Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default POLL: Are You Team Captain America, or Team Iron Man in "Civil War"?

Based on reports of how the sides break down in "Captain America: Civil War," which side are you rooting for?

Full article here.

Well. Since I'm a HUGE Captain America fan, it's pretty obvious I'm on his side. The only way I wouldn't be, is if he was DRASTICALLY wrong. Like thinking all puppies should die, or something.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

No idea. Can't pragmatically pick a side without knowing the details surrounding why they are fighting.

BANNED

Iron Man all the way. Cap's line of thinking is good and all, but it's in no way realistic.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Nothing Against Team Iron Man or Anyone that supports them;

But without any Question I am Team Captain America!!!

125% all the Way, Not just cause Scarlet Witch is on the Team Either, Although that is a Good Reason why to be!

It is cause I believe in Capt's Side of what the Argument will be and his ideals behind it. Same was with the Original Comic Book Series!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Team Captain America. Mainly because it's a choice between Robert Douchebag Jr and Chris Evans.
    PS: This is not meant as a dig on Downey JR, who went on to imprint his snarky personality on the comic IM, but as a compliment on Evans charisma, who in fact manages to give us a better version of Captain America than the actual comic book has managed to do so in years.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 08-27-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Team Cap.

For all Tony's intellect, he's shown astounding poor judgement whenever he's had time to 'think' and 'plan'. Being an overprotective mommy/big brother won't be appealing and won't be the right way to go here either.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

125% all the Way, Not just cause Scarlet Witch is on the Team Either, Although that is a Good Reason why to be!

It is cause I believe in Capt's Side of what the Argument will be and his ideals behind it. Same was with the Original Comic Book Series!

20868.jpg
    We salute you!!!!
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Mmmm yes! I couldn't agree more! While I do like some of Tony's side (Vision in particular) I just love everyone on Cap's side including him, Sharon, Clint and the great Wanda! Not to mention Cap's side is more incredibly sexy with Elizabeth Olsen and my husband Chris Evans in it!

LOL...thought that was Mockingbird for a minute.

Anywhoooo....The man with the plan...Captain America.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Team Tony!!!

Ultimate Member

I do sometimes wonder how they are going to throw a curve and have Cap, the responsible one who works for the government, be *pro-Registration,* and Tony, the ornery guy who told the Senate 'you can't have it!' regarding their attempt to regulate his Iron Man technology be *anti-Registration,* as their MCU personalities would lean, rather than force them into some sort of convoluted positions similar to the comic book Civil War, which would literally make no sense for the MCU characters, as established.

MCU Tony, who turns Senate hearings into three-ring circuses, being pro-'let's have the government tell me how I can use my tech!' seems, on the face of it, absurd.

Im going to side with the one that sounds less hypocritical.

Niffleheim

I need a valid reason to cast my vote for either of them. Just being Cap or Iron Man isn't enough.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I do sometimes wonder how they are going to throw a curve and have Cap, the responsible one who works for the government, be *pro-Registration,* and Tony, the ornery guy who told the Senate 'you can't have it!' regarding their attempt to regulate his Iron Man technology be *anti-Registration,* as their MCU personalities would lean, rather than force them into some sort of convoluted positions similar to the comic book Civil War, which would literally make no sense for the MCU characters, as established.

MCU Tony, who turns Senate hearings into three-ring circuses, being pro-'let's have the government tell me how I can use my tech!' seems, on the face of it, absurd.
    Captain America already had a Civil War-ish conflict with SHIELD and the government in the last Captain America movie. Heck, he shut down SHIELD over it, so it's pretty beleivable that he wouldn't want to be under government control.

Stark being pro-government is a bit trickier. Though I assume similar to the comic, Stark would be okay with the Registration as long as he gets to be in charge of it. Really that's key.