Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Least fave would be the AofA and AofX runs. Just not a fan of the alt-reality tilts personally, and feel like they play out like corny action movies rather than do anything to develop the storyline of the characters "back in normal time." AofA is a bit different in that respect thankfully, and I do appreciate how they made the run "matter."
    I agree in both regards. AoA was wildy creative(cancelling the whole line and replacing everything was insane back in the day!), I will give them that, but I only think GenNext was worth the paper it was printed on. It was mostly just nonsense action with heavy-handed dystopia tropes on the side. AoX was even worse; other than the slick Mann art, it is just fluff. Tempo was wasted on that nonsense.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

X-Tinction Agenda
    Operation: Zero Tolerance
    Mutant Massacre
    Blood Ties
    Asgardian Wars

Inferno gets my node for tying up the events of the DPS and the fallout of X-Factor # 1 as cleanly as could possibly be done. Simonson and Claremont deserve a lot of credit for making a story that was pretty questionable on it's face, feel palatable. Especially Claremont who clearly had all kinds of ideological problems with what Shooter was trying to do but found a way to fashion a good story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Inferno gets my node for tying up the events of the DPS and the fallout of X-Factor # 1 as cleanly as could possibly be done. Simonson and Claremont deserve a lot of credit for making a story that was pretty questionable on it's face, feel palatable. Especially Claremont who clearly had all kinds of ideological problems with what Shooter was trying to do but found a way to fashion a good story anyway.
    I agree. It is an elegant solution to editorially mandated problems. Simonson's X-Terminators mini is my favorite piece of her work. Illyana got screwed in the ending in NM, but the whole Maddie/Scott/Jean thing was wrapped up as best could be done. I felt horrible for Maddie, though, especially in that dream where her features are stripped away. Brutal. Some of Claremont's best work, that scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Inferno was post-Shooter. Harrass was the guy who was demanding things from Claremont at this point.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

X-Tinction Agenda

Phalanx Covenant

I loved early X-Tinction Agenda(and I love the original Genosha story even more), but that ending, whooo!! When Cameron is all bug-machine-man, especially in the X-Factor issue, my god. Just stop. Enough.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Jon Bogdanove’s art was...tough to gestate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jon Bogdanove’s art was...tough to gestate.
    lol.

I don't know. That page where Scott and Alex are going at it and their clothes are shedding off... lol yeah. Jon was special.

One of my favorite crossover events was Fatal Attractions. You had a lot going on here - Colossus defecting to Magneto. Magneto ripping the adamantium from Wolverine. Xavier mindwiping Magneto. So much and it was great to have ALL the various X-titles coming together for this!

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

No question Inferno. I also loved Operation Zero Tolerance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Messiah Complex and Necrosha were great.

I also have a soft spot for Fall of the mutants and Asgardian Wars with Alpha Flight.

For me Age of Apocalypse is the best one ever.

Also love Age of X of Mike Carey a lot.

Others I liked a lot were Messiah Complex, Second Coming, Zero Tolerance and House of M.

There are so many, but I think Inferno tops it just for how bold and different it was for the X-Men. It was also the true introduction of Mr Sinister, he had been floating in the background mostly but he made his big move at the end of Inferno trying to take advantage of the chaos and Madelyn's mental instability.

Messiah Complex for me.