Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Tony Daniel Teases "New Look" for Cassandra Cain in "Batman and Robin: Eternal"

The artist promises plenty of Bat-action for Cain, along with Dick Grayson, Harper Row, TIm Drake and other Robins.

Full article here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I want Cass as Black Bat. Simple and cool.

I will never understand why Black Bat has apparently been not what DC wants for her.

I don't expect her to be Black Bat in this Eternal. DC can't keep it simple and do what fans want with her. She can't be Batgirl, ok..so Black Bat.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Looking forward to Cassandra's new design, and hoping it's not too different from her old look .

Also looking forward to Harper interacting with Jim as Batman. That should really be fun .

Spectacular Member

Ive said it before and I'll say it again....

Harper Row is a useless character.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

The art looks solid!

Quote Originally Posted by KidGetNice View Post
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again....

Harper Row is a useless character.
    Harper is the third bet thing Snyder has introduced during his run, behind Julia and the Cout of Owls.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 08-28-2015 at 10:52 AM.

I think Julia is a Tim Seeley creation

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I think Julia is a Tim Seeley creation
    Julia is an ancient character that was brought to the New 52 by Snyder during Eternal. Seeley may have penned the story when Julia arrived but Snyder and Tynion were the head hanchos of the entire book.

A little more info:

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...robin-eternal/

TD: It’s a fine line, because you have your style as an artist, but you need to make sure that you get in all the little nuances of what each character is about. Dick’s posture, his demeanor, how he stands — it’s going to be much different than Tim or Jason’s. In this scene that I just drew in issue #1, we’ll see all three characters interacting with each other. You’ll see that my goal was to start showing all the differences between the three.

Jason Todd has a more carefree demeanor. Tim Drake is different from both of them — and is more serious than Dick Grayson, who plays the older brother of the group. That scene really shows the three Robins as three brothers. And the challenge of that is fun for me.
    TD: I was lucky enough to be asked to design Cassandra. One of the things that I had to keep in mind is that she’s not going to look like a Batgirl, the way we last saw her. So, trying to come up with a design that feels unique to her — and fits her personality — is the challenge.

I’m happy with the outcome of the design. In fact, I’m working on that page as we speak! Hopefully people will like the new look, but I’m certain she’s going to be one of the most exciting elements of the whole storyline. And I’m excited for people to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Julia is an ancient character that was brought to the New 52 by Snyder during Eternal. Seeley may have penned the story when Julia arrived but Snyder and Tynion were the head hanchos of the entire book.
    I believe that Seeley designed her look, at least.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

A bit disappointed that the interviewer didn't ask any Damian questions regarding the extent of his role in Eternal 2, but still... I'm cautiously optimistic about Cain's return.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-28-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

TD: I was lucky enough to be asked to design Cassandra. One of the things that I had to keep in mind is that she’s not going to look like a Batgirl, the way we last saw her. So, trying to come up with a design that feels unique to her — and fits her personality — is the challenge.

I’m happy with the outcome of the design. In fact, I’m working on that page as we speak! Hopefully people will like the new look, but I’m certain she’s going to be one of the most exciting elements of the whole storyline. And I’m excited for people to see her.
    New design is fine with me, I guess. But just keep her name Black Bat I say. Not Redbird, or not plain noncostumed Cassandra Cain in jeans and a army jacket. Black Bat worked just great.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Jason Todd has a more carefree demeanor. Tim Drake is different from both of them — and is more serious than Dick Grayson, who plays the older brother of the group. That scene really shows the three Robins as three brothers. And the challenge of that is fun for me.
    This is something that we just flat-out do NOT get enough of. I'm so looking forward to a book with them working closely together.

That art looks stellar!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    True, but Snyder does refer to Julia as Seeley's character, or at least he did so in a Twitter exchange with Seeley shortly before the start of ENDGAME.

Has Julia worn a Prez t-shirt in the actual comics?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    New design is fine with me, I guess. But just keep her name Black Bat I say. Not Redbird, or not plain noncostumed Cassandra Cain in jeans and a army jacket. Black Bat worked just great.
    Hopefully steering away from the sneakers, plastic jewellery and zigzag combo too ha