View Poll Results: How would you rate ANXF #9?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Gambit and Angela sitting in a tree

10 27.78%
  • 4 - Quicksilver's Mags rant was beautiful

18 50.00%
  • 3 - Memento Mori just went beast mode

1 2.78%
  • 2 - Gambit needs to get nekkid more

3 8.33%
  • 1 - This needed more Danger & Warlock

4 11.11%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I am just waiting for Linda and Gambit to connect over their mutual indiscretions and hook up, lol.
    Because you know this WILL be happening. Because it will.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Ultimate Member

Possibly. Although the difference is that Linda knew that boss was married, and chose the sleep with him anyway. Gambit, on the other hand, didn't learn who "Angela" really was until afterward. One is definitely worse than the other.

Well we assume she knew. For all we know Harrison didn't reveal he was married until after the fact or their affair preceded her getting job with Serval.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

This issue was alright. The latter was a lot better than the first half. Pietro's speech was the highlight for me. Gambit going out and sleeping with what's her name was fun too.

I am not sure it gives Linda any leverage because I don't think Angela is afraid of Harry finding out and more than likely wants him to find out. This is the proverbial pissing contest between Harry and Angela with Linda and Gambit simply the measuring sticks. I am just waiting for Linda and Gambit to connect over their mutual indiscretions and hook up, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Because you know this WILL be happening. Because it will.
    I can see this and you could be right. And yes to Linda and Gambit having some indiscretion with each other as well. And I would love to see it too. LOL

Well we assume she knew. For all we know Harrison didn't reveal he was married until after the fact or their affair preceded her getting job with Serval.
    Whether she knew up front or after the fact, she continued with the relationship.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I can see this and you could be right. And yes to Linda and Gambit having some indiscretion with each other as well. And I would love to see it too. LOL

Whether she knew up front or after the fact, she continued with the relationship.
    Which is not uncommon in situations where you don't find out until after you fall for someone. At the end of the day, Linda doesn't owe Angela any kind of loyalty. Harrison does. Would I want my wife cheating on me. Hell no. Is it the other dude's fault if she does. Hell no. Well unless we are friends in which case I will return the favor and stab a dude in the back except mine would be literal and not metaphorical, lol.

Edit - If the police are reading this, I am just kidding. I would never ever stab someone in the back.

Well unless he deserved it.
    Last edited by remydat; 06-06-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Which is not uncommon in situations where you don't find out until after you fall for someone. At the end of the day, Linda doesn't owe Angela any kind of loyalty. Harrison does. Would I want my wife cheating on me. Hell no. Is it the other dude's fault if she does. Hell no. Well unless we are friends in which case I will return the favor and stab a dude in the back except mine would be literal and not metaphorical, lol.

Edit - If the police are reading this, I am just kidding. I would never ever stab someone in the back.

Well unless he deserved it.
    Exactly, its not uncommon. It depends on the person and how much in like to in love they become - once that happens - concessions are made.

I just think we're missing something. Not sure what yet.

Incredible Member

Angela seemed positively pleased with Linda finding her in Gambit's room. Maybe Angela is trying to destroy X-Factor, which is like her husband's shiny new toy. She expects her husband to disband X-Factor once he finds out how dangerous Gambit is around the ladies...

I personally doubt Harrison will find out about his wife's sleeping around anytime soon...I think the X-Factor teammates will know before the boss, but that's just my gut feeling talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Angela seemed positively pleased with Linda finding her in Gambit's room. Maybe Angela is trying to destroy X-Factor, which is like her husband's shiny new toy. She expects her husband to disband X-Factor once he finds out how dangerous Gambit is around the ladies...

I personally doubt Harrison will find out about his wife's sleeping around anytime soon...I think the X-Factor teammates will know before the boss, but that's just my gut feeling talking.
    I think Angela was not only pleased but planned the whole thing. I think she has an agenda but not sure what it is yet.

Spectacular Member

Maybe there is a power dampener near Doug as well, because he isn't using his powers at all. This guy whispered in Magma's ear in a language that was just for her, and she forgave his trying to kill her. Now he's not reading simple body language that shows that the girl doesn't want to talk, let alone not even trying to talk to her in her "language." I'm looking forward to seeing how David develops him.

The best version of Warlock was from Louise Simonson's Warlock series. I really wish we can have that Warlock back. I also hope we get to see Warlock's son Tyro again.
    Not Peter David.

Quote Originally Posted by pad View Post
    Maybe there is a power dampener near Doug as well, because he isn't using his powers at all. This guy whispered in Magma's ear in a language that was just for her, and she forgave his trying to kill her. Now he's not reading simple body language that shows that the girl doesn't want to talk, let alone not even trying to talk to her in her "language." I'm looking forward to seeing how David develops him.
    I think writers have a hard time with Doug's powers -- there is definitely a lack of consistency about how they are shown. He's amazingly powerful when it's convenient to the plot but most of the rest of the time his powers are forgotten/ignored. His post-death power increase can't be helping things since it really made his powers kind of nebulous. That said, other than deducing that Warlock was in Texas from that little piece of tech, has Doug been shown using his powers at all? I'd like to see them get some definition, at least within the world of X-Factor.

Big oops on my part -- I absolutely did not realize that the poll up top was also a ranking system. I went with "needed more Danger and Warlock", because what doesn't, but didn't realize that was also a low ranking. I liked this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Big oops on my part -- I absolutely did not realize that the poll up top was also a ranking system. I went with "needed more Danger and Warlock", because what doesn't, but didn't realize that was also a low ranking. I liked this issue!
    It's okay. Everyone knows that the QS Mags rant was the highlight of this issue. It'd be the highlight of any issue. In fact, anything Quicksilver does in this book is the highlight of the book. Says me.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

It's okay. Everyone knows that the QS Mags rant was the highlight of this issue. It'd be the highlight of any issue. In fact, anything Quicksilver does in this book is the highlight of the book. Says me.
    So I have to vote #4 because Quicky ranting for a good reason is a nice change. Just wish Mags on his mission to punish other bad guys had heard it.

That said. Everything would be better with naked Gambit. Seriously.. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be better with naked Gambit.

Breakfast cereal... Better with naked Gambit.

Movies... Better with naked Gambit

Waking up in the morning... Yeah goes without saying.

Also I'm highly doubting Gambit is dumb enough to hook up with Angela... Knowing who she is now.

I'm sure it was just her way of getting back at her husband for screwing Lynda. I doubt she had any other motive.

"But Quicksilver didn't appear in that-"
    "HIGHLIGHT of the issue!"

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Also I'm highly doubting Gambit is dumb enough to hook up with Angela... Knowing who she is now.

I'm sure it was just her way of getting back at her husband for screwing Lynda. I doubt she had any other motive.
    I'd like to believe Angela is more involved and has more dimensions than that. I also think Peter David has more than just revenge sex in mind, given how nonchalantly Angela handled the matter of Snow sleeping with Linda behind her back.
    Last edited by salarta; 06-09-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)