Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The next generation of heroes.

I have been a reader of DC Comics for almost 8 years now and I couldn't not notice one big elephant in the room and that elephant is called the once amazing franchise that is called the Teen Titans.

Now let's talk about the new-52 Titans first,they are a group of young kids who fight evil bad guys and stick with one another like family because they care for one another very dearly,but here's the thing,reading the Titans book never gave me that same feeling that the old countonity gave me,this new group feels really generic and seem to care for each other because the plot forces them to.

I remember the old Teen Titans that had the Young Justice heroes with bart,con,tim,cass but those 4 never grow up together and spent years and years of developing and growing with one another and that's why I think that the Teen Titans book is doomed for irrelevance,now with that said do you think DC should cancel the Titans book and relaunch the next generation of heroes as the new young justice?.

Now I remember that before the new-52 there was a fourth generation in the making with Damian Wayne,Wally west daughter,Lian Harper,and Chris Kent or something like this pic below.

1440878249438.jpg

And couple of years past us by and DC has already has a new generation of heroes with Damian, Green Arrow's sister Himiko, De Aged Wally West,nobody's daughter and maybe we are robin kids so with that much potential do you think DC should give the new generation a chance or stay with the same old Titans formula?.
    Last edited by LP22; 08-29-2015 at 02:24 PM.

I don't think we can expect that anytime soon with the new 52 universe where every character started over and were de-aged. We have a few new generation of heroes here or there, mainly in the batman side of things, but no one I can really think of who can pull there own series, expect maybe Harper Row/Bluebird(I know we have enough batman titles but I'd actually like to see more of her in a series instead of just in the weekly series and occasionally in Batman).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

To be fair, the did an amazing job with the Young Justice show.

I'm sure the book will have a good revamp once the right writer is found. It could be a great book, like when Johns took over.

I think DC should pay more attention to TT as a product. 3 tv shows make them pretty popular within the general population, if you ask me. Maybe investing a little in the book is not such a bad idea.
    I wouldn't let go of the Young Justice Generation just yet. Tim, Cassie, Bart and Conner MUST be the TT. Otherwise they wouldnt fit anywhere else. Although, the idea of Emiko and Damian in the same book sounds FRIGGIN AMAZING, but I wouldn't put them on the TT. Maybe a New Young Justice or something like that.
    Last edited by poroto678; 08-31-2015 at 05:26 AM.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I'm sure the book will have a good revamp once the right writer is found. It could be a great book, like when Johns took over.

Tim, Cassie, Bart and Conner MUST be the TT. Otherwise they wouldnt fit anywhere else.
    They've tried a couple of revamps while keep all four of these cancers on the team and it hasn't worked out.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Although, the idea of Emiko and Damian in the same book sounds FRIGGIN AMAZING[/B]
    Please DC, give us a book with this couple!

BANNED

Although, the idea of Emiko and Damian in the same book sounds FRIGGIN AMAZING, but I wouldn't put them on the TT. Maybe a New Young Justice or something like that.
    This with the addition of Wally West as the new Impulse or a new Identity altogether and maybe new additions from the superman and wonder woman families and if they want to get crazy put maps from gotham academy or some of the we are robin kids and maybe even bluebird and spoiler Heck even Maya,NoBody's daughter(man it's kinda funny if the new young justice team will have 75% bat characters).

If it was up to me The book will be kind of an homage to the old Wolfman and perez Titans era,the kids will grow tired of living in their mentors shadow and decided to make their own name in the world ,also what I like about the new generation(Damian,Emiko,and Wally when they decide to finally give him his powers),is the fact that they know there mentors and grow up learning from them giving them a real sense of legacy,something that the New-52 Titans are greatly missing.

I think a lot of us are hoping that the Titans Hunt mini series will restore some of the old continuity and maybe even bring about a revamping of the main title. Teen Titans should be one of DC's cornerstone books but it's been floundering since the start of the New 52. I would love to see the return of characters like Blue Beetle, Miss Martian, Kid Devil, and Ravager.

