Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Where's the love for Justice League 3001?

Jerk Superman who's dating The Flash and thinks he can fly.
    Wonder Woman who likes killing
    Guy Gardner who is in a woman's body
    Egotistical Bruce Wayne
    Supergirl is back
    Lois Lane is evil
    Booster and Beetle, Fire and Ice.

2nd best book that DC has put out.

Always Rakzo

Right here.

I keep promoting this series, it has everything. Good characterization, great content, interesting ideas, enjoyable humour, nice team dynamics, solid reinventions, compelling wordbuilding and really complex art.

If Justice League and Justice League United weren't currently rocking this would be my favorite JL book.

I got a lot of love for JL: 3001. At first I was worried they were going to be too "All heroes are jerks" with it, but turns out it wasn't really ever that bad. You've got some confused but fundamentally decent folks amid the dysfunction.

As I'm a big Ted/Booster fan I admit, I joined up when they did, but the main crew has grown on me some.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really love this book as well. It's among my top five DC titles right now and is hands down my favorite JL title.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It is a great book, but with sales down to 21,000 and DC apparently going into cost savings mode, it may not be around much longer. Not sure why the sales are so low (it is a JL book), maybe because that it is outside of the main DC continuity, so people just skip it. Or because there are 4 JL books right now, it may be simple over saturation with limited comic book budgets . Hopefully it will survive along with Martian Manhunter and Omega Men.
    Last edited by hsalf; 08-27-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    Not sure why the sales are so low (it is a JL book),
    I'm sure it's not the only reason, but a lot of people blame this series for the lacking of a Legion of Super-Heroes book. As if someone in DC offices had said "well, we need a comic showing Justice League on year 3000, but we can only afford one book set in the future at a time, so let's cancel Legion of Super-Heroes!".

And, by the way, Justice League 3000/3001 has been great since the beginning.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I'm sure it's not the only reason, but a lot of people blame this series for the lacking of a Legion of Super-Heroes book. As if someone in DC offices had said "well, we need a comic showing Justice League on year 3000, but we can only afford one book set in the future at a time, so let's cancel Legion of Super-Heroes!".

I'd love to see a new Legion book!

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    I'd love to see a new Legion book!
    Me too! But i guess that a lot of people think that if Justice League 3001 is cancelled, they will magically have their Legion back.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Well if it gets cancelled, it gets cancelled. I'm not going to worry, I'll read it as it goes.

Teri is literally my favourite female character in DC atm. She's like Barry Allen and old Kara mixed together and her and Superman is a funny couple that somehow works.

Literally loving this book. I'm just not known for making thread titles...and I'm kinda broke right now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I honestly used to hate this book, and stopped collecting it.
    Then I read about how good it was on here and picked up back up,
    I can honestly say I fucks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Literally loving this book. I'm just not known for making thread titles...and I'm kinda broke right now.
    struggle real out here.

Fantastic Member

Favorite book DC is putting out right now. I wish it were selling better. This is exactly how I like my DCU -- just a lot of madcap whimsy.

Also, this book is handling character arcs and relationships better than most of DC's "serious" titles.

Eh. It's been good since the beginning, but I don't think it becomes great until after the opening arc, when you can tell someone in editorial really took the shackles off Giffen and co.

Also, Ariel Masters is the greatest League-liaison/director character of all time.
    Last edited by Cipher; 08-27-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Mighty Member

I really love it. The whole cast is just great.

Spectacular Member

Where's the love for any DC title that isn't Batman or the Justice League?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post
    Where's the love for any DC title that isn't Batman or the Justice League?
    This would be a great superhero comic even if it were called "Future Patrol: The Great Silly Space Drought" and starred Sugar and Spike. Don't let the Justice League tag put you off.