Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wonder if Original Sin will be Marvel's Identity Crisis, heralding a darker tone throughout their comics.
    Marvel's been running with the darker tone thing for awhile though. I'd argue since Disassembled at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did Storm and Scarlet Witch show up?
    Storm is only there when the secrets are released. No dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wonder if Original Sin will be Marvel's Identity Crisis, heralding a darker tone throughout their comics.
    Even darker than it already is?

Peace

BANNED

One LMD and Two Bucky could be under another influence that is controlling his body and actions.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I suspect you're right Cmbmool.

Really hoping that was a LMD or Bucky's being brainwashed cause otherwise...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbarnes View Post
    Really hoping that was a LMD or Bucky's being brainwashed cause otherwise...
    You wouldn't be very happy? (I'm assuming that's what the ''otherwise'' is)

You know, I haven't read a story where Fury's LMD bites it. Do the LMDs bleed like in this issue? I only remeber Hill's obviously mechanical one during Secret Invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    One LMD and Two Bucky could be under another influence that is controlling his body and actions.

All-New Member

i found this bit confusing, it might be me or the pacing or the layout, but....

Moon Knight and Gamora are completely clueless about their whereabouts and the significance of all the shell casings surrounding them. it takes Bucky to make the connection and show them they're on a living planet and their killer is working on a cosmic scale. and right after he realizes that and shows them that, he disappears to off Fury. Gamora and Moon Knight, the two who had no idea what they're dealing with, suddenly pin it on Bucky. the guy who led them there. the art gave no indication that Bucky received a 'sinful' memory, just that his little purple hand signal went off. then he blows the plane up. um, okay?

i'll wait until it's all said and done but so far it's just another familiar mash-up of Jason Aaron-esque zaniness that i really don't care for.

BANNED

What an issue!! I dug the first two issues but this one really blew the roof off the joint. I love how the mystery keeps escalating and how spot on Aaron's dialogue is. All the character's voices and actions are distinct and in character. As for those shocking final pages, I'm sure everything is not as it seems. At the very least, it's questionable as to whether that's the real Nick. After all, earlier in the issue he questions why he didn't see any secrets when the Watcher's eye went off so right there that seems like a tip off that it's not the real Nick. And is it the real Bucky, even? He leaves Moon Knight and Gamora in the lurch but is that him that murders Nick? However things shake out, it was one jaw-dropper of an ending and I can't wait to see where things go from here.

I feel like there are two Buckys right now. I don't have the issue in front of me but I think the scene with the mysterious (evil) boss and the shooter is happening at the same time as Bucky, Gamora, and Moon Knight on the living planet. The shooter looks like Bucky.

I'm also assuming Nick Fury was an LMD.

Spectacular Member

ill be waiting for this to hit marvel unlimited, but nick supposedly died in another event a long time ago before bringing him back. if it is him he will be back eventually. Not into these shock deaths though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmidt View Post
    i found this bit confusing, it might be me or the pacing or the layout, but....

Moon Knight and Gamora are completely clueless about their whereabouts and the significance of all the shell casings surrounding them. it takes Bucky to make the connection and show them they're on a living planet and their killer is working on a cosmic scale. and right after he realizes that and shows them that, he disappears to off Fury. Gamora and Moon Knight, the two who had no idea what they're dealing with, suddenly pin it on Bucky. the guy who led them there. the art gave no indication that Bucky received a 'sinful' memory, just that his little purple hand signal went off. then he blows the plane up. um, okay?
    Well, his purple hand signal didn't go off, he activated a device on his wrist that triggers the explosive on the ship. He activates it after mulling over the green bullet that they discover and moments earlier we see him flashing on an image of a figure in a space suit with an enormous gun blasting the living planet. I believe this image is from Bucky's mind so either he committed this crime himself at an earlier point (maybe under mind control) or he has a good idea of who did do it. At any rate, discovering the murdered planet evidently sets him off.

As for MK and Gamora's reaction, they start to get suspicious of Bucky when he seems to know more than they do. Then he vanishes and seconds later the ship blows up. Definitely sketchy behavior that would lead to some immediate finger pointing from them to Bucky.

By the way, I love the idea of a murderer who kills on such a cosmic scale that he (or she) killed a living planet. That's the kind of outrageous, comic book-y touch that makes this series a blast.

I got my issue early and had been trying to keep it in... but once more with feeling:

WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS?! Two of my favorite characters, one dead by the other's hand. What is going ooooon?!

/cough

All in all it was a good issue, the ending definitely upped the tempo. Can't wait for #4!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

By the way, I love the idea of a murderer who kills on such a cosmic scale that he (or she) killed a living planet. That's the kind of outrageous, comic book-y touch that makes this series a blast.
    See, my issue with that plot point is that Aaron just did a similar story with Gorr in his Thor run. I mean, when he's killing gods that wrestle black holes, this just seems too much like a retread.