View Poll Results: How would you grade the issue?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 stars

10 29.41%
  • 4 stars

6 17.65%
  • 3 stars

5 14.71%
  • 2 stars

9 26.47%
  • 1 star

4 11.76%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

She got amazing in this new series. Storm would mandate her for sure.

Who else wants to see Warbird in one of these issues already? I love her drawn by McGuiness.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Warbird never clicked with me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Me too. Her name is Hazmat. I liked Avengers Academy, though.
    I don't think Avengers wannabes deserve a codename of their own. They don't deserve individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    She got amazing in this new series. Storm would mandate her for sure.

Who else wants to see Warbird in one of these issues already? I love her drawn by McGuiness.
    I want Warbird vs Deathbird with the resurrection of Lilandra in the balance! Instant classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I don't get what other people see in this, I thought it was awful. Emotionally tone deaf, tedious exposition and plain badly written.
    We're lead to believe initially that when Storm was young she accidently created a killer sandstorm that flayed innocent people alive. Storm should be horrified when she learns of this but instead we get this whiny "I was 12" response; it just showed a lack of empathy. They killed the monster because of some nonsense, Beast was clearly trolling the rest of the team with his mystic guesswork and the villain design has more useless embellishments than a Rob Liefeld character. Also why were Warbird and Angel in this book?
    You are not alone. I was more sympathetic to the "I was 12" response, since she was just a little kid just learning to control scary elemental forces, not the badass she is today. Plus, the guy telling her this was also killing her family members. Other than that I agree with all your points. Especially Beast's "oh yeah, her soul is probably in the monster and if we kill the monster she'll be fine" after looking at the girl for about two seconds -- what the heck was up with that!? Thought this plot was awful.

Oh, and does Wolverine have his healing factor back or not? I ask in all honesty. He had what appeared to be a large chunk taken out of his shoulder by that major magical plot contrivance that looked like a giant steak knife but did not really seem to be too bothered by that at all at the end of the book. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by sanderling; 06-04-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    The other X-men get some side action to try an take down a death monster, but Storm ultimately takes care of that as well.
    Just finished reading it. It was a good story and I agree with your other post about it not being some epic tale for Storm, but one that does give good focus to her past, definitely sets the premise for her solo, and gives her some good action from a powerful opponent. I think Monty did a good job with the voices of the characters. I would have to have also gotten some more definitive information about Meruda's powers and magic.

Oh yeah, and I could have done without the Firestar story. I read and was like....what is this...? I would have rather had those pages used to elaborate more on Meruda.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 06-04-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

so te bad guy was killed, huh? so all x-men kill now?

spoilers:
    The guy had it coming. He was murdering innocent people and didn't stop when he was given a chance to.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    spoilers:
    The guy had it coming. He was murdering innocent people and didn't stop when he was given a chance to.
    end of spoilers
    and I expected storm to be better than him

She did what she had to do. No more no less.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Ok.. so my fellow Storm family don't hate me but I wasn't that impressed with this story. What loved was the retcon and the introduction to other members her family. I hated the fact dickey changed tchalla and ororos origin story. I liked that it showed her connection to the spirits with her talking with one of the deceased villagers from the sand storm. This is something that could lead to some interesting story telling in the future. But this story kinda fell flat to me. It was ok but I seriously don't think if this is the direction Pak is going these stories would attract new readers who aren't fans of the character.

BANNED

no need to hide,spoilers on a thread with heavy spoilers on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    no need to hide,spoilers on a thread with heavy spoilers on the subject
    Oops. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ok.. so my fellow Storm family don't hate me but I wasn't that impressed with this story. What loved was the retcon and the introduction to other members her family. I hated the fact dickey changed tchalla and ororos origin story. I liked that it showed her connection to the spirits with her talking with one of the deceased villagers from the sand storm. This is something that could lead to some interesting story telling in the future. But this story kinda fell flat to me. It was ok but I seriously don't think if this is the direction Pak is going these stories would attract new readers who aren't fans of the character.
    totally understands this point of view. I think Pak's book will be a much stronger story. I think this issue is just a catalyst to her solo, and reminded Ororo of what her gifts meant to the world before she became an X-man. And the retcon is beyond awesome for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    I don't get what other people see in this, I thought it was awful. Emotionally tone deaf, tedious exposition and plain badly written.
    We're lead to believe initially that when Storm was young she accidently created a killer sandstorm that flayed innocent people alive. Storm should be horrified when she learns of this but instead we get this whiny "I was 12" response; it just showed a lack of empathy.
    I agree. They made her sound like a self-centred idiot in this issue.

The art was very uneven as well. That last panel ass-shot pose of Storm just looked goofy.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I haven't read it yet, but this is how I anticipate feeling: I'm going to LOVE the retcon (re-retcon) and some of the art/plot, but it's probably going to read to me like a shallow story from an unpolished writer. I mean, we all know Beast is just making this stuff up as he goes along, right? Like has for a looooong while now. ;P Not that I mind when it stars Storm like this does. ;D Fortunately, this writer isn't Greg Pak.

...So my point is, I don't hate you for it, hah. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007