Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The Cell thing is pretty much a huge heaping dose of SMvFL *and* PIS.
    I'm not so sure if it can be SMvFL'd away, ironically because of another time where it *didn't* work: the scene was essentially repeated against Majin Buu just so that Toryiama could say, "See? The old tricks don't work on this new villain!" So it's a direct reference to and acknowledgement of Tien's best feat, whereas Spidey writers try their best not to bring up SMvFL, otherwise then it becomes validated.

----

A side thought, but after 30 years, neither Krillin nor Tien have ever used the taiyoken in conjunction with their deadlier attacks. A *lot* of bloodshed could be saved that way, especially with how often the Kienzan manages to damage characters much stronger than Krillin.

----

Lastly, for Resurrection of F, I *loved* seeing the rest of the crew fighting Frieza's army, but they were themselves nerfed in the process for the sake of better animation, so it looked better. But in terms of feats, nothing we haven't seen before (except for Roshi, who still suffered the worst).

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

A side thought, but after 30 years, neither Krillin nor Tien have ever used the taiyoken in conjunction with their deadlier attacks. A *lot* of bloodshed could be saved that way, especially with how often the Kienzan manages to damage characters much stronger than Krillin.
    Come to think of it, the only time the taiyoken to my recollection being used followed by an attack was pretty much the first time as Tien blinded Roshi/Chun and went straight for an attack that worked.

And this was when Tien was more or less a complete dick who broke Yamcha's leg for no reason other than he can not too long ago.

Soooo...Being good makes you a tad dumb? *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Yes, but it changes feats. For instance, Goku loses his "punches through Kai's planet" feat. That's what we mean by overwriting in this instance.
    On the plus side; it isn't too big of a deal as their are past feats that put Goku's striking ability at that level anyway. But it was still nice to see.

I wonder who is making these changes anyway. Akira? Or Toei?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Toei for the most part, I think. Akira isn't into doing a weekly series really. He was really involved in writing for the movies, but Super seems to be Toei working from his plot outline, which is different.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Toei for the most part, I think. Akira isn't into doing a weekly series really. He was really involved in writing for the movies, but Super seems to be Toei working from his plot outline, which is different.
    I don't think so since a lot of scenes(including the aforementioned alteration in feats) in the anime of DBS are mirrored in the promotional manga adaptation, which Toriyama is writing.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Well,the kai planet punching feat,few beieved it to be impressive due to the amount of real life calcs behind it to make it look impressive.So it doesnt matter.

Aside from that dbs has way better feats than bog movie.Beerus tapping a table and perfectly destroying half of a planet was amusing and awesome.

Also,vegeta never cared that his planet or father or the saiyan race became extinct cos of freeza,he hated that he was enslaved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I don't think so since a lot of scenes(including the aforementioned alteration in feats) in the anime of DBS are mirrored in the promotional manga adaptation, which Toriyama is writing.
    They're not exactly mirrored.

It seems more like they have the same basic outline for the stories but small alterations are made based on who's writing. For example, in the manga Goku still get the feat of punching a hole in King Kai's planet, and the scene showing Beerus getting a feast on an alien planent are quite different. In the manga the king of the planet tries to have him killed by poisoning the food and that works out about as well as one would expect and Beerus nuke the planet. In the anime the poor sods are really just trying to satisfy the guy and they succeed to the point where he only finger taps away half their planet.

So we have basically three different continuities with the same basica story and there are differences in all of them. Makes counting feats just a tad bit difficult if you want to get into specifics, but the overall presentation of power seems to be the same.

Well,beerus finger flicked ssj3 goku and damaged him quite a bit.A weaker version of ssj3 goku shook the entire planet violently while transforming to ssj3.

So if he can do that to someone who can shake the entire planet just by powering up while using little power,imagine what he can do if he goes all out hehe.

Im very curious how they will handle ssj god goku mortally wounded by sorbet's ring.WIll they keep it same,or remove it and make it differently.
    Last edited by buutenks; 09-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Makes counting feats just a tad bit difficult if you want to get into specifics, but the overall presentation of power seems to be the same.
    Heh, this point reminded me of DBZ Abridged. I've seen the entire DBZ-proper, and i'm up to date on Abridged, but the latter really (and probably unintentionally) helped me understand the context of all those battles and feats better than the show did, maybe because Abridged, by nature, would have to remove a bunch of filler and hyperbole that tends to really hurt the pacing of fights. Yes, it also cuts out a good chunk of the fights, but the jist of it is there. It's kind of ironic, but on a straight level, Abridged helped me out.

Tien was able to keep up with Piccolo and 18 when they all attacked Beerus. That would show that he's at least as fast as them. Piccolo at that point would totally massacre Freiza.

They can't **** around with Freiza either, as he's shown he will effortlessly blow up a planet just to win. But as far as strength, they're above Freiza. Well Tien and Krillin are at least.

Is it just me or does noone else wonder how Tien's triangle shaped Blast Shin Kioko makes a square hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Is it just me or does noone else wonder how Tien's triangle shaped Blast Shin Kioko makes a square hole?
    Just gotta believe, man.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Oh, you know, DBZ and geometry...

You must have more faith,non believer.

^^