BANNED

Atm, I am not expecting any changes as long as Johns and Didio are running the show with their Silver Age nostalgia tripping. Johns wrote the book exactly as he wanted it, and he mauled Young Justice and New Teen Titans to do it, and despite the teams success as a cartoon, it just doesn't seem to make it a priority to Didio to use that popularity for anything.

Spectacular Member

I've been thinking about this on and off for a little while now. I have really felt launching the Teen Titans out the gate of the New 52 was a mistake. The New 52 was supposed to be a new universe with new continuity and then a 5 year time gap from Superman going public to "now" and you have a team of second generation superheros in operation with relatively no established continuity outside of Tim Drake. And here we are 4 years later and they still really haven't established anything for these characters outside of the Teen Titans book itself.

I honestly think the book as is should be canceled and forgotten about. Tim Drake is in the future in Batman Beyond, he doesn't need to be in two books, Superboy has been a hot mess since the beginning and while the rest of the cast has gotten some spot light they still suffer from not really existing outside of this book.

Cancel it, forget it happened and launch an All New Teen Titans book staring characters who feature in other books and come together for a threat only they think they can stop.

I'd cast Damien Wayne, Wally West, Donna Troy (once she turns anti hero in Wonder Woman) as the trinity of this book. The threat could be something linked to Damien's past so it ties in with his Son of Batman book and needs the abilities of a speedster and an amazon to defeat it so he recruits Donna and Wally think they'd be easier to manipulate than Barry or Diana, however over the course of the first arc he grows to respect them and possibly care about them though he would never admit it and they gel as a unit.

After the first arc and after he gets established a little bit in the Lois and Superman book I'd bring in Jon Kent and Harper Row or Emiko.

Always Rakzo

Obligatory:

youngblood1.jpg

On topic: I think we definitely need a new Young Justice team book focusing on the recently created superhero kids like Damian, Emiko, Wally (when he becomes Kid Flash) mixed with others a bit older but that can also fit in the tone of the series like Stephanie Brown, Harper Row, etc.

I think a title with a humourous tone that also manages to get what being a young and inexperienced kid on a world of superheroes is would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I think a title with a humourous tone that also manages to get what being a young and inexperienced kid on a world of superheroes is would be great.
    Please, yes. I would like to have fun reading Teen Titans, Young Justice or whatever they want to call it.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Here's the problem, DC doesn't want to do that. They don't seem to want to acknowlege the younger set because that would make the "Adult" heroes older by subset. The thing is, if DC was smart (which at times they can be) they should have just said "screw it" and not done a reboot and let the younger set move up in rank. Sure all the main heroes would be there, but it would mean that the Titans were now on the same foot as their Mentors, the Young Justice Crew could be mentoring the newer set of young heroes. It would have made DC stand out in a way different from Marvel. But they didn't and Teen Titans and Young Justice stuffered for it.

There was, I believe, in the old form or last year, a post made that the OP mentioned, and there was a clip of the art work. The idea of the New Young Justice was that it was going to have Static, Super Girl, Spoiler (Batgirl), Ms. Martian, Blue Beetle, Robin (Damian) and impulse (Iris) as the main team, Super Girl leading the group, and them not only training as a group but also training the younger two and others that would have joined later.

Thing is that, as someone above said, there's this "We want Silver Age" mindset going on all over the place with the staff at the big two. I'm not sure why exactly.

I've always been fond of the notion of a “Titans Earth” where the Silver Age generation of heroes die off and/or retire and the Titans and YJ generations step up and take over — a bit like Earth-16, but without the “living meaningless lives” bit. Heck, I’d even buy an Earth-16 ongoing, once the “brats” part of “media brats” gets resolved.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

DC doesn't want the next generation of heroes. Look at what happened to Wally West. He surpassed his mentor and became more popular then DC killed him off. Stone cold.
    Last edited by LordZodail; 09-01-2015 at 03:00 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordZodail View Post
    DC doesn't want the next generation of heroes. Look at what happened to Wally West. He surpassed his mentor and became more popular then DC killed him off. Stone cold.
    Miss the Titans (Marv-Perez) like crazy. Was always hoping the original Titans would have become more like the Special/Black ops section of the Justice League - being the kids that grew up in this crazy DC universe. Curious to see what Dan does with Titans Hunt.