Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    See, my issue with that plot point is that Aaron just did a similar story with Gorr in his Thor run. I mean, when he's killing gods that wrestle black holes, this just seems too much like a retread.
    Some similarities, perhaps, but the reveal here was perfect ("We're looking for a corpse? We're standing on it.") and it's a discovery that immediately vaults the investigation to another level. Or, as Moon Knight puts it, "We're gonna need to call in the...the...everybody on this."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, his purple hand signal didn't go off, he activated a device on his wrist that triggers the explosive on the ship. He activates it after mulling over the green bullet that they discover and moments earlier we see him flashing on an image of a figure in a space suit with an enormous gun blasting the living planet. I believe this image is from Bucky's mind so either he committed this crime himself at an earlier point (maybe under mind control) or he has a good idea of who did do it. At any rate, discovering the murdered planet evidently sets him off.

As for MK and Gamora's reaction, they start to get suspicious of Bucky when he seems to know more than they do. Then he vanishes and seconds later the ship blows up. Definitely sketchy behavior that would lead to some immediate finger pointing from them to Bucky.

By the way, I love the idea of a murderer who kills on such a cosmic scale that he (or she) killed a living planet. That's the kind of outrageous, comic book-y touch that makes this series a blast.
    ok. so maybe the memory was that vision of the shooter. Bucky is the prime candidate for being manipulated and brainwashed. so i can see him having to cover his tracks. like i said, i'll give it until the end before i start tacking up all of the clues, but so far some of the course of actions feel a little forced to usher the story along. MK and Gamora are basically there for no reason except for exposition and to further this supposed red herring. it is intriguing, don't get me wrong, i'm just not digging the characterization i guess.

i really enjoyed Aaron's Astonishing Wolverine and Spider-Man mini-series which deals with a lot of similar elements: the Orb, Ego the Living Planet, and cosmic murder tools (the Phoenix Gun).

BANNED

Besides wondering the truth of what went down at the end of this issue, the really big question that gets introduced here is "who has the other eye?"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Besides wondering the truth of what went down at the end of this issue, the really big question that gets introduced here is "who has the other eye?"
    and even still, who killed the Watcher? who are the Unseen?

I'm hating Aaron and Deodato right now!
    http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...051.jpg?9098e0
    Last edited by Winterboy; 06-04-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why would someone murder Ego?
    Trying to be Humble?

So I guess Nick is gone for good. Yup no way this will be undone.

So why didn't Fury see any secrets as the others? Might be an indication that it was not the genuine article, he just was not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why would someone murder Ego?
    Target practice?

Although this is a weird killing spree this murderer has gone on. So far he/she has killed monsters, inter-dimensional demons, living planets, and the Watcher with gamma radiation bullets. Who the heck is capable of all that?

Dang.

Fury SR. is definitely dead, all that blood not an LMD.

Fury Jr. will definitely avenge his father your days are numbered Bucky.

Bet nobody saw this coming
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No-brainer: the reason why Fury couldn't see anything is that he is a LMD, he's just unaware of it.

Although against it is the fact Marvel wants to get rid of the old man.

Also, Ego isn't dead; Gamora says it's a living planet LIKE Ego.

Are there other living planets? I thought ego was the only one.

Spectacular Member

Why does that Blleding Cool pic make it look like Bucky's wearing a metal cod piece. Is that the real crime?

The J-man

I smell shenanigans in the next issue regarding the ending in this one.