Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So Bendis answered my Question about Kurt and Kitty...

I mean, he is going to be writing Kitty in Guardians so... Lol.

But then he redeemed himself with this I guess.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 08-27-2015 at 09:00 PM.

It is kind of weird that Bendis wouldn't be able to tell that since he is the only writer writing Kitty so one would think that he'd at least be aware if x-office plans to feature her in the x-books. But then again it's doubtful that Marvel editorial spends much time coordinating the appearances of various characters these days. Plus it's Bendis so he might not even care what others are planning to do with any characters he writes. He'll just write his story and let others worry about any possible continuity issues.

i don't think it's very weird at all. i think it's very telling that he has no plans with the x-men. he has essentially admitted to stealing kitty from the x-men with no intention of having her ever interact with them again.

BANNED

If and when #600 hits the stands -- won't Kitty still be thousands of light years away from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    If and when #600 hits the stands -- won't Kitty still be thousands of light years away from Earth?
    why does that make any difference? bendis went out of his way to show kitty and peter starlord holo-texting with each other while they did their long-distance relationship thing. you're telling me he can't find the time for kitty to do the same with one of her best friends?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    he has essentially admitted to stealing kitty from the x-men with no intention of having her ever interact with them again.
    He never admitted anything like that ever. This is defamation.

She will come back one last time for #600.

BANNED

She's been shown traveling back and forth from Space to the X-Men, so I don't think she'll be away permanently till after the 8 month gap. #600 takes place BEFORE Secret Wars and the * month gap then, really, #600 takes place a year a half Marvel time from whenever the new books will be picking up.

he said he's "not the person to ask." and why exactly is that? is he not the person in charge of kitty pryde?

are you telling me he can find the time to do these sorts of scenes with her "relationship" to peter star-lord, yet he can't do the same for her friends back home? and why is that?

if he's "not the person to ask" then who is exactly?

i don't think it's very weird at all. i think it's very telling that he has no plans with the x-men. he has essentially admitted to stealing kitty from the x-men with no intention of having her ever interact with them again.
    I didn't really expect him to feature X-Men or have them involved in his stories. It's pretty obvious that he only wanted to write more Kitty so he took the character because x-office doesn't have any say in the matter if someone wants an x-character for an MCU book. But to me his response indicates mostly that he has no clue what x-offices will do or if they feature Kitty in the books at any point. And that's somethign that he should be aware of as Kitty's only writer since Marvel should coordinate all characters' appearances better. But as I said clearly they don't care about little stuff like that now.

As I understand it #600 is supposed to take place at least partially soon after latest UXM and ANXM issues. So that would probably be before SW and Bendis has Kitty desert her family after SW.

LMFAO at Bendis with the dopey first reply. "I don't write X-Men anymore", yeah but you took Kitty Pride for yourself, who else should people ask about her?
    That's like if I said "Hey Bendis, what will Iron Man's relationship with Captain America be like?" and he replied "I don't write Avengers anymore dude"

BANNED

I asked him on tumblr if Kitty would still interact with Magik a while and he answered that would be brought up in UXM 600.

he said he's "not the person to ask." and why exactly is that? is he not the person in charge of kitty pryde?

are you telling me he can find the time to do these sorts of scenes with her "relationship" to peter star-lord, yet he can't do the same for her friends back home? and why is that?

if he's "not the person to ask" then who is exactly?

First of all that page is not even from a Bendis book. Second, Bendis has no obligation to show any kind of little scenes with anyone. He found time to do those scenes with Star-Lord because that was one story that he was and is still developing. Doing random scenes just to remind people she still talks with her friends should not even be necessary. If you want little scenes between her and the X-Men why not go bother Jeff Lemire. He's the one in charge of Nightcrawler, Magik and the main X-book. Why he doesn't do anything. You people make it look like Bendis will fire anyone who dares to use Kitty for a simple cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    I didn't really expect him to feature X-Men or have them involved in his stories. It's pretty obvious that he only wanted to write more Kitty so he took the character because x-office doesn't have any say in the matter if someone wants an x-character for an MCU book. But to me his response indicates mostly that he has no clue what x-offices will do or if they feature Kitty in the books at any point. And that's somethign that he should be aware of as Kitty's only writer since Marvel should coordinate all characters' appearances better. But as I said clearly they don't care about little stuff like that now.

As I understand it #600 is supposed to take place at least partially soon after latest UXM and ANXM issues. So that would probably be before SW and Bendis has Kitty desert her family after SW.
    Obviously Kitty won't be featured in an important story from X-Men. He doesn't really need to know if she will appear in a cameo, certainly he doesn't have the obligation to reveal this information on Twitter to someone he doesn't know. Also, he didn't just want to write "more Kitty", he has a story he has been telling since a year ago that lead to this. It's not Bendis trying to fuel any CompleX ideas.

And using words like "desert" is way out of line.

why would we bother jeff lemire about kitty pryde? he's not the one who has been writing her for the past 3 years, and he's not the one who took her away from x-men.

bendis did his own scenes with kitty and peter star-lord holographic messaging in the pages of all-new x-men so that excuse is not going to fly.

why would we bother jeff lemire about kitty pryde? he's not the one who has been writing her for the past 3 years, and he's not the one who took her away from x-men.
    So just because Bendis wrote Kitty the last 3 years he has to sacrifice panel time (that he has to divide between five other team members, two supporting characters and a few villains) to write a scene with characters that doesn't belong to him anymore and that Guardians fans don't care about? In a book X-fans will probably not even buy?

Just because Lemire didn't write Kitty before, he doesn't have to do anything about it? Despite him being the one in charge of Nightcrawler, Magik, and the book X-fans will read?

bendis did his own scenes with kitty and peter star-lord holographic messaging in the pages of all-new x-men so that excuse is not going to fly.
    Read my previous post again please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    I asked him on tumblr if Kitty would still interact with Magik a while and he answered that would be brought up in UXM 600.
    It sounds like kitty will be bidding farewell to her friends in the pages of uncanny xmen 600. Even though that makes me sad she's leaving, at least we will get an on-panel goodbye rather than her suddenly just not being around anymore.

On another note, it sounds like uncanny 600 has a lot of ground to cover. I bet the pacing is going to be a little too fast for my taste.