Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    The real Fury was the one looking at Bucky and Moon Knight with the shadowy figure, who is probably Quake or Black Widow. Bucky is close enough to Nick Fury to have figured it out, and took out the imposter Fury that Cap was working with. I mean really, Nick Fury's last words to Bucky is "I never liked you". That's as plausible as Cap saying that after being killed by Jim Hammond.
    Well, theoretically, he never liked the post-Winter Soldier Bucky.

But the real question is less about what was it that was killed, and more why did Bucky do it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why would someone murder Ego?
    It wasn't Ego. Specifically mentioned to be an Ego-like entity. "I've seen worlds like this before. Sentient ecosystems. Like Ego the Living Planet." Emphasis mine.

But really, why wouldn't someone murder Ego? Ego's a jerk.

Please, let this Fury be an LMD or impostor. I don't want Marvel forcing us to like Fury Jr.

so this is how marvel makes the jump from nick to jr

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Are there other living planets? I thought ego was the only one.
    Not really. Just a couple years back they introduced Alter Ego, created by The Stranger, who when we last saw him was a moon of Ego. But Ego is an Elder of the Universe, thus supposed to be undying.

And a long time ago, Dr. Strange fought a sentient planet, Kathulos, but that could have been something else entirely.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Well, theoretically, he never liked the post-Winter Soldier Bucky.

But the real question is less about what was it that was killed, and more why did Bucky do it?
    I don't see it. Nick Fury has often played the role of Bucky's friend and adviser since his return. Far more than he has expressed any disdain. As for why Bucky did it, probably because it was the smart thing to do. This entire issue has portrayed Bucky with a higher level of intellectual competence than normal.

Fantastic Member

I don't see it. Nick Fury has often played the role of Bucky's friend and adviser since his return. Far more than he has expressed any disdain. As for why Bucky did it, probably because it was the smart thing to do. This entire issue has portrayed Bucky with a higher level of intellectual competence than normal.
    Yeah, but Fury's a spy. He compartmentalizes.

I'm not really saying it's the case, either. I don't buy that it's Fury. But then, why is it the smart thing to do? It's easy enough to say, I'm saying why, as in the actual reason, not "he did it because Bucky is right."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Are there other living planets? I thought ego was the only one.
    Ego, as an Elder, is the last of his race. But that doesn't mean other sentient worlds unrelated to Ego don't exist. Gamora looks relatively human -- she is not. Same thing.

Mighty Member

Why is the question to ask, but it's against the nature of the story structure for the answer to be that obvious right now. If it were, it would have been a missed opportunity for shock, awe, what!?, and theories that stories such as this thrive on. I'm just expecting that when everything is eventually explained, it would probably result in an, "Ohh, that's why he did that. Good job, Bucky!" moment. I mean, he's Bucky, going against something that looks like Nick Fury. It's not like under these circumstances he's going to interrogate him, or call everyone and tell them that Nick Fury is an imposter. He's supposed to be dead, and his accusations wouldn't contain the same wait as Tony Stark or Reed Richards. Plus, everyone thinks that the death of the Watcher is going to lead to something big, so time is of the essence and arguing over a false Fury is poor time management.

Obvious fake out with Fury being killed. Still a lot of questions being raised with no answers yet. Mystery only getting deeper.

And now the tie-in issues can start going off this plot point. Still wondering when the other eye will come into play.

Actually LIKES comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No-brainer: the reason why Fury couldn't see anything is that he is a LMD, he's just unaware of it.

Although against it is the fact Marvel wants to get rid of the old man.

Also, Ego isn't dead; Gamora says it's a living planet LIKE Ego.
    Ok, I was hoping somebody that thinks rationally would state this. It occurred to me pretty quick, along with the fact that the secret guy in the shadows looks so much like Fury too.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This was so bad that it hurt

BANNED

maybe he has done more than that. maybe he has used Bucky as a weapon in the past. and now the truth is out.

Long-time loiterer

I don't even know where to start.
    As I read through it the first time, I kept on thinking there were hints that Fury was the killer somehow, or at least the mysterious boss. But then there are times which point out he would have to be in two places at once.
    Looking at everyone else's ideas (apologies for the repetition), and having re-read, I'm wondering if the 'Mysterious Boss' is an aged Fury, without the infinity formula keeping him young, and all his associates are just LMDs, several running around.
    Fury's old; he could have been at this for decades. He's more connected than most. And as one of Earth's prime defenders, he would almost definitely have reasoning for killing all of these various victims. And frankly, I find it hard to believe that Bucky would somehow know all of this cosmic stuff, if he also hadn't realised that it was Fury who (maybe) did it. He can't be that well informed, right?

It just hurts to think about.

Nick Fury is as dead as Jean Grey. C'mon folks, are we all new here?