Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

So...uhm... the big secrets bomb goes off and the one secret that isn't revealed is "who killed the watcher"?

I'm guessing it was Scourge

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    So...uhm... the big secrets bomb goes off and the one secret that isn't revealed is "who killed the watcher"?

I'm guessing it was Scourge

The Watcher didn't see it coming?
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch View Post
    I'm going to wait until issue 4 or 5 before I explode. We're only three issues in to what is essentially a murder mystery and I was thinking before I picked up the book we were about due for another murder or twist and, lo, got a whale of one in the last couple of pages. Fury may well be dead but, barring mind control, I don't think that's the real Bucky. With the various dead creatures that have been turning up, I'm undecided if they're all tests to create a weapon to kill the Watcher or it's some kind of secret that links all the dead beings.
    Buckys a good shot. Maybe he's been practicing so he could get a shot at an esoteric like the Watcher, and appease his own hatred of secrets, by revealing everything, and seeing how everybody likes it? Some future Bucky, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why would someone murder Ego?
    Because you need to kill something that powerful, before you can kill a Watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I can never bring myself to care when Fury "dies" because we all know damn well the guys got a warehouse of LMD's just waiting to be used to fake his death.

Certainly the Bucky thing is fishy... presumably something is up with that. Maybe it's not Bucky or maybe Bucky is being controlled or maybe the Fury he killed is a bad guy or something. It's obviously not as cut and dry as Bucky just killing him for the sake of killing him.
    It could the Fury who hired the Bucky, Strange and Panther teams? It may not be the current Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    What an issue!! I dug the first two issues but this one really blew the roof off the joint. I love how the mystery keeps escalating and how spot on Aaron's dialogue is. All the character's voices and actions are distinct and in character. As for those shocking final pages, I'm sure everything is not as it seems. At the very least, it's questionable as to whether that's the real Nick. After all, earlier in the issue he questions why he didn't see any secrets when the Watcher's eye went off so right there that seems like a tip off that it's not the real Nick. And is it the real Bucky, even? He leaves Moon Knight and Gamora in the lurch but is that him that murders Nick? However things shake out, it was one jaw-dropper of an ending and I can't wait to see where things go from here.
    Certainly, Bucky's actions tend to suggest he is in full support of the OS reveals affecting the MU. Whatever the convoluted plot is, (Let it not be Kang, again, please), someone intended to make a mess of the MU by doing this.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-05-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Best issue so far but the big reveal at the end is utterly meaningless given how little death means in the MU. Watching people get upset over this is about as hilarious as it was when Doc Ock killed Peter Parker since there was no way that one was sticking either.

Its an LMD that thinks its the real Nick Fury. It was wondering why it saw no secrets . . . .well duh because its not the real Nick Fury.
    ...or maybe its because he doesn't have any secrets left to reveal?

It is interesting that Aaron gave Nick Fury Snr a prominent role in OS right from the start, when he introduced Nick at the Coffee house scene at the first Avengers panel. And as the 3 issues, to date, roll out, Nick is there a lot, so something was going to happen with Fury, because I never saw Fury get involved in other Events like he was in this. Nick Fury was supposed to have disappeared into the background while his son takes the limelight, but then this happens and Steve Rogers thinks Fury Snr is the best detective in the MU? Not that convinced Fury is all that knowledgeable, that Rogers would make Fury come out of hiding like that. It must have something to do with "Fury knowing all the secrets", and this is a story about all the secrets.
    Last edited by jackolover; 06-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmidt View Post

i really enjoyed Aaron's Astonishing Wolverine and Spider-Man mini-series which deals with a lot of similar elements: the Orb, Ego the Living Planet, and cosmic murder tools (the Phoenix Gun).
    Do you think there's any connection between the two series, because a lot of those elements are common between both stories? Why were these elements used in Astonishing?

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Why is the question to ask, but it's against the nature of the story structure for the answer to be that obvious right now. If it were, it would have been a missed opportunity for shock, awe, what!?, and theories that stories such as this thrive on. I'm just expecting that when everything is eventually explained, it would probably result in an, "Ohh, that's why he did that. Good job, Bucky!" moment. I mean, he's Bucky, going against something that looks like Nick Fury. It's not like under these circumstances he's going to interrogate him, or call everyone and tell them that Nick Fury is an imposter. He's supposed to be dead, and his accusations wouldn't contain the same wait as Tony Stark or Reed Richards. Plus, everyone thinks that the death of the Watcher is going to lead to something big, so time is of the essence and arguing over a false Fury is poor time management.
    You bring up an interesting prospect. All this time, (3 issues), Bucky has been in play just to kill whoever it is that sent the 3 teams out to investigate. This stops the investigation cold, because the mastermind, Fury, is taken out. It's like a chess game : Watcher is killed, Fury sends teams, stop the teams by killing Fury, new approach. But this outcome, the death of Fury, is the required outcome, for the scheme to carry forward. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    maybe he has done more than that. maybe he has used Bucky as a weapon in the past. and now the truth is out.
    Good point. If Fury has been Buckys mastermind ever since his return, and making Bucky do stuff he didn't know about, this would be why Aaron thanked Brubaker in the first issue. Now all it needs for us to work out is why Aaron thanked Heinberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Fury used Bucky to kill the Watcher in order to steal or keep a secret safe. The plan fell apart. Bucky found out. Killed Fury as a part of revenge. Either everyone finds out in the end or in a shocking twist, no one ever does. The murder is covered up. Bucky goes on the run from here on out.
    Why would an elder Fury hire Bucky, who would discover he's been manipulated, and thus, get Fury elder killed? It's not efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Haven't the majority of Marvel's books been darker in tone ever since "Avengers Disassembled?" I might be wrong, but it seems like around that time was when Marvel started going "darker" and creating all of these event after event scenarios and killing off characters left and right.
    Bendis' Secret War was the first Darker Event that I can recall, and Original Sin fits perfectly with the overall murky feel of that first Event, too, now that I think about it. Dellotto gave Secret War that displaced feel about it, where everything in the MU had to be stalled, while the SW took place, much like OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Deadpool is saner and in a somewhat happer place than he's ever been. I don't think he wants to mess anything up.

We know it's not just Bucky. We know that it has to be multiple people, unless Bucky has a time-travel device. Now, what are Bucky's motivations? To erase his many, many sins? Just because he's angry? And how can we know what the motivations of the other people in the group are?
    Bucky seems to have a teleporting device though. Why did his team need a vehicle if they had a teleporting device?

Black Cats lucky shot is also a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Black Cats lucky shot is also a possibility.
    Well, if that counts, then Rachel, Psylocke, Taskmaster, Jean Grey, and Hope also could be the murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    ...or maybe its because he doesn't have any secrets left to reveal?
    Yeah, this. If he was an LMD who didn't know he was an LMD (which they almost never do, for the sake of maximum efficiency), it stands to reason he would have found out about his own identity at the time. It's real Fury.

I can feel my Hate Words churning.
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 06-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.