Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Whatcha Watchin?

Hey gang! Find something cool and have to share? How about finding a rare gem and telling everyone about it?

Well here's the place to do it. Let's get this place jumping!!

Mighty Member

Jodorowsky's Dune is a wonderful docu about the movie that was never made. Just hearing Jodorowsky talk about how he projected his vision to storyboard and how he gathers his crew really made me wish this movie came to reality.

To see how many movies that would spring up afterward would have been amazing.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I'm watching Warehouse 13, Once Upon a Time, and taking a peak at Metal Hurlant Chronicles. Warehouse 13 is possibly my favorite tv show. This season is nerve wracking because it's the last one and it's only six episodes. MHC doesn't really hold my attention, but I can tell that if I sat down and tried, I'd probably really enjoy it. I'm almost always up for an anthology and scifi. Adding The Wizard of Oz to Once Upon a Time stretched my patience and suspension of belief. Every time I hear "other land" I cringe a little. It's a good show, but the conflicts and dialogue gets repetitive. I couldn't complain about if I didn't care, though. I like all the actors.

I'm counting the days until Defiance returns. The Defiance promo looks awesome. I read they were experimenting with changing environments for characters to show how they'd react in new situations. It looks like they've delivered. I'm a sucker for Jaime Murray.

I'm about to catch up on the latest season of Archer and I'm finishing up Deep Space Nine (Season 7 episode 2).
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 04-30-2014 at 10:46 PM.

I just saw The Adventures of Tintin today and it was way better than I thought. I wish the would have done that live action instead of that last Indiana Jones and just put indy to rest and replaced him with Tintin.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I've been binge watching The Wire since Easter and I'm as far as mid season 3. If there's is a better police procedural / crime drama I've yet to watch it.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

The Raid 2. Probably one of the best action films I've seen of this year.

Mighty Member

Saint Ange is an atmospheric and quite haunting film. It's very moving as well. It is a slow burn, but it is well worth the wait. Add to the que.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

All-New Member

If you're not watching FARGO you should be.
    The best part of METAL HURLANT CHRONICLES is the opening credits.
    THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN has a great story and terrific action sequences just as thrilling and exciting as any in the "Indiana Jones" movies.

Incredible Member

Caper. Just finished watching this on Hulu+. It's about a group of out-of-work superheroes who plan a heist on one of their former employers who's an evil Tony Stark type character.

It stars Abby Miller, Beth Riesgraf (Leverage), Harry Shum Jr. (Glee) and Hartley Sawyer with cameos from Scott Bakula, Colin Ferguson and James Callis.

Far too many shows to mention, but the show that I watched most recently was the first episode of Orphan Black's second season. This. show. is. amazing, and if you're not watching it - then you're doing it wrong.

Season 2 Trailer

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Scratched cd here> but Captain America The Winter Soldier again. Only dampened by the crowd including the friend I went with. I'll rectify that next time I go.

Watched Vikings season finale last night and am throwing in the mead horn, that's okay.

I have the pilot for WGN's Salem waiting to be watched. Sometime soon, I guess.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Hey gang! Find something cool and have to share? How about finding a rare gem and telling everyone about it?

Well here's the place to do it. Let's get this place jumping!!
    I am watching Bewitched on Netflix. Up to Season Six now (Episode 9).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Agents of SHIELD and Vikings, for now. Not a huge TV fan and my other main show-- Almost Human-- just got cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Scratched cd here> but Captain America The Winter Soldier again. Only dampened by the crowd including the friend I went with. I'll rectify that next time I go.
    I finally saw it today. It was a cool action flick. Evans was great in it again (didn't expect otherwise, really).
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Been binge watching things the last few days. Watched Person of Interest s1, Orange is the New Black and The Following s1 over the last few days -

Person of Interest - Enjoyed this show mostly, it has a decent enough concept, two enjoyable leads and had some interesting twists. Not a fan of the woman who plays the female cop, so unconvincing in that role imo.

Orange is the New Black - So utterly utterly brilliant, deliciously dark and funny, amazing characters, great story, hits you with some serious moments and had one hell of a final scene.

The Following - Thought this was a decent show which had some hiccups along the way with a stalling story. I do feel like Kevin Williamson needs to get past this art/literature meta-deconstruction of serial killers. Through both this and the Scream films you have the killers going on about the tropes of the story and what should and shouldn't happen. I felt like I'd heard it all before. It also suffered from the old "telling but not showing", we're constantly told about how Joe is this charismatic man who could make people follow him but I never actually felt it, it never convinced me he was such an enigmatic character. One thing I will say was that the cast were brilliant, Bacon was fantastic, Ashmore was as ridiculously likeable as he always is, Purefoy brought some classic english villainy, a sense of intellect.