Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I still think that the mysterious boss is the REAL Nick Fury and the killer not Bucky , and Bucky just killed the LMD that we thought was Fury to send him a message:
    "No more hiding"
    "No more running from our sins"
    "No more turning a blind eye."
    "No more secrets."
    I guess that Bucky is just tired of EVERYONE acting as a bunch of hypocrites !"#$%&/&/.
    Maybe this is gonna be the marvel's versión of wiki-leaks.

So basically, this is their way to tell us *Shut up and be happy with Nick Fury jr*
    Assheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No-brainer: the reason why Fury couldn't see anything is that he is a LMD, he's just unaware of it.

Although against it is the fact Marvel wants to get rid of the old man.

Also, Ego isn't dead; Gamora says it's a living planet LIKE Ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Are there other living planets? I thought ego was the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I haven't read this yet, but I don't believe that is Nick Fury Sr. for a second. I'm sure this is an LMD.

Exactly. It's an established aspect of the Winter Soldier, that a single word trigger will make Bucky revert to his Soviet programming and answer to others' commands (Faustus did this to Bucky around CA 31 or so.) Yes, Bucky asked Tony to remove all those subconscious triggers, but who is to say there are not others embedded deeper in his subconscious?

OR

as others have suggested, Bucky discovered an imposter Nick Fury and dispatched him.

Something else to note, this is happening very quickly AFTER Captain America: The Winter Soldier so it would not surprise me that Marvel wouldn't want to try to make Buck a villain again.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Well, theoretically, he never liked the post-Winter Soldier Bucky.

But the real question is less about what was it that was killed, and more why did Bucky do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    maybe he has done more than that. maybe he has used Bucky as a weapon in the past. and now the truth is out.
    Reathe rthan reply at all, I prefer use there smart post to make up some theory about what we've seen so far.
    Bucky , the Winter Soldier, has some, uhhm, trouble with mind control, to the point that he don't trust himself that much.
    Nick Fury behaviour had always been shady, but he ha dbecome oddly erratic and shadier prior his disappearences, also he is a man with thousand of secrets. And yet he see nothing when the "Secret Bomb" go off.
    He acted as advisor to bucky when he tried to return to normal life, even if they were not that close before.
    M theory is that Nick didn't rely just on LMD, or not just the old mechanical LMD(seen last time he faked his death). Also he has sued lot of LMD just to run his day by day job at times. Why?
    Now look at the guy in shadow who pull the strings. He is very nick fury like in behaviour, but with more odler look, hair expecially give a much less youthful vibe.
    So is possible that the infinity serum that granted him longevity had stopped to work some times ago(not necessary too much time ago) and had used advanced LMD as well as Brainwashed friends(not limited to Bucky...remeber the secret war to Latveria?) to do the job he felt needed to be done but couldn't do anymore in first person.
    Infact Nick Fury recent exploits had always been about fixing some mistakes of his past or something he had overlooked for too long.
    And now he had decided to deal with the cosmic entities who had manipulated way too much humankind's fate (Uatu is the ultimate quantistic observer. He don't need to be visible at all, and yet he ALWAYS make himself visible. WHY?!? It automatically alter the events he is observing!).
    Is possible that Bucky had realized this in flashback and see that HE was used as killer by one of his supposed friend. his reaction could be understandable if not justifiable.
    But this si just my silly premature theory that has great chance to be so wrong that more wrong couldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I still think that the mysterious boss is the REAL Nick Fury and the killer not Bucky , and Bucky just killed the LMD that we thought was Fury to send him a message:
    "No more hiding"
    "No more running from our sins"
    "No more turning a blind eye."
    "No more secrets."
    I guess that Bucky is just tired of EVERYONE acting as a bunch of hypocrites !"#$%&/&/.
    Maybe this is gonna be the marvel's versión of wiki-leaks.
    Yep, Fury is the mysterious boss. It was obviously not Fury since he couldn't see anything with the eyes.

The Bucky stuff was weird
    We need better comics

BANNED

A rational explanation for Bucky's behavior could be that some Nick Fury (the real one? an LMD that believes he's the real deal?) mind controlled him in order to have him kill the Watcher and other cosmic beings. In the Strange/Punisher part of the book we are told only ten people on hearth are so good at shooting, I would say Winter Soldier's definitely one of them. Being at the crime scene could have helped Bucky remember, or studying the scene (bullets trajectory and all) he could have recognized his own shooting style. Would be fun if a fake Fury is behind everything and now he has killed the real one

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    A rational explanation for Bucky's behavior could be that some Nick Fury (the real one? an LMD that believes he's the real deal?) mind controlled him in order to have him kill the Watcher and other cosmic beings. In the Strange/Punisher part of the book we are told only ten people on hearth are so good at shooting, I would say Winter Soldier's definitely one of them. Being at the crime scene could have helped Bucky remember, or studying the scene (bullets trajectory and all) he could have recognized his own shooting style. Would be fun if a fake Fury is behind everything and now he has killed the real one
    I'm thinking the same thing. Fury used Bucky to kill the Watcher in order to steal or keep a secret safe. The plan fell apart. Bucky found out. Killed Fury as a part of revenge. Either everyone finds out in the end or in a shocking twist, no one ever does. The murder is covered up. Bucky goes on the run from here on out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Nick Fury is as dead as Jean Grey. C'mon folks, are we all new here?
    Jean's been dead for... what, like a decade now?

Fantastic Member

Random thought that probably means nothing. But when you're in the Marvel Universe and mention a killer who never misses a shot, like specifically mention that they never miss a shot, nine times out of ten you're talking about one guy. Generally fights Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Reathe rthan reply at all, I prefer use there smart post to make up some theory about what we've seen so far.
    Bucky , the Winter Soldier, has some, uhhm, trouble with mind control, to the point that he don't trust himself that much.
    Nick Fury behaviour had always been shady, but he ha dbecome oddly erratic and shadier prior his disappearences, also he is a man with thousand of secrets. And yet he see nothing when the "Secret Bomb" go off.
    He acted as advisor to bucky when he tried to return to normal life, even if they were not that close before.
    M theory is that Nick didn't rely just on LMD, or not just the old mechanical LMD(seen last time he faked his death). Also he has sued lot of LMD just to run his day by day job at times. Why?
    Now look at the guy in shadow who pull the strings. He is very nick fury like in behaviour, but with more odler look, hair expecially give a much less youthful vibe.
    So is possible that the infinity serum that granted him longevity had stopped to work some times ago(not necessary too much time ago) and had used advanced LMD as well as Brainwashed friends(not limited to Bucky...remeber the secret war to Latveria?) to do the job he felt needed to be done but couldn't do anymore in first person.
    Infact Nick Fury recent exploits had always been about fixing some mistakes of his past or something he had overlooked for too long.
    And now he had decided to deal with the cosmic entities who had manipulated way too much humankind's fate (Uatu is the ultimate quantistic observer. He don't need to be visible at all, and yet he ALWAYS make himself visible. WHY?!? It automatically alter the events he is observing!).
    Is possible that Bucky had realized this in flashback and see that HE was used as killer by one of his supposed friend. his reaction could be understandable if not justifiable.
    But this si just my silly premature theory that has great chance to be so wrong that more wrong couldn't be.
    I just want to say great job with that speculation ... that was exactly what occurred to me as well about Nick Fury and what he might think about cosmic entities.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lindstreet View Post
    Nick commented about having more secrets than anyone and wondered why he didn't see anything. He didn't see anything because he is a LMD. I think Bucky realized Nick is behind it, with himself as the possible brainwashed shooter or figuring out who the shooter is. Knowing it was a LMD, Bucky sent Nick a message by killing it and telling him "no more secrets".

Nick is possibly the shadowed gray haired man, now aged without the infinity formula in his veins. I believe this was foreshadowed in the first issue when Cap was talking to the "LMD" about not having the formula any longer.
    I like this idea a lot, and can COMPLETELY see it being true.

Blows up the ship and strands Gamora and Moon Knight to basically throw a wrench in his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Nick Fury is as dead as Jean Grey. C'mon folks, are we all new here?
    Yeah its not like Jean Grey's still dead after a decade or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Random thought that probably means nothing. But when you're in the Marvel Universe and mention a killer who never misses a shot, like specifically mention that they never miss a shot, nine times out of ten you're talking about one guy. Generally fights Daredevil.
    Nah, I can't see Stilt-Man being the guy.

So he cut the head off why, is he going to put it on a robot body so he can control Fury, or try and dissect the brain and learn every secret Fury knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth2Invincible View Post
    Yeah its not like Jean Grey's still dead after a decade or anything.
    Right, its not like Bendis brought another Jean Grey forward into time or anything just to get her back. You say retcon, I say time-travel, retcon, time-travel, lets call the whole thing off.

And then there has been to me the weird spectacle of a comic showing a death such as Ultimate Captain America only for fandom to be unsure since there are so many plausible outs, so that Marvel creators and editorial actually have to use to the Internet to confirm, "Yep he's a goner!"