Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As others said, this issue delivers. The 1st issue was not a fluke at all. Rucka did outstanding work with the dialogue. We need him on a team book. Really enjoying this series.

I thought the art was not as sharp as it was in the prior issue but it's still quite good for the series.

Another solid issue from Rucka. I am really liking Tyke and hope this book sells so I can continue enjoying Cyke as I remember him growing up.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    As others said, this issue delivers. The 1st issue was not a fluke at all. Rucka did outstanding work with the dialogue. We need him on a team book. Really enjoying this series.

I thought the art was not as sharp as it was in the prior issue but it's still quite good for the series.
    Rucka should have been the first writer approached to take on X-Men with Wood's departure.

Well I think it's safe to say that the first issue was not a fluke. The second issue was every bit as awesome, continuing with the same tone and the same quality. Any series can have one really good issue. It's the basic law of averages. But to create a series that flows beautifully from one issue to another like this one did, that's something special.

I feel like this issue was a natural progression in that O5 Cyclops got to shine more. He got to meet a cute alien girl in Vass. He also got to put that Badoon sword to good use. Why Cyclops needs a sword is beyond me, but I'm not complaining. He put it go good use in protecting his father. Speaking of which, the plot about Corsair's health continues to unfold, albeit without a full explanation. I'm as curious as everyone else as to how he came back from the dead. I'm glad that this isn't being glossed over. It feels like it's building to something bigger. Maybe we'll see that in the next issue.

I'm amazed at how great this series has been in just two issues. I remember not long ago there was a thread debating whether Cyclops could hold down a solo series. I was among those who argued that he couldn't. Well, these two issues of his new solo series are proving me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that. I wouldn't put this issue on the same level as the first, but it's pretty darn close. I did a full review of it on my blog. If anyone is interested and if it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Amazing issue, I hate young Cyclops but I love this book so much and Corsair is amazing. I also love that the sword Cyclops got in the last issue hasn't been forgotten.

Seriously this is the best book Marvel has.

BANNED

young Cyclops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current Cyclops

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    young Cyclops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current Cyclops
    Is it me or do all the Storm fans hate Cyclops lol?

Also Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>Mohawk Storm.
    Last edited by Neowing; 06-04-2014 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Is it me or do all the Storm fans hate Cyclops lol?

Also Storm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>Mohawk Storm.
    This issue was stellar. Just the right pacing. The art was great for an intergalactic feel (Tyke needs some new clothes though). One of the best titles Marvel has on the X-men line as a whole.
    Interested to see how they explain Corsair's rebirth and with Rucka onboard I am confident it will make sense (as much as it can in X-men).

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

the glamour title of the franchise. This thing is sumptuous.

Fantastic Member

This issue has been really wonderful. It's funny seeing Scott still dressed like he's on earth. I like how we got to see so many different alien species that can come into play again at some point. This book is going to stay a highlight of the X-franchise if it stays at this level.

One: Tyke's idea of time off: having a choco-milkshake with a girl. Nice.
    Two: His clothing. Perfectly captures Tyke's character. Total dork.
    Three: I am soooo buying the tpb.

Another success, though I still have my concerns for how long this will truly be gripping.

A strange thing is after this issue I almost had a complete shift in perspective. I'm now more interested in Corsair trying to play daddy, than Scotty growing up.

BANNED

I would buy a book of just the covers...those are sick!

I like regular Cyke infinitely more than Tyke but this is great and I'm excited to see where this story is going

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Eh, I think Rucka was particularly successful here in showing Scott's core traits, new or old. The difference between the two is mainly that the older one is stuck in a bad story.

Corsair's condition is bound to upset Scott, but I have to wonder if it's something that will also disappoint him.