Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default I'm Back! Though I Was Never Gone...Lol...

I may have posted twice, not sure...my apologies if I did. I'm back, fell of the planet, and I recognize some old names at DC Boards, I was never a die hard debater nor a troll so I doubt anyone may remember my name..lol. I've liked the WW character. Hello everyone from Titan Theo!

Wonder Woman is what just got me into comic books recently and she is my favorite superhero. I've been on a Wonder Woman binge lately getting almost everything I can find. I'm not sure when I first came across Wonder Woman, when I was little there was the tv show but I never got into that.
    Last edited by lizzy99; 07-17-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Welcome to WW fandom and to the CBR boards!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy99 View Post
    Wonder Woman is what just got me into comic books recently and she is my favorite superhero. I've been on a Wonder Woman binge lately getting almost everything I can find. I'm not sure when I first came across Wonder Woman, when I was little there was the tv show but I never got into that.
    Hi Lizzy - welcome welcome to our lil paradise island.

If I may, what got you into WW and what are you enjoying reading?

For me, Rucka's first run on WW is my favorite. I've re-read it numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Hi Lizzy - welcome welcome to our lil paradise island.

If I may, what got you into WW and what are you enjoying reading?

For me, Rucka's first run on WW is my favorite. I've re-read it numerous times.
    I've been curious about comic books for a while but never really checked them out and have always heard good things about Wonder Woman. And I caught part of a documentary about her recently and started looking more into her and now I am just totally hooked. I love how she is just such a positive character, full of integrity, confidence, and honesty it seems and isn't like macho about things. Just a nice balance of awesome qualities.

I've been getting a lot of stuff from the 80's up to the early 90's along with random one's from 2006 to recently.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy99 View Post
    I've been curious about comic books for a while but never really checked them out and have always heard good things about Wonder Woman. And I caught part of a documentary about her recently and started looking more into her and now I am just totally hooked. I love how she is just such a positive character, full of integrity, confidence, and honesty it seems and isn't like macho about things. Just a nice balance of awesome qualities.

I've been getting a lot of stuff from the 80's up to the early 90's along with random one's from 2006 to recently.
    80's? As in George Perez? I love his stuff, been meaning to re-read it sometime soon. He's one of my 3 G's for WW (Geroge Perez, Greg Rucka, and Gail Simone). Azzarello wrote a great Diana, but trashed the Amazons so bad . Besides, there's not a G in his name, so he doesn't make the list. Jimenez wasn't an experienced writer at the time, and it shows, but his love for WW is contagious.

Like you, WW just has so many characteristics that make it hard not to love her. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Yes, a lot of them are with Perez and the stories are too good. I don't think I have read any of Azzarello's work yet.

All-New Member

Hi! I'm Brooke. I live in Royal Oak, MI.

I have been in love with Wonder Woman all my life. I even had the underoos in the 80s. My mom would also love to show me the Lynda Carter show from the 70s. It wasn't until I was in college did I start to read the comics. I bought a few trades of Phil Jimenez's run and fell in love. I bought whatever trades I could find at the time (book stores did not carry a lot back then). Then I fell outta comics for awhile during a bad marriage. But I picked Wonder Woman back up starting with the Brian Azzarello run (this time buying the single issues).

I decided sometime last year, that I want to go back and read all of Wonder Woman's main comic run history before I hit my 40th birthday (I got 4 more years). I am having fun finding some of the comics that are not available in trade (which I find strange that DC is missing huge chunks of her history in trade format).

Welcome back to WW and welcome to the CBR WW boards!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperB View Post

I have been in love with Wonder Woman all my life. I even had the underoos in the 80s. My mom would also love to show me the Lynda Carter show from the 70s. It wasn't until I was in college did I start to read the comics. I bought a few trades of Phil Jimenez's run and fell in love. I bought whatever trades I could find at the time (book stores did not carry a lot back then). Then I fell outta comics for awhile during a bad marriage. But I picked Wonder Woman back up starting with the Brian Azzarello run (this time buying the single issues).

I decided sometime last year, that I want to go back and read all of Wonder Woman's main comic run history before I hit my 40th birthday (I got 4 more years). I am having fun finding some of the comics that are not available in trade (which I find strange that DC is missing huge chunks of her history in trade format).
    Hi Brooke - welcome aboard!

Reading all of WW's comic history? Wow, that's a big adventure, especially in tracking it all down. Sounds fun.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Welcome, ThumperB! I loved your story, and I wish you luck in your mission to read Diana's history.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about Diana's history? We've got some great Wonder Woman historians right here on the forum. So don't be shy about asking for help. You'll find it's quite easy to come by around here.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Welcome!! Hope you enjoy what you can find They have also released quite a bit in digital format (pretty much everything since 1987 Perez-reboot).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Hello! I'm mostly a Gothamite, but I have a deep love for the Once Princess, Once Goddess (mostly from Rucka's run, if that weren't indication enough). Seeing Rucka come back to Diana has been amazing, and I've enjoyed every issue! I didn't really enjoy how Azzerello's run portrayed Diana or the Amazons, even though it got a lot of positive attention from newer fans (at least, that's my impression).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Hello Wonder Woman fans. My name is Jason Escamilla and I love movies & TV shows!

Hey, Jason, welcome!

Glad to have you on the boards! However, please just post links once and not repeat them in different threads!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin