterpart killed twice. Had Jean been more used to using her telepathic powers Mastermind never could have gotten to her in the first place. Once she wS armed with knowledge of what the Masterminds could do Jeen beat Lady Mastermind and it was only her second psychic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma and her cuckoos and Wuentin Wuire certainly have no qualms about reading minds. And thank god Jeen doesn't either. She has saved the day more than once precisely because she wants to know everything. Besides being a saint got her older counterpart killed twice. Had Jean been more used to using her telepathic powers Mastermind never could have gotten to her in the first place. Once she wS armed with knowledge of what the Masterminds could do Jeen beat Lady Mastermind and it was only her second psychic battle.
    There's a fine line between reading the minds of your enemies trying to kill you out in the field and intruding in on the thoughts of your friends and associates.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Most likely the fact that with other telepaths, it's more of a background thing that they've done it but with Jeen, it's probably the combination of that it's Jean so she's held to a higher standard than, say Emma on telepathy abuse, and that they feel the need to make these scenes out of it with her (off the top of my head her manipulating Warren twice, the Bobby thing & causing a scene when they met the Uncanny Avengers. While there's more, those are the ones that stand out for me considering she shows no regard for other people's privacy and just does it). It was one thing when she couldn't control her powers, but that ship set sail a long time ago and she still does it.

I get this I really do, but it also is hypocritical and a double standard just between ANXM, and UXM I can think of numerous times the Cuckoos or Emma have used their telepathy without "permission" so has Quire, Betsy, Rachel or any other X-telepaths so if abusing her telepathy is the problem as to why a reader doesn't like her that's fine, I just wish more posters would be honest and admit that she certainly isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I get this I really do, but it also is hypocritical and a double standard just between ANXM, and UXM I can think of numerous times the Cuckoos or Emma have used their telepathy without "permission" so has Quire, Betsy, Rachel or any other X-telepaths so if abusing her telepathy is the problem as to why a reader doesn't like her that's fine, I just wish more posters would be honest and admit that she certainly isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last!!!
    That's the thing though, while other telepaths have done it over the span of 50 years of X-Men history, Jeen has practically made it a running gag in the span of 41 issues and basically every time it's subject to being a focal point every time she does it. It gets to be an annoyance. And taking into account who the character is tends to also affect the feeling on that. Like we're not gonna make a big deal of Madelyne Pryor using her telepathy to weed her way into people's minds since it'd be in her nature but with Jean, you expect better considering what we've seen of her over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    So, because Kitty decided to pursue romance, love, and marriage with Peter Quill you came to the conclusion that she "switched" sides? That's some pretty feeble logic...
    Uh no: She was at the JGS and then she went to the NXS. (and I am not even saying that she really picked a side or the other. She did it for her own reasons that weren't really related to the schism)

I find her pretty bratty ATM but I'm interested in what Lemire is gonna do with her. Hopefully he can reign her character in a-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's the thing though, while other telepaths have done it over the span of 50 years of X-Men history, Jeen has practically made it a running gag in the span of 41 issues and basically every time it's subject to being a focal point every time she does it. It gets to be an annoyance. And taking into account who the character is tends to also affect the feeling on that. Like we're not gonna make a big deal of Madelyne Pryor using her telepathy to weed her way into people's minds since it'd be in her nature but with Jean, you expect better considering what we've seen of her over the years.
    And that's why she is still dead, people is too attached to the dead saint image to see her turn into a sociopath, like the rest of the marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    She managed to push you to write your 7th posts in 1 year. So at least, she doesn't let you indifferent. "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference." (Elie Wiesel)
    I just wanted to remind Jean fans how much teen Jean sucks.

You guys deserve better.

BANNED

At least we're consistent...

What's your excuse, Jeremy?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-28-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    I just wanted to remind Jean fans how much teen Jean sucks.

You guys deserve better.
    Sucks more that she is still dead after a decade..................................

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Sucks more that she is still dead after a decade..................................
    Umm?!? Who told you Jean Grey's dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    There are plenty of other titles to pursue... No one is gonna blame you for not buying and or reading Extraordinary X-Men.

B.T.W., the Extraordinary X-Men team will consist of adult Iceman, teen Jean, Ororo, Peter, Kurt, Illyana, and "old ass" Logan -- who is your third? You only mentioned two.
    My 3 favorite characters in Extraordinary X-Men are Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Magik.