Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Original Sin #3 Spoilers

Wow this is going to make a lot of people mad. This issue had a game of thrones like moment where something so bad happens tht you can barely believe it. I'm almost afraid to talk about it.

The issue starts with us looking back on how the obscure villains of this series, Orb, Dr. Midas, and Exterminatrix, got together to plan out robbing the watcher. We then cut to the present where the eye bomb goes off not only revealing secrets to all the heroes but everyone in the vicinity of the blast. It's this where we hear all the plot points that will split into tie-ins. However the heroes manage to stop them and get the eye but not before they learn they didn't kill the watcher and that the killer is still loose.

Back with the mini teams, Ant-man, Emma, and Black Panther have found out that the killer has been doing this for years as well as that the bullets are gamma radiated, Punisher and Strange argue but Frank might have a suspect list, and Gamora, Bucky, and Moon Knight find Ego the living planet murdered. However it's around here when things get bad.

As Gamora, Moon Knight, and Bucky leave Bucky blows up their ships and escapes back to earth on his own. Once he gets back he manages to locate Nick Fury (Sr.) in his base, and then kills him while decapitating his head. His final words as he holds up both Nick's head and Uatu's eye is "No more secrets".

... Yeah let that sink in for a moment, Bucky just killed and decapitated Nick Fury of all people. In other words, the Marvel forum is about to go nuts.

This just got a hell of a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-04-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Holy crap, that ending. For why, Bucky?!

BANNED

Huh, so Bucky turns evil after all the times Nick just helped the guy out every chance he had. Pity, guess were stuck with Nick Junior.

I cannot wait for this forum to explode. No one will have the rational mind to just say, "well maybe #4 will explain WTF just happened"

instead it is going to be an explosion of hate.

Cannot wait
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I am trying to think of what Bucky remembered that would make him react this way. Guess this confirms that it's not just those in the blast radius that saw something. Maybe it will be a trickle effect, hitting different people at different times? Super stoked for #4!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I cannot wait for this forum to explode. No one will have the rational mind to just say, "well maybe #4 will explain WTF just happened"

instead it is going to be an explosion of hate.

Cannot wait
    That's why I'm scared, because Nick Fury fans and Bucky fans are going to be pissed.

LMD. Just that.
    Seriously though, it was a cool issue and the ending was surprising but I think is pretty obvious there is more to it.

Astonishing Member

Wait wait wait.

Ugh! Aaron is becoming a bit one-note with his Marvel NOW cosmic serial killers.

Now Remender's going to feel compelled to one-up him in AXIS.

Amazing Member

I'm going to wait until issue 4 or 5 before I explode. We're only three issues in to what is essentially a murder mystery and I was thinking before I picked up the book we were about due for another murder or twist and, lo, got a whale of one in the last couple of pages. Fury may well be dead but, barring mind control, I don't think that's the real Bucky. With the various dead creatures that have been turning up, I'm undecided if they're all tests to create a weapon to kill the Watcher or it's some kind of secret that links all the dead beings.
    Last edited by MrStytch; 06-04-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Why would someone murder Ego?

Yeah, issue #4 is going to have to explain this one. I'm straight up confused.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Um...wow. This is certainly interesting. It has to be mind control. Bucky found out who it was, the person who did it realized it, took control, and killed Fury before he could make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    LMD. Just that.
    Seriously though, it was a cool issue and the ending was surprising but I think is pretty obvious there is more to it.
    Yeah, I can never bring myself to care when Fury "dies" because we all know damn well the guys got a warehouse of LMD's just waiting to be used to fake his death.

Certainly the Bucky thing is fishy... presumably something is up with that. Maybe it's not Bucky or maybe Bucky is being controlled or maybe the Fury he killed is a bad guy or something. It's obviously not as cut and dry as Bucky just killing him for the sake of killing him.

I wonder if Original Sin will be Marvel's Identity Crisis, heralding a darker tone throughout their comics.

BANNED

Did Storm and Scarlet Witch show up?