Default How much Spidey will end up getting collected in epic collections?

With four Spidey Epic Collections out and another solicited for a February release, mostly collecting Amazing Spider-Man, but some Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Web of Spider-Man, will we ever see Epic Collections go into mainly PPSSM and WoS? The Essential books have all three titles separately in black and white, albeit only up to certain issues, but these Epic Collections are replacing the Essentials, right?
    If the Essentials continued I'd be happy, and I'd keep collecting those, but also the Epics until all is caught up and I have everything in color.
    Also, it's rather interesting how we also have The Complete Alien Costume Saga books that cross into what is collected in recent trades like The Birth of Venom, and the Epic Collection: Ghosts of the Past. I get that other books like the Alien Costume Saga 1 & 2 is a way to collect self contained stories, or a group of related stories, but why not just make those into Epic Collections? They are fairly close in how they are presented, aren't they?
    Would you say it's all for some extra cash in Marvel's pockets?

I think the plan is for the entirety of the series to be collected this way, including separate collections for Spectacular and Web.

A major issue is the formatting. With the epic collections done out of order, they have to determine what issues will be included years in advance. So that's part of the reason the Alien Costume saga isn't part of an epic collection.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Very interesting stuff. I'd love to see the thought process, creative team in action, to figure out what goes in what. Whenever they release the stories that contain crossovers with Web of and Spectacular, like Kraven's Last Hunt, will those show up in multiple releases? Is it possible KLH will show up in three Epic Collections? I can't imagine it would, and for the most part, I have several stories or single issues reprinted in different books. I'm sure you have folks with original issues, masterwork, omnibus, trade, and/or digital edition reprints.
    A little overkill, but to each is own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Very interesting stuff. I'd love to see the thought process, creative team in action, to figure out what goes in what. Whenever they release the stories that contain crossovers with Web of and Spectacular, like Kraven's Last Hunt, will those show up in multiple releases? Is it possible KLH will show up in three Epic Collections? I can't imagine it would, and for the most part, I have several stories or single issues reprinted in different books. I'm sure you have folks with original issues, masterwork, omnibus, trade, and/or digital edition reprints.
    A little overkill, but to each is own.
    I'd imagine they'd skip most crossovers in the satellite epic collections. It's easy to do with KLH since that was by a different creative team.

I'm a bit more curious on how they handle stories that tie into events in ASM. For example, ill the Web of Spider-Man two-parter dealing with the aftermath of Ned Leeds' death be included in the Amazing Spider-Man epic collection?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets