Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My only problem with Wolverine is that he is used in every book conceivable, it seems.

That, and well he's like crabgrass... never goes away.

Sure, there's spoilers out that he's going to be killed, but does anyone honestly think that'll be permanent?

My recommended fix is to use him a bit more judiciously at least, and there's no need to kill him (and subsequently bring him back).

He shouldn't be in a leader position, plain and simple. His whole appeal in the first place was that he was a bit of a loose cannon who often struck off on his own. He's way out of his depth at the moment. His rivalry with Cyclops is childish and repetitive, and it overshadows other characters who are treated like herded sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    He's right. These guys would never kill Cyclops.

And [spoi][/spoi]

with the Ls in spoil of course.
    Thanks a bunch!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    He shouldn't be in a leader position, plain and simple. His whole appeal in the first place was that he was a bit of a loose cannon who often struck off on his own. He's way out of his depth at the moment. His rivalry with Cyclops is childish and repetitive, and it overshadows other characters who are treated like herded sheep.
    This. (ten)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Yeah, serious fatigue across the board.

I love the character (pre-2001 anyway) and I think it's definitely time for other X characters to step up to the plate. I just hope they're not his clones, children whatever...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

He is my favorite character and I don't want to see him die. I think that it is crappy of marvel to do this to the fans of Wolverine. Some of us have bought his comics for over twenty years. Now I know how the fans of Superman,Batman,Nova,Spiderman and any other character that this kind of shit has happened too feel. The solution to the problem is simple write the character the same in every book. DC does it with superman and batman. Why can't marvel do it with Wolverine?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

To add, I don't think Wolverine needs to be killed but I think some time off away from the X-books (just stick to solo) and a unified focus from the writers on how Logan is to be portrayed would do him good because his characterization and motivations are all over the map.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-04-2014 at 08:53 PM.

All of Marvels creative team need to read Chris Claremont's,Larry Hama'sand anyone else who wrote him before Marvel decided to over use him. They do not have to remove Wolverine from circulation. Just write good stories with him.