Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've been loving the hell out of Nailbiter, so I'll be checking this out day 1.

BANNED

Wouldn't mind seeing these guys come into conflict with Boomerang's gang. Even if not, does sound interesting.

All-New Member

In confused about the comments about Black Ant. They're talking like Black Ant is THE Eric O' Grady, but I thought that he was just an evil robot impersonating the late Eric O' Grady? Is that wrong?

Finally Marvel is making use of its villains hopefully this will sway other writers to stop writing hero vs hero stories and maybe ban the concept entirely. Though that last part won't happen but suspending for at least 5 years would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I never knew that Thunderball was supposed to be smart?
    His debut with the Wrecking Crew back in Defenders was based around the new team trying to get a hold of an improved gamma device that outdid Banner's work and that Thunderball had designed. After that, writers tended to let the visual dominate in how he'd be treated.

This interview's gotten me interested in sampling the series. I don't like villain books in general and nearly every time I try one I'm out in months but Williamson makes it sound good enough to at least give it a shot. If it loses me too it's only a few bucks...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    I see someone post this comment on every new interview for an ANAD book. Did everyone just convince themselves that the new lineup was terrible based on the covers?
    Well that goes both ways. Did people convince themselves that it would be good based on the covers?

If those people you mentioned are like me, they probably decided that a good idea was to not buy more than a certain number of books. Now, with solid input from the creators and some awesome interior samples, I'm bumping a title out of my try pile and probably won't go back for it unless one I get doesn't work for me.

I really like what i read in the interview. I'll check it out when it comes out, but i won't add it to my pull list just yet, as there are still a bunch of new titles to be announced. With every new Marvel title at 4 bucks, i simply don't give a chance to a new title unless i have a good degree of confidence in the creative team involved, which isn't exactly the case here. And then if i do like it enough to buy, i'll most probably end up trade waiting.
    Pull list:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

I was never a fan of Bendis's Hood and like dearly departed Eric O'Grady over the Black Ant robot but I love the rest of the cast and am a huge fan of the villain centric comics so I'll give it a try.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

How is this not a Cabal and an Illuminati?
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

They just said in the inteview. It´s because the name was free an The Hood wants it because he thinks he deserves it and f*** who disagrees.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Who knows, hopefully the writer explains it in its moment.

Personally I will buy the book because of the Enchantress, my only interest. If the book it is enough good and has a good vibe I will follow.

Spectacular Member

Williamson's take on Eric O'Grady sounds exactly like what I didn't want to see happen to him after Remender killed him and brought him back as an LMD. O'Grady's appeal, to me, was that he honestly wanted to be a hero, he just happened to be selfish, cowardly, and incredibly lazy; luckily for him, the cards almost always fell in his favor. Being one of the worst superheroes made him stand out. Now he's just another villain, and apparently more vicious than the Hood, who made his name by assaulting Tigra, threatening to kill her mother, and having Jigsaw videotape it.

I like the idea behind the book, and it may all work really well, but I'm probably going to take this off my list of pulls. I really don't want to read about Eric O'Grady being an out-and-out supervillain.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    Because the word illuminati is widely recognised whereas most people won't know the meaning of the word cabal?

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Yep, this sounds great, I'm in.

Good to see my boy Iron Fist in the preview art too!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zartan's Brother View Post
    Williamson's take on Eric O'Grady sounds exactly like what I didn't want to see happen to him after Remender killed him and brought him back as an LMD. O'Grady's appeal, to me, was that he honestly wanted to be a hero, he just happened to be selfish, cowardly, and incredibly lazy; luckily for him, the cards almost always fell in his favor. Being one of the worst superheroes made him stand out. Now he's just another villain, and apparently more vicious than the Hood, who made his name by assaulting Tigra, threatening to kill her mother, and having Jigsaw videotape it.

I like the idea behind the book, and it may all work really well, but I'm probably going to take this off my list of pulls. I really don't want to read about Eric O'Grady being an out-and-out supervillain.
    I feel the same about Eric, but this is not him. He could come back from the dead and oppose this LMD, for all we know.

And I wouldn't judge the Hood by that Bendis story